|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily admit about all the things she does?
(a) She doesn't understand why it bothers people.
(b) She uses them as research.
(c) She does them on purpose.
(d) She cannot help what she does.
2. Which of the following best describes Emily's childhood?
(a) Cut short.
3. At what age did Emily believe she would be very popular?
4. Why did Emily's father indicate he wanted Emily to stay home?
(a) For his health.
(b) For her own beliefs.
(c) For her health.
(d) For the sake of the family.
5. Why doesn't Emily feel lonely when her family goes to church?
(a) She reads and loses herself in her texts.
(b) She visits with her neighbors.
(c) She feels God is always with her.
(d) She turns to writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emily welcome the audience?
2. What does Emily say that she must always do as a poet?
3. Which of the following is a good description of Emily?
4. How many classifications did Mary Lyon have for her students?
5. When people react to Emily's love, what does this cause her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily find amusing about her upcoming school year during the flashback?
2. What two emotions did Emily feel about Professor Higginson's visit and what caused her fear?
3. About what does reading the story about the train accident remind Emily?
4. How does Emily tell the audience that she and Lavinia spend their evenings?
5. What does Emily do when she meets with Mr. Billings and how does he respond?
6. What does Emily indicate is the highest form of art?
7. How does Emily feel about Jennie after the death of her mother and what are Emily's views on death?
8. What does Emily do that openly challenges Mr. Crowell's order?
9. During Emily's flashback to her teenage years, what does Mr. Crowell ask the class to do and how does Emily respond?
10. What distracts Emily that causes the mood of the play to change after the incident with Mr. Crowell?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)