|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Ruby have with her?
(a) "Puppies and Kittens."
(b) "If I Ran the Zoo."
(c) "Goodnight Moon."
(d) "Make Way for Ducklings."
2. Who puts the children to bed the night after the Coronation?
3. Which of Nell's children takes her away on holiday in Footnote (v)?
4. What does the factory produce where Bunty works during the war?
(d) Gun sights.
5. What kills Ada?
(b) A seizure.
(c) Scarlet fever.
6. With whom are Bunty and George staying after Gillian's death?
(a) Uncle Sidney and Auntie Babs.
(b) Uncle Tom and Auntie Mabel.
(c) Uncle Bill and Auntie Eliza.
(d) Uncle Clifford and Auntie Gladys.
7. Who is Walter?
(a) The postman.
(b) The plumber.
(c) The milkman.
(d) The butcher.
8. Who is killed during the Great Air Raid?
(a) Babs' in-laws.
(b) Mrs. Havis.
(c) Bunty's friend Vi.
(d) Ena Tetley.
9. What chore does George suggest Ruby can do that Bunty refuses to let her?
(a) Grating nutmeg.
(b) Peeling potatoes.
(c) Making tea.
(d) Setting the table.
10. Which of these is not found in George's bedside table?
(a) Loose change.
(b) A note from Bunty.
(c) A packet of Durex.
(d) Chewing gum.
11. What has been accidentally left out in the yard overnight?
(a) Ruby's teddy bear.
(b) The family dog.
(c) Gillian's doll.
(d) Patricia's panda bear.
12. With what relative does Ruby find she is staying in Chapter Four?
(a) Auntie Eliza.
(c) Auntie Babs.
(d) Uncle Tom.
13. What is Nell baking hastily for the Sunday School outing?
14. What disease do all of the children get the winter Rachel's baby is born?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Whooping cough.
(d) Scarlet fever.
15. What does Bunty give the family for pudding on Christmas Eve?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Canned peaches.
(c) Vanilla ice cream.
(d) Pound cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to take Ruby home?
2. To what does Nell compare Jack's cheekbones?
3. What does it look like Nell is baking when Bunty gets home?
4. Which of these is not a gift Ruby receives for Christmas?
5. Who was Rachel?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)