|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patricia discover she is allergic to?
2. What do George and Bunty get Ted and Sandra as a wedding gift?
3. What does Patricia say she'd like to be, after Howard announces his intention to be an accountant?
4. What does Sandra's mother call Ted's family?
5. What does Ruby wrap in brown paper while her parents are out of the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the fight at the wedding begin?
2. What happens on Shrove Tuesday?
3. How does George die?
4. What is different about the birthday party Ruby has in Chapter Eight?
5. What do Ruby and Patricia find at the old Shop?
6. What does the Lennox-Roper group do at the Bottomless Loch?
7. How do Kathleen and Ruby spend the summer after finishing high school?
8. What is the reaction Patricia and Ruby have to seeing Gillian's headstone?
9. Describe Patricia's "new" life.
10. How does Ruby find her mother when she returns to York in 1992?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes in "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" is the loss of children. Using at least three examples, discuss how Atkinson develops this theme throughout the story and its impact on the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author's use of foreshadowing throughout this novel enhance or detract from the story? Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
In this novel, there are a lot of seeming coincidences. Choose three of these and discuss their importance to the story and why Atkinson chose to include them.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)