|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Natural History of Morals - Chapters 186-203.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the ancient philosophical and theological issues is addressed by Nietzsche?
(a) True opposites.
(b) Good versus evil.
(d) Faith versus knowledge.
2. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
3. Just because something is true does not mean that it ceases to be _________.
4. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
5. Which philosopher is referenced in this section in regard to creativity versus morality?
Short Answer Questions
1. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
2. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
3. Nietzsche believes there are attempts being made to divert attention away from what philosopher?
4. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
5. The author compares the moral sentiments of what region to the rest of the world?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)