|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emily wonders why people are afraid to let go of what?
2. Why can't Emily reveal the man's name?
3. What did Gilbert do when he was six with a friend?
4. How did Emily react when her mother died?
5. What does Emily take downstairs with her when she hears the professor's coach pull up?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what does Emily tell the audience that she promised to help Vinnie?
2. What did Emily and her family wonder as Gilbert made his last declaration before dying?
3. What does Emily tell the audience about her heart and about why Wadsworth won't visit again?
4. What did one of Emily's friends write in his last letter to her before he died?
5. What is Emily's father's job when Emily was 24 and where do they visit him?
6. What does Emily tell Wadsworth on his last visit to Amherst?
7. What compliment does Emily give to the audience before she leaves?
8. What kind of flowers does Emily say she would want on her grave when she dies?
9. After she fainted, Emily asks herself what about Gilbert's and her parents' graves?
10. How does Emily describe spring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author puts the darkest part of the play at the end? Do you think this is effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does Emily often turn to when she faces troubling times? How do the other members of her family handle similar situations? Do you think these are effective methods? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Emily wants to be famous so much? Do you think it is important to be famous? Why or why not?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)