|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Frank kill the insect?
(a) His slipper.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) His handkerchief.
(d) His hand.
2. Which of these is not a name for the baby suggested by Bunty's sister, Babs?
3. What does the factory produce where Bunty works during the war?
(b) Gun sights.
4. Why did the family take a taxi to the pantomime?
(a) George wasn't sure how to get there.
(b) Gas rationing.
(c) As a special treat.
(d) The car had a flat tire.
5. Which of Nell's children takes her away on holiday in Footnote (v)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nell muttering to herself when Bunty gets home?
2. To what church does Ruby get taken to?
3. Who once gave Nell a lace-covered Valentine's Day card?
4. What kind of flowers were on the Barkers' best tea service?
5. What goes missing on the same day as Bunty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mystery surrounding Lillian is revealed at the end of Footnote (ii)?
2. What kind of church does Auntie Babs attend?
3. What happens to Frederick Barker?
4. How does Auntie Doreen win Patricia over?
5. How does the narrator feel about the night nursery in the hospital?
6. Why does Nell keep the children from leaving for the train station?
7. Describe Mrs. Carter.
8. What "improvements" does Rachel make to the Barker family and home after she arrives to help out?
9. What kind of man was Frederick Barker?
10. What happens to Frank?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)