|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine always want to pretend to be in her games with Ruby?
2. What kind of dog is Dolores?
3. What historical figure does Ruby compare Bunty to?
4. What strange food did the girls eat at Uncle Tom's the day Pearl died?
5. With whom do the Lennoxes stay right after the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic tenet of Ruby's Lost Property Cupboard theory of the afterlife?
2. Describe Patricia as she is in 1964.
3. What does Ruby do for a living?
4. Why did the crew of D for Dog have a bad feeling about their final flight?
5. What do Ruby and Patricia find at the old Shop?
6. What does Ruby witness on Easter Sunday?
7. What memory of Lawrence's is revealed in Footnote (xii)?
8. What prompts Ruby's decision to leave Gian-Carlo?
9. How does Ruby discover she had a twin sister?
10. What does Bunty come into the shop with at the beginning of Chapter Ten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the concept of family, and its importance, portrayed in "Behind the Scenes at the Museum"? Please be specific.
Essay Topic 2
In this novel, there are a lot of seeming coincidences. Choose three of these and discuss their importance to the story and why Atkinson chose to include them.
Essay Topic 3
Kate Atkinson has said that this novel is about cupboards. How is that so?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)