|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily bring back from the fair for Nell?
(c) A paper hat.
(d) A balloon.
2. Where has Patricia settled?
(b) New York.
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) New Zealand.
3. What does Patricia discover she is allergic to?
4. What is the name of the nursing home Bunty enters?
(b) Leisure World.
(d) Forest Grove.
5. What kind of dog is Dolores?
(a) Scottish terrier.
(b) Cocker spaniel.
(c) Great Dane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business does George open when the Shop is remodeled?
2. What is the subject of the book Ruby gets on their daytrip to Glencoe?
3. How does Pearl die?
4. What animal survives the fire?
5. Why do Ruby's knees begin to hurt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Patricia as she is in 1964.
2. What does Ruby do for a living?
3. How do Kathleen and Ruby spend the summer after finishing high school?
4. What does Ruby witness on Easter Sunday?
5. Why does Tom usually visit his sisters without his wife?
6. How does Pearl die?
7. How did Alice and Jean-Paul Armand get stuck in France longer than originally planned?
8. What happens on Mothering Sunday?
9. What happens at the Chinese restaurant?
10. What memory of Lawrence's is revealed in Footnote (xii)?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)