|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily admit about all the things she does?
2. What type of sermons does Emily enjoy?
3. How does Emily describe her Aunt Libbie?
4. How does Emily prefer to introduce herself?
5. What does Emily say is her entire life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Emily's father do that would floor Emily?
2. What would Lavinia do that her father disapproved of and what did he tell her to do?
3. How does Emily describe the orchard?
4. How does Emily describe her relationship with Vinnie and how does Vinnie take care of Emily?
5. During Emily's flashback to her teenage years, what does Mr. Crowell ask the class to do and how does Emily respond?
6. How does Emily describe the house and her garden?
7. How does Emily tell the audience that she and Lavinia spend their evenings?
8. What does Emily do that openly challenges Mr. Crowell's order?
9. How does Emily say her mother felt about her?
10. How old was Emily when she learned to tell time and what did the clock stopping mean to Emily?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Emily wants to be famous so much? Do you think it is important to be famous? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Emily's ability to stay on topic and in the present throughout the play? What do you think the author is trying to show through this process? Do you think it is effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does this play show Emily's instability? What do you think is the reason for her instability? Do you think her instability causes her odd behavior or do you think there is another reason for the odd behavior? Why?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)