|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
(a) Physical transformation.
(b) Materialistic atomism.
(c) Spiritual hierarchy.
2. The _______ way, which Nietzsche asserts was nobler, consisted in resisting what is self-evident.
3. In general, a man will not take on burden and responsibility without ______.
(d) Moral belief.
4. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
(a) Guinea pigs.
5. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes there are attempts being made to divert attention away from what philosopher?
2. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
3. Which branch of science is referred to as the "queen of the sciences?"
4. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
5. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)