|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Emily come to realize that her life would change and that her father was ill?
2. What did Emily do the afternoon of the day her father died?
3. What is Emily doing as she is waiting?
4. What does Emily do with the man?
5. What does Emily believe she was being when she wanted to be famous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily remind the audience about making her cake?
2. What is Emily's father's job when Emily was 24 and where do they visit him?
3. What does Emily promise to give to the audience the next time they visit?
4. When does Emily write?
5. Who is Emily's only one true love?
6. After talking about Gilbert, what does Emily talk about that seems like random thoughts?
7. How does Emily say that she loved Wadsworth, and what does she tell the audience about this love?
8. What does Emily tell Vinnie when Vinnie tells her not to talk about her own death?
9. What does Emily tell Wadsworth on his last visit to Amherst?
10. Who disapproved of Emily and the judge and who caused more problems?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Emily treats her neighbors in the way she does? Do you think she is fair to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe Emily sees herself in the same way as the audience? Why or why not? How would you describe Emily?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is this play about Emily's ability to balance reality and fantasy? Do you think Emily is lucid throughout most of the play? Why or why not?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)