|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nell's job after the war begins?
2. What story does one of the outing leaders tell, casting the children in it?
3. Why was Frank in the hospital after the second Battle of Ypres?
4. What does it look like Nell is baking when Bunty gets home?
5. With what does Frank kill the insect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "improvements" does Rachel make to the Barker family and home after she arrives to help out?
2. Why does Ruby resolve to learn to read while at Auntie Babs'?
3. What happens to Gillian after the pantomime?
4. What made Nell cry on her honeymoon?
5. What happens to Frank?
6. What kind of man was Frederick Barker?
7. What happens to Ruby in the back yard during the party?
8. Where does Bunty find the photographic portrait of her grandmother?
9. Who was Bunty's first choice to be her husband?
10. Why does it take some time for Ruby's family to realize Bunty is missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author's use of foreshadowing throughout this novel enhance or detract from the story? Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Choose at least two of the main conflicts of "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" and discuss their development through the novel. Which characters are involved? How are they resolved? What commentary is Atkinson making through them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Akinson's use of footnotes in "Behind the Scenes at the Museum." How do they contribute to the story? Why do you think she chose to include this information in this way?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)