|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alice's oldest child?
2. Who is accused of dawdling at the table?
3. Which of these is not a game Mrs. Reeves has planned for the beach outing?
(b) Team rounders.
(c) Three-legged races.
(d) Beach cricket.
4. What chore is Rachel doing at the beginning of Footnote (iv)?
(a) Washing the dishes.
(b) Hanging the laundry out to dry.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Changing the beds.
5. What story does one of the outing leaders tell, casting the children in it?
(a) "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe."
(b) "Robin Hood."
(c) "Alice in Wonderland."
(d) "Peter Pan."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alice's occupation before her marriage?
2. With what relative does Ruby find she is staying in Chapter Four?
3. What alternate caretaker does Ruby wish for?
4. Where is Auntie Doreen from?
5. Who puts the children to bed the night after the Coronation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lawrence?
2. What does Ruby witness their last morning on holiday that she probably shouldn't have?
3. Where does Bunty find the photographic portrait of her grandmother?
4. Why does Nell keep the children from leaving for the train station?
5. What happens to Frank?
6. What visitors does Bunty receive while in the hospital?
7. What mystery surrounding Lillian is revealed at the end of Footnote (ii)?
8. What happens to Gillian after the pantomime?
9. What story do they tell Bunty when they get home?
10. What happens to Ruby in the back yard during the party?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)