|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Emily tell a poem?
(a) When she can no longer stand to read it.
(b) When she has a physical reaction to it.
(c) When she has found the perfect words.
(d) When others understand it.
2. What is Emily's middle name?
3. From where did Emily get her middle name?
(a) From her father's best friend.
(b) From her mother.
(c) From her father's sister.
(d) From her mother's sister.
4. Why does Emily believe Henrietta is strolling outside of Emily's house?
(a) To catch a glimpse of Emily.
(b) To spy on Emily's father.
(c) To show off for the audience.
(d) To show off her new wardrobe.
5. What does Emily leave with the cakes she bakes for her neighbors?
(b) The recipes.
(c) Little notes.
(d) Pictures of herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Emily done that has stumped her neighbors?
2. What does Emily say that the residents of Amherst provide her?
3. What does Emily say that she must always do as a poet?
4. Where does Emily welcome the audience?
5. What title did Emily hope to be crowned when she would be 17?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)