|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the book Ruby gets on their daytrip to Glencoe?
(b) Medieval castles.
(d) Rob Roy.
2. What kind of flowers do Patricia and Ruby leave for Pearl?
(b) White lilies.
(c) Pink roses.
(d) Yellow tulips.
3. With whom do the Lennoxes stay right after the fire?
(a) Uncle Sidney and Auntie Babs.
(b) Uncle Bill and Auntie Eliza.
(c) Uncle Clifford and Auntie Gladys.
(d) Uncle Tom and Auntie Mabel.
4. What job do Ruby and Kathleen have during the summer after high school?
(a) Tour guides.
(c) Hotel chambermaids.
5. Where do the Lennoxes and Ropers go on their holiday in 1964?
6. How many children do Ruby and Gian-Carlo have?
7. What is Sister Blake's real name?
8. How does Pearl die?
(a) She is hit by a car.
(d) She falls from a window.
9. What is on the calendar Auntie Gladys gave to Ruby for Christmas?
(a) Scenes from "Ye Olde England."
(b) Beach scenes.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Pictures of kittens and puppies.
10. For what do Bunty and Ruby spend several days shopping?
(a) School uniforms.
(b) A party dress.
(c) Patricia's birthday present.
(d) New curtains.
11. What startling sight does Ruby see out the car window as they leave the Scottish farmhouse?
(a) Gillian's ghost.
(b) A bear.
(c) A huge stag.
(d) A bagpiper.
12. Where has Patricia settled?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) New York.
(c) Hong Kong.
13. What obstacle presents itself on the roads in Scotland?
14. What does Adrian do for a living?
(a) Is a travel agent.
(b) Owns a restaurant.
(c) Owns a hair salon.
(d) Is a buyer for Harrod's.
15. Why do Ruby's knees begin to hurt?
(a) She has been praying so much.
(b) She fell off her bike.
(c) She has been playing too much jumprope.
(d) She has been forced to scrub the kitchen floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historical figure does Ruby compare Bunty to?
2. Which color does Ruby say is "the color of memory"?
3. Where are Ruby and Kathleen filling time after their A-Level exams at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
4. Who dies at the end of 1963?
5. What relative has died?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)