|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
2. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
(b) Moral fulfillment.
(c) Basic instinct.
(d) A simple life.
3. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
(c) Involuntary memoir.
(d) Act of bearing the soul.
4. Many people believe that everything is created through the existence of:
5. Nietzsche says that it is not necessary to get rid of the soul, however one must allow for its:
Short Answer Questions
1. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
2. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
3. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
4. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
5. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)