|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ruby find her mother during the reception?
(a) Watching television in the lounge.
(b) In the ladies' room.
(c) Behind the building on the steps.
(d) On the dance floor.
2. What do they have for lunch?
(a) Tomato soup.
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Steak and kidney pie.
(d) Grilled chicken sandwiches.
3. Who screams during the boat ride in Oban Bay?
(b) Mrs. Roper.
4. With whom do the Lennoxes stay right after the fire?
(a) Uncle Clifford and Auntie Gladys.
(b) Uncle Bill and Auntie Eliza.
(c) Uncle Sidney and Auntie Babs.
(d) Uncle Tom and Auntie Mabel.
5. Where do Kathleen and Ruby spend the summer after high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Bunty think Jesus would be?
2. Who has recently divorced his/her spouse?
3. What does Lucy-Vida confess to Ruby?
4. What is the subject of the book Ruby gets on their daytrip to Glencoe?
5. What relative has died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Mothering Sunday?
2. What is the reaction Patricia and Ruby have to seeing Gillian's headstone?
3. What is different about the birthday party Ruby has in Chapter Eight?
4. What memory of Lawrence's is revealed in Footnote (xii)?
5. What does Ruby witness on Easter Sunday?
6. What is Ruby's "reward" for her morning minding the pet Shop by herself?
7. Why did the crew of D for Dog have a bad feeling about their final flight?
8. How did Alice and Jean-Paul Armand get stuck in France longer than originally planned?
9. What does the Lennox-Roper group do at the Bottomless Loch?
10. What is the basic tenet of Ruby's Lost Property Cupboard theory of the afterlife?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)