|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vinnie treat Emily since their father died?
2. How does Emily say the world is when ones parents are gone?
3. Where is her father in Emily's mind?
4. What does Emily do with the man?
5. What did Gilbert equate with his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily characterize the people that should listen to her poems, like Mr. Higginson?
2. What funeral process does Emily describe for herself?
3. What does Emily promise to give to the audience the next time they visit?
4. With what does Emily tell the audience that she promised to help Vinnie?
5. What does Emily tell Wadsworth on his last visit to Amherst?
6. What does Emily tell Vinnie when Vinnie tells her not to talk about her own death?
7. What compliment does Emily give to the audience before she leaves?
8. What does Emily remind the audience about making her cake?
9. What did Abby Farly say about Emily after the judge died?
10. What is Emily's father's job when Emily was 24 and where do they visit him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author puts the darkest part of the play at the end? Do you think this is effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe Emily handles the disappointment well? Do you think there were other steps she could have taken to achieve her goals? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does Emily often turn to when she faces troubling times? How do the other members of her family handle similar situations? Do you think these are effective methods? Why or why not?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)