|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) Interim truth.
(b) A personal hell.
(c) A private universe.
(d) Synthetic judgments.
2. Nietzsche states that philosophy concepts are not something that will autonomously _______.
3. A certain group of people believes that a thought comes when it wants to come, not when a/an:
(a) Trigger is present.
(b) Individual wishes.
(c) Tide rises.
(d) Soul speaks.
4. Nietzsche discusses how to value oneself along with valuing which of the following:
5. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
2. Nietzsche refers to what type of scientists in this section?
3. Which branch of science is referred to as the "queen of the sciences?"
4. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
5. Many people believe that everything is created through the existence of:
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)