|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8: Peoples and Fatherlands - Chapters 240-256.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
2. Man's view of himself may cause him to have to do what?
3. Every person, regardless of status or vocation, strives to seek which of the following:
4. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) Ode to Joy.
(b) Don Giovanni.
(c) The Magic Flute.
(d) Overture to the Meistersinger.
5. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
(a) Basic instinct.
(c) Moral fulfillment.
(d) A simple life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
2. When one desires an object the actual interest relates to:
3. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
4. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
5. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)