|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do George and Bunty get Ted and Sandra as a wedding gift?
2. Who saw Alice Barker leave with Jean-Paul Armand?
3. What do they have for lunch?
4. What have Kathleen and Ruby been in charge of at school?
5. What animal survives the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruby do for a living?
2. What does Ruby witness on Easter Sunday?
3. What prompts Ruby's decision to leave Gian-Carlo?
4. What happens at the Chinese restaurant?
5. Why does Tom laugh when his hand is blown off?
6. What does Bunty come into the shop with at the beginning of Chapter Ten?
7. What happens on Shrove Tuesday?
8. Why did the crew of D for Dog have a bad feeling about their final flight?
9. How does Pearl die?
10. How does the fight at the wedding begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kate Atkinson has said that this novel is about cupboards. How is that so?
Essay Topic 2
How does Atkinson use secrets to develop her story? What commentary is she making?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of two of these family heirlooms: the silver locket, the clock, the rabbit's foot, the photographs.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)