|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces an engagement at Easter 1963?
(a) Cousin Adrian.
(c) Uncle Ted.
2. What kind of dog is Dolores?
(b) Cocker spaniel.
(c) Great Dane.
(d) Scottish terrier.
3. Why do Ruby's knees begin to hurt?
(a) She has been forced to scrub the kitchen floor.
(b) She fell off her bike.
(c) She has been praying so much.
(d) She has been playing too much jumprope.
4. Who does Ruby believe is her mother's favorite child?
5. Who wakes Ruby the night of the fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal survives the fire?
2. How did Alice die?
3. How is the Shop heated?
4. What usually hangs from the Perspex canopy in D for Dog that is forgotten on the flight detailed in Footnote (xiv)?
5. Who has been staying with Bunty while Ruby makes her way home in Chapter Thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Mothering Sunday?
2. Describe Patricia's "new" life.
3. How do Kathleen and Ruby spend the summer after finishing high school?
4. What does Ruby witness on Easter Sunday?
5. Describe Patricia as she is in 1964.
6. Why did the crew of D for Dog have a bad feeling about their final flight?
7. What happens to Rags during Chapter Nine?
8. What does Bunty come into the shop with at the beginning of Chapter Ten?
9. Why does Tom laugh when his hand is blown off?
10. How did Alice and Jean-Paul Armand get stuck in France longer than originally planned?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)