|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8: Peoples and Fatherlands - Chapters 240-256.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is no need to do be the sole protector of mankind and the earth; instead, take time to seek _________.
2. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) Overture to the Meistersinger.
(b) The Magic Flute.
(c) Ode to Joy.
(d) Don Giovanni.
3. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
(c) The world.
4. Nietzsche points to the various German factions, including the Christian romantic movement and others including which of the following?
(d) Anti-French .
5. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
(a) Blind faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first composer to be mentioned in this chapter?
2. When one desires an object the actual interest relates to:
3. _________ are becoming more similar to one another as they become more detached from the origins of race and class.
4. Above all else, morality is meant to justify what?
5. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)