|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8: Peoples and Fatherlands - Chapters 240-256.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one often view another who has many similar qualities?
(a) Celebrates him.
(b) Despises him.
(c) Discounts him.
(d) Ignores him.
2. There is no need to do be the sole protector of mankind and the earth; instead, take time to seek _________.
3. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) Ode to Joy.
(b) The Magic Flute.
(c) Overture to the Meistersinger.
(d) Don Giovanni.
4. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
(a) A simple life.
(b) Moral fulfillment.
(c) Basic instinct.
5. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
(d) Giving birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
2. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
3. What is a word that means something that comes in between?
4. In order to be able to gather a great deal of information one must possess which quality?
5. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)