|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time shifts to the garden, who comes to the house Emily?
(a) Her sister.
(b) A man.
(c) Her father.
2. Who does want to publish Emily's work?
(d) Professor Higginson.
3. What doesn't Emily understand about Vinnie?
(a) Her screaming.
(b) Her need to control Emily.
(c) Her self-righteousness.
(d) Her inability to think things through.
4. How did Emily react when her mother died?
(a) She was relieved.
(b) She was angry.
(c) She was stunned.
(d) She could not accept it.
5. How does Emily believe Vinnie feels about marriage?
(a) She is at peace with her life.
(b) She is angry that her beau married another.
(c) She feels life has cheated her.
(d) She regrets not being married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is her father in Emily's mind?
2. What does Emily think would be necessary for her family to stop crying over her father's death?
3. About what does Emily think will be some of the first things she will ask the professor?
4. How does Vinnie treat Emily since their father died?
5. Why does Emily bring flowers to her father's grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily say that she loved Wadsworth, and what does she tell the audience about this love?
2. After talking about Gilbert, what does Emily talk about that seems like random thoughts?
3. With what does Emily tell the audience that she promised to help Vinnie?
4. What does Emily remind the audience about making her cake?
5. What does Emily watch and then translate?
6. What did Emily and her family wonder as Gilbert made his last declaration before dying?
7. When does Emily write?
8. What does Emily tell the audience about her heart and about why Wadsworth won't visit again?
9. What does Emily call death and life?
10. What compliment does Emily give to the audience before she leaves?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)