|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Natural History of Morals - Chapters 186-203.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that if the explanation were possible then which of the following could be traced back to it?
(a) Origin of man.
(b) Organic functions.
(c) Birth of religion.
(d) Invention of philosophy.
2. Which philosopher is referenced in this section in regard to creativity versus morality?
3. A certain group of people believes that a thought comes when it wants to come, not when a/an:
(a) Individual wishes.
(b) Tide rises.
(c) Trigger is present.
(d) Soul speaks.
4. Who will serve as the only judge to the tests we put ourselves through?
5. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
(b) Divine intervention.
(d) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
2. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
3. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
4. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
5. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)