|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Lennoxes and Ropers go on their holiday in 1964?
2. What is the name of Bunty's boyfriend?
3. Who screams during the boat ride in Oban Bay?
4. What animal survives the fire?
5. Who does Ruby believe is her mother's favorite child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the crew of D for Dog have a bad feeling about their final flight?
2. Why does Tom laugh when his hand is blown off?
3. What is Ruby's "reward" for her morning minding the pet Shop by herself?
4. What is the reaction Patricia and Ruby have to seeing Gillian's headstone?
5. What happens on Mothering Sunday?
6. How did Alice and Jean-Paul Armand get stuck in France longer than originally planned?
7. Why does Bunty abandon the ironing so suddenly the night of the fire?
8. What memory of Lawrence's is revealed in Footnote (xii)?
9. Why does Tom usually visit his sisters without his wife?
10. What happens to Rags during Chapter Nine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Atkinson use secrets to develop her story? What commentary is she making?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Akinson's use of footnotes in "Behind the Scenes at the Museum." How do they contribute to the story? Why do you think she chose to include this information in this way?
Essay Topic 3
The character of Ruby is one that grows and changes over the course of the novel. Discuss the development of her character and the importance it has on the story.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)