|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
2. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
(a) Backward and forward.
(b) Exoteric and esoteric.
(c) Inward and outward.
(d) Inferior and superior.
3. There is no need to do be the sole protector of mankind and the earth; instead, take time to seek _________.
4. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(b) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
(c) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
(d) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
5. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
(a) Materialistic atomism.
(c) Spiritual hierarchy.
(d) Physical transformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
2. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
3. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
4. Man will go to great lengths to avoid uncovering:
5. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)