|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christine need an ambulance?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A severe burn.
(c) A deep cut.
2. What is Bunty's boyfriend's occupation?
(a) Plumbing supplies.
(d) Hotel manager.
3. Who dies at the end of 1963?
(a) Aunie Mabel.
(b) Auntie Betty.
(c) Auntie Babs.
(d) Uncle Tom.
4. What was Jean-Paul Armand imprisoned for?
(a) Driving without a license.
(b) Attempted murder.
5. Where does George take his family in August, 1963?
(a) To see Stonehenge.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) For high tea at Harrod's.
(d) The zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not go see a film with Ruby in the summer of 1963?
2. What is the subject of the book Ruby gets on their daytrip to Glencoe?
3. What does Patricia say she'd like to be, after Howard announces his intention to be an accountant?
4. Where is Ruby planning to go to university?
5. What does Christine always want to pretend to be in her games with Ruby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Shrove Tuesday?
2. Why did the crew of D for Dog have a bad feeling about their final flight?
3. What does the Lennox-Roper group do at the Bottomless Loch?
4. Why does Bunty abandon the ironing so suddenly the night of the fire?
5. How does George die?
6. How does Pearl die?
7. What happens on Mothering Sunday?
8. What happens to Rags during Chapter Nine?
9. How does the fight at the wedding begin?
10. What is different about the birthday party Ruby has in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)