|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily do all of in her home?
2. How many of the girls wasn't Mary Lyon able to convert?
3. What is the name of the cake?
4. What is Emily carrying as she enters the stage for the first time?
(b) A doll.
(c) Pen and paper.
(d) Book of poems.
5. What gift does Austin's father give him?
(a) A wife.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A business.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emily describe her Aunt Libbie?
2. What does Emily do to encourage her neighbors' curiosity?
3. What does Emily ask from the audience?
4. What type of sermons does Emily enjoy?
5. How is Emily known in Amherst?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vinnie feel about Emily and how does this relate to how Emily's father feels about her?
2. What did Emily and some of the other girls at her school form and what was the first thing they were going to do?
3. What does Emily feel her published poems will bring?
4. What relationship did Emily have with Professor Higginson?
5. How and when does Emily enjoy the circus?
6. How old was Emily when she learned to tell time and what did the clock stopping mean to Emily?
7. What would Lavinia do that her father disapproved of and what did he tell her to do?
8. How does Emily describe the orchard?
9. How does Emily describe the house and her garden?
10. What does Emily do when she meets with Mr. Billings and how does he respond?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)