|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Lennoxes and Ropers go on their holiday in 1964?
2. What are Patricia's last words to Ruby about?
(d) Auntie Doreen.
3. Which of Bunty's relatives does not come to the funeral?
(a) Uncle Clifford.
(b) Uncle Ted.
4. For what do Bunty and Ruby spend several days shopping?
(a) New curtains.
(b) Patricia's birthday present.
(c) A party dress.
(d) School uniforms.
5. What is the last name Lillian adopts after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alice die?
2. What job do Ruby and Kathleen have during the summer after high school?
3. What business does George open when the Shop is remodeled?
4. What part of Edmund is wounded?
5. Which of these foods is not part of the Scottish holiday breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruby find her mother when she returns to York in 1992?
2. How do Kathleen and Ruby spend the summer after finishing high school?
3. What is the reaction Patricia and Ruby have to seeing Gillian's headstone?
4. What does Bunty come into the shop with at the beginning of Chapter Ten?
5. How did Alice and Jean-Paul Armand get stuck in France longer than originally planned?
6. What prompts Ruby's decision to leave Gian-Carlo?
7. What is Ruby's "reward" for her morning minding the pet Shop by herself?
8. What does Ruby witness on Easter Sunday?
9. Why did the crew of D for Dog have a bad feeling about their final flight?
10. What is different about the birthday party Ruby has in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)