|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Professor HIgginson say about Emily's poetry?
(a) Her meter is spasmodic and uncontrolled.
(b) Her poetry lacks depth and meaning.
(c) Her choice of topics is confusing and dated.
(d) Her writing is uninventive.
2. What does Emily deride herself for thinking?
(a) That she could leave her house.
(b) That she was a poet.
(c) That Professor Higginson liked her.
(d) That she would become famous.
3. In what year did Emily leave her father for the first time?
4. What does Emily say phosphorescence gives poetry?
(a) Its essence.
(b) Its unique nature.
(c) Its genius.
(d) Its life.
5. What is unique about the cake?
(a) It is not edible.
(b) It is a no bake recipe.
(c) It is from her own special recipe.
(d) It is shaped like a diamond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emily prefer to introduce herself?
2. What does this person waiting for Emily in the library want?
3. What does Emily comment about not understanding the excitement around?
4. What does Emily say that she must always do as a poet?
5. Where does Emily say Helen is now living?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)