|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8: Peoples and Fatherlands - Chapters 240-256.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
2. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
(c) Giving birth.
3. Nietzsche believes that man tends to view himself in what kind of light?
4. _________ are becoming more similar to one another as they become more detached from the origins of race and class.
5. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
(a) Exoteric and esoteric.
(b) Inward and outward.
(c) Backward and forward.
(d) Inferior and superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Man's view of himself may cause him to have to do what?
2. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
3. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
4. How does one often view another who has many similar qualities?
5. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)