|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kathleen planning to do after high school?
(a) Serve as an au pair in America for a year.
(b) Get married and stay home to raise babies.
(c) Join the Civil Service.
(d) Go to university with Ruby.
2. Where does Ruby hide after taking the bottle of pills?
(a) The airing cupboard.
(b) The bathtub.
(c) Her bed.
(d) Her mother's closet.
3. What does Albert mention in his postcard that amuses Tom?
(a) The wildlife.
(b) The weather.
(c) The beautiful architecture of France.
(d) The food.
4. Who has been staying with Bunty while Ruby makes her way home in Chapter Thirteen?
(b) Daisy and Rose.
(c) Auntie Gladys.
5. Why do Ruby's knees begin to hurt?
(a) She has been praying so much.
(b) She has been playing too much jumprope.
(c) She has been forced to scrub the kitchen floor.
(d) She fell off her bike.
6. How did Alice die?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) In a bombing raid.
(d) In a car accident.
7. What is Patricia's husband's occupation?
8. Which of these foods is not part of the Scottish holiday breakfast?
(d) Baked beans.
9. For whom does Ruby hold a plate of food at the wedding reception?
(a) Uncle Bill.
(d) Auntie Eliza.
10. What does Patricia tell Ruby to tell George is wrong with her?
(a) A toothache.
(b) She has her period.
(c) A headache.
(d) A fever.
11. Where are Ruby and Kathleen filling time after their A-Level exams at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
(a) The movies.
(b) The beach.
(c) The Castle Museum.
(d) In a cafe, watching rugby on television.
12. Where do the Lennoxes and Ropers go on their holiday in 1964?
13. Where is Ruby planning to go to university?
14. Which of these is not part of the picnic lunches packed for them at the farmhouse?
(a) Mint Yo-Yos.
(b) Shepherd's Pie.
15. Where does Ruby find her mother during the reception?
(a) Behind the building on the steps.
(b) On the dance floor.
(c) Watching television in the lounge.
(d) In the ladies' room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Shop heated?
2. Who saw Alice Barker leave with Jean-Paul Armand?
3. What religion did Alice convert to during World War I after a vision?
4. How does Pearl die?
5. What did Ruby take from her mother's closet?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)