|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name Lillian adopts after the war?
2. Where does Ruby hide after taking the bottle of pills?
3. What is the subject of the book Ruby gets on their daytrip to Glencoe?
4. Which of Bunty's relatives does not come to the funeral?
5. What kind of dog is Dolores?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Lennox-Roper group do at the Bottomless Loch?
2. What memory of Lawrence's is revealed in Footnote (xii)?
3. How does Ruby find her mother when she returns to York in 1992?
4. How do Kathleen and Ruby spend the summer after finishing high school?
5. How does George die?
6. What is the basic tenet of Ruby's Lost Property Cupboard theory of the afterlife?
7. How does Pearl die?
8. What does Ruby witness on Easter Sunday?
9. Why does Tom laugh when his hand is blown off?
10. What happens at the Chinese restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the meaning of a "bottom drawer"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Akinson's use of footnotes in "Behind the Scenes at the Museum." How do they contribute to the story? Why do you think she chose to include this information in this way?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of two of these family heirlooms: the silver locket, the clock, the rabbit's foot, the photographs.
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)