|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby find in her mother's bedside table?
2. Which of these people is not one of Ruby's cousins?
3. Who puts the children to bed the night after the Coronation?
4. What has been accidentally left out in the yard overnight?
5. What was the occupation of Nell's first fiance, Percy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bunty "torn" at the beginning of Chapter Three?
2. What story do they tell Bunty when they get home?
3. What happens to Ruby in the back yard during the party?
4. What causes Nell to faint in Footnote (ii)?
5. How was Jack killed?
6. What happens to Frank?
7. What made Nell cry on her honeymoon?
8. What does Ruby witness their last morning on holiday that she probably shouldn't have?
9. Who was Bunty's first choice to be her husband?
10. How does the narrator feel about the night nursery in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author's use of foreshadowing throughout this novel enhance or detract from the story? Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two characters and discuss the effects that living through one (or both) of the World Wars has on him/her.
Essay Topic 3
How is the concept of family, and its importance, portrayed in "Behind the Scenes at the Museum"? Please be specific.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)