|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily admit about all the things she does?
(a) She uses them as research.
(b) She cannot help what she does.
(c) She does them on purpose.
(d) She doesn't understand why it bothers people.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term impenitent?
3. How does Emily describe the Bible?
(a) As an arid book.
(b) A book that is never wise.
(c) A book with no merry sections.
(d) As a book of lies.
4. What does Emily say that the residents of Amherst provide her?
(a) A source of inspiration for writing.
(b) A need to keep herself inside the house.
(c) The means to survive.
(d) Endless amusement.
5. What is Emily's middle name?
6. What is the name of the cake?
7. What does Emily say has happened to the notes she has sent to her neighbors?
(a) They have been published in magazines.
(b) They have been returned to her.
(c) They have been sold to others.
(d) They have become collector's items in the village.
8. Why does Emily think that her father wanted her to stay home?
(a) To write her poems.
(b) For her health.
(c) He was lonely.
(d) He needed her to care for him.
9. Who missed Austin the most while he was at school?
(a) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Mary Lyon.
10. Why does Emily indicate she might be frightened?
(a) She was just had a visitor that left her unsettled
(b) She doesn't like the spotlight.
(c) She is not used to strangers.
(d) She heard a strange noise off stage.
11. How many Valentines did Emily receive in the flashback?
12. How does Emily prefer to introduce herself?
(a) By her family name.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a resident of Amherst.
(d) As a poet.
13. Which of the following is an accurate description of how Emily refers to her father's sister?
(a) The only male relative to become a female.
(b) The only female who can take on the male relatives.
(c) The only female relative who wished to become a male.
(d) The only male on the female side of the relatives.
14. Where does Emily welcome the audience?
(a) No where.
(b) Her sister's home.
(d) The squire's home.
15. What happened to all the girls who weren't hopeful?
(a) They were made to go to church.
(b) They were invited to a meeting room.
(c) They were given extra classes.
(d) They were expelled from the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Austin going to school have to do with Emily staying home?
2. What is unique about the cake?
3. To which of the following categories did Emily belong?
4. How old is Emily?
5. How did Austin and his father act when they were separate?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)