|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these people is not one of Ruby's cousins?
2. Why did the family take a taxi to the pantomime?
3. What relation is Alice Barker to Bunty?
4. Who is Ruby told has sent her message from beyond the grave not to worry?
5. What object does Nell find after the bombing and keep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Jack killed?
2. How does the narrator feel about the night nursery in the hospital?
3. Describe the movie Jack and Nell went to when he was home on leave.
4. Why is Bunty "torn" at the beginning of Chapter Three?
5. Describe Mrs. Carter.
6. What happens to Lawrence?
7. What kind of a man is Walter the butcher?
8. What "improvements" does Rachel make to the Barker family and home after she arrives to help out?
9. Who was Bunty's first choice to be her husband?
10. What does Ruby witness their last morning on holiday that she probably shouldn't have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the concept of family, and its importance, portrayed in "Behind the Scenes at the Museum"? Please be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Kate Atkinson has said that this novel is about cupboards. How is that so?
Essay Topic 3
How does Atkinson use secrets to develop her story? What commentary is she making?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)