|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bunty holding as she gives birth?
2. What does Nell give Jack when he goes off to war?
3. What was Alice's occupation before her marriage?
4. Which of these is not one of the dogs Jack worked with?
5. Which of these is not a gift Ruby receives for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mystery surrounding Lillian is revealed at the end of Footnote (ii)?
2. What "improvements" does Rachel make to the Barker family and home after she arrives to help out?
3. What kind of church does Auntie Babs attend?
4. What causes Nell to faint in Footnote (ii)?
5. What happens to Gillian after the pantomime?
6. How do the girls spend the first day of Bunty's disappearance?
7. How are the babies fed?
8. What kind of man was Frederick Barker?
9. How does Auntie Doreen win Patricia over?
10. What visitors does Bunty receive while in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does grief play a role in shaping the characters in this novel? Please use at least three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ruby's Lost Property Cupboard theory of the afterlife.
Essay Topic 3
How does the phrase "Your sister says not to worry" recur throughout the novel and what is its significance?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)