|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8: Peoples and Fatherlands - Chapters 240-256.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) Don Giovanni.
(b) The Magic Flute.
(c) Overture to the Meistersinger.
(d) Ode to Joy.
2. Nietzsche points to the various German factions, including the Christian romantic movement and others including which of the following?
(d) Anti-French .
3. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
4. When one desires an object the actual interest relates to:
(c) The journey.
(d) The object.
5. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
(a) Inward and outward.
(b) Inferior and superior.
(c) Exoteric and esoteric.
(d) Backward and forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first composer to be mentioned in this chapter?
2. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
3. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
4. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
5. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)