|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jean-Paul Armand imprisoned for?
(c) Attempted murder.
(d) Driving without a license.
2. How is the Shop heated?
(a) Paraffin heaters.
(b) Oil heat.
(c) Coal stoves.
(d) Wood fires.
3. How did Alice die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) In a bombing raid.
(c) In a car accident.
4. What does Sandra's mother call Ted's family?
(c) Social climbers.
(d) White trash.
5. For whom does Ruby hold a plate of food at the wedding reception?
(c) Auntie Eliza.
(d) Uncle Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ensemble that Bunty buys for Ted and Sandra's wedding?
2. Where do the Lennoxes and Ropers go on their holiday in 1964?
3. What does Lily bring back from the fair for Nell?
4. What is the name of the nursing home Bunty enters?
5. Who screams during the boat ride in Oban Bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Patricia's "new" life.
2. How does Ruby discover she had a twin sister?
3. How does Pearl die?
4. Describe Patricia as she is in 1964.
5. What is the reaction Patricia and Ruby have to seeing Gillian's headstone?
6. What is the basic tenet of Ruby's Lost Property Cupboard theory of the afterlife?
7. What happens on Shrove Tuesday?
8. What does Bunty come into the shop with at the beginning of Chapter Ten?
9. How does George die?
10. What does Ruby do for a living?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)