|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flowers do Patricia and Ruby leave for Pearl?
(a) Pink roses.
(c) Yellow tulips.
(d) White lilies.
2. What nationality is the male owner of the farmhouse where the Lennoxes and Ropers stay?
3. What did Ruby take from her mother's closet?
(a) The silver locket.
(b) Patricia's panda bear.
(c) Pearl's birth certificate.
(d) The old rabbit's foot.
4. What does Patricia say she'd like to be, after Howard announces his intention to be an accountant?
(a) A music promoter.
(b) A mother.
(c) A teacher.
5. Which of these is not part of the picnic lunches packed for them at the farmhouse?
(c) Shepherd's Pie.
(d) Mint Yo-Yos.
6. What does Lucy-Vida confess to Ruby?
(a) She misses Auntie Babs.
(b) She snuck a glass of champagne.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She stole the dress she's wearing.
7. Who saw Alice Barker leave with Jean-Paul Armand?
8. What kind of dog is Dolores?
(a) Cocker spaniel.
(b) Great Dane.
(d) Scottish terrier.
9. Who screams during the boat ride in Oban Bay?
(a) Mrs. Roper.
10. What relative has died?
(a) Uncle Ted.
(b) Uncle Bill.
(d) Auntie Eliza.
11. Who has recently divorced his/her spouse?
(a) Auntie Gladys.
(d) Uncle Ted.
12. Where are Ruby and Kathleen filling time after their A-Level exams at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
(a) The Castle Museum.
(b) In a cafe, watching rugby on television.
(c) The movies.
(d) The beach.
13. Who does not go see a film with Ruby in the summer of 1963?
14. Which of Bunty's relatives does not come to the funeral?
(b) Uncle Clifford.
(d) Uncle Ted.
15. Where has Patricia settled?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) New York.
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What apprenticeship has Adrian started in the spring of 1963?
2. What have Kathleen and Ruby been in charge of at school?
3. What kind of business do Ruby and Gian-Carlo run?
4. What is Kathleen planning to do after high school?
5. On what does Ruby write the essay for her Eleven Plus exam?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)