|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these people did not find one of Alice's pink buttons?
2. What chore does George suggest Ruby can do that Bunty refuses to let her?
3. Who was Rachel?
4. Who is Sidney?
5. What are the female guests drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lawrence?
2. How is Bunty treated at Sunday School after missing the outing?
3. Why is Bunty "torn" at the beginning of Chapter Three?
4. What "improvements" does Rachel make to the Barker family and home after she arrives to help out?
5. What happens to Frederick Barker?
6. What kind of a man is Walter the butcher?
7. How does Bunty feel about working in the pet shop?
8. Where does Bunty find the photographic portrait of her grandmother?
9. What mystery surrounding Lillian is revealed at the end of Footnote (ii)?
10. Why has Ruby moved into Gillian's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters and discuss the effects that living through one (or both) of the World Wars has on him/her.
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning of a "bottom drawer"?
Essay Topic 3
How does grief play a role in shaping the characters in this novel? Please use at least three examples.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)