|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous fictional character does Bunty like to pretend she is?
(a) Alice, from "Alice in Wonderland."
(b) Glinda, the Good Witch from "The Wizard of Oz."
(c) Juliet Capulet, from "Romeo and Juliet."
(d) Scarlett O'Hara from "Gone with the Wind."
2. Who once gave Nell a lace-covered Valentine's Day card?
(a) Frank Cook.
(b) Percy Sievewright.
(c) Jack Keech.
(d) Malcolm Innes-Ward.
3. Why was Frank in the hospital after the second Battle of Ypres?
(a) Septic foot.
(b) He'd been shot.
4. Who comes to take Ruby home?
(b) Auntie Gladys.
(d) Auntie Babs.
5. What was the occupation of Nell's first fiance, Percy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel name her baby?
2. How many children does Alice give birth to?
3. What book do the girls play they are in?
4. Who does Nell remember catching a bumble bee and letting it go?
5. What does Bunty bake after their errands in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bunty feel about working in the pet shop?
2. Why does it take some time for Ruby's family to realize Bunty is missing?
3. What happens to Frederick Barker?
4. Why is Bunty "torn" at the beginning of Chapter Three?
5. What kind of man was Frederick Barker?
6. What kind of church does Auntie Babs attend?
7. What does Ruby witness their last morning on holiday that she probably shouldn't have?
8. Why has Ruby moved into Gillian's room?
9. How was Jack killed?
10. What visitors does Bunty receive while in the hospital?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)