|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Natural History of Morals - Chapters 186-203.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
(b) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(c) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
(d) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
2. Nietzsche insists that a refutable theory is one that has not lost its:
3. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Distant uncertainties.
(b) Promise of the future.
(c) Absolute knowledge.
(d) Immediate results.
4. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
(c) Mental illness.
5. Value tends to be linked to what type of feelings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the ancient philosophical and theological issues is addressed by Nietzsche?
2. Industrious cultures find it difficult to partake in what pastime?
3. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
4. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
5. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)