|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gillian while Ruby is in the kitchen?
(a) At school.
(b) At a piano lesson.
(c) On her bed upstairs.
(d) At a friend's house.
2. What book do the girls play they are in?
(a) "Black Beauty."
(b) "Little Women."
(c) "Tales of a Thousand and One Nights."
(d) "Little House on the Prairie."
3. What possession of the twins' does Gillian want desperately?
(a) Their china dolls.
(b) Their bicycle.
(c) Their patent-leather shoes.
(d) Their dollhouse.
4. How is Ruby told to tell the twins Daisy and Rose apart?
(a) Daisy has a scar on her hand.
(b) Rose has a freckle on her chin.
(c) Rose is left-handed.
(d) Daisy has a birthmark on her elbow.
5. What kills Frederick Barker?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Mobo"?
2. What does Nell discover making noise in her honeymoon hotel room one night?
3. To what does Nell compare Jack's cheekbones?
4. How many children does Alice give birth to?
5. What chore is Alice doing in Footnote (i)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Gillian after the pantomime?
2. How does the narrator feel about the night nursery in the hospital?
3. What mystery surrounding Lillian is revealed at the end of Footnote (ii)?
4. What happens to Frederick Barker?
5. Why is Bunty "torn" at the beginning of Chapter Three?
6. What happens to Lawrence?
7. How does Auntie Doreen win Patricia over?
8. What kind of man was Frederick Barker?
9. Why does Ruby resolve to learn to read while at Auntie Babs'?
10. What does Ruby witness their last morning on holiday that she probably shouldn't have?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)