|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gillian swallow at her grandmother's?
(a) A coin.
(b) A pink button.
(c) An earring.
(d) A marble.
2. With what relative does Ruby find she is staying in Chapter Four?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Auntie Eliza.
(d) Auntie Babs.
3. Who does George tell Bunty was with the girls on holiday?
(a) Auntie Gladys.
(c) Auntie Babs.
(d) Auntie Doreen.
4. Who narrates the Coronation from a book?
5. Which of these is not a gift Ruby receives for Christmas?
(a) A chocolate orange.
(b) Roller skates.
(c) Pretend jewelry.
(d) A dollhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a game Mrs. Reeves has planned for the beach outing?
2. What kind of store does the narrator's family own?
3. Who comes to take Ruby home?
4. What does Nell discover making noise in her honeymoon hotel room one night?
5. Which Coronation guest is George's sibling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruby witness their last morning on holiday that she probably shouldn't have?
2. Describe the movie Jack and Nell went to when he was home on leave.
3. Why does Nell keep the children from leaving for the train station?
4. Who was Bunty's first choice to be her husband?
5. Why does Ruby resolve to learn to read while at Auntie Babs'?
6. How do the girls spend the first day of Bunty's disappearance?
7. What kind of church does Auntie Babs attend?
8. Describe Mrs. Carter.
9. How does Bunty feel about working in the pet shop?
10. What happens to Gillian after the pantomime?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)