|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the poem Emily relates after she talks about why people are afraid to let go?
(a) The birds in the garden.
(b) Her body's machinery.
(c) Death and the process of dying.
(d) The impact of nature.
2. What type of sermons does Emily enjoy?
(a) Those that deal with disbelief.
(b) Those that deal with fear.
(c) Those that deal with hope.
(d) Those that deal with humor.
3. What doesn't Emily understand about Vinnie?
(a) Her need to control Emily.
(b) Her self-righteousness.
(c) Her screaming.
(d) Her inability to think things through.
4. How does Emily characterize the relationship between Austin and their father?
5. What about Sue causes Emily to feel the way she does?
(a) Sue understands Emily's need to write.
(b) Sue shows her affection for their father.
(c) Sue loves Austin as Emily does.
(d) Sue is able to stand up for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Emily decide to stop attending church?
2. What does Emily try to explain to Vinnie about the man?
3. What is the name of the cake?
4. What did Gilbert do when he was six with a friend?
5. When the time shifts to the garden, who comes to the house Emily?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)