|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of sermons does Emily enjoy?
(a) Those that deal with hope.
(b) Those that deal with fear.
(c) Those that deal with disbelief.
(d) Those that deal with humor.
2. How does Emily think her father felt about Austin?
(a) She thinks he respected Austin above all others.
(b) She thinks he did not like Austin at all.
(c) She thinks he was ashamed of Austin.
(d) She thinks he did not understand Austin.
3. Which of the following is how Emily describes the path between the two houses?
(a) Narrow enough to pass items across the windows.
(b) Just wide enough for 2 lovers.
(c) So close one could hear the happenings in the other house.
(d) Barely wide enough to walk through.
4. What does Emily do all of in her home?
5. Why does Emily indicate she might be frightened?
(a) She was just had a visitor that left her unsettled
(b) She is not used to strangers.
(c) She doesn't like the spotlight.
(d) She heard a strange noise off stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals did Emily say Mary Lyon was like?
2. Where did Austin live once he graduated?
3. Why does Emily say that she wears white all of the time?
4. What does Emily leave with the cakes she bakes for her neighbors?
5. At what age did Emily believe she would be very popular?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Emily get rid of all of her drafts?
2. What was it very difficult to do in relation to Emily's father and why was he the only member of the family allowed to do?
3. What would Emily's father do that would floor Emily?
4. How does Emily describe her relationship with Vinnie and how does Vinnie take care of Emily?
5. What does Emily feel her published poems will bring?
6. What does Emily find amusing about her upcoming school year during the flashback?
7. What does Emily indicate is the highest form of art?
8. How does Emily feel about Jennie after the death of her mother and what are Emily's views on death?
9. How does Vinnie feel about Emily and how does this relate to how Emily's father feels about her?
10. How does Emily describe the time her family, including her mother, all lived together?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)