|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
(b) Act of bearing the soul.
(c) Involuntary memoir.
2. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
3. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
4. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
(a) Guinea pigs.
5. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) Synthetic judgments.
(b) Interim truth.
(c) A private universe.
(d) A personal hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
2. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
3. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
4. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
5. It is difficult for people to relate to that which is considered _____.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)