|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore is Alice doing in Footnote (i)?
(a) Sweeping the floor.
(b) Baking bread.
(c) Hanging laundry outside to dry.
(d) Mending socks.
2. At which family member does the baby smile in Chapter Two?
3. How many children does Alice give birth to?
4. What does it look like Nell is baking when Bunty gets home?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Sugar cookies.
(c) Pound cake.
5. Who narrates the Coronation from a book?
6. Which of these is not found in George's bedside table?
(a) Loose change.
(b) A packet of Durex.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) A note from Bunty.
7. What does Rachel name her baby?
8. Which female guest at the event is considered "common" by the others?
(a) Mrs. Havis.
9. What does the narrator's mother make for breakfast the morning after her conception?
(d) Scrambled eggs.
10. Which of Alice's children secretly took the photograph of their mother from the pile on the table?
11. What is Bunty holding as she gives birth?
(a) A rabbit's foot.
(b) Her husband's hand.
(c) A lucky penny.
(d) A rosary.
12. To what does Nell compare Jack's cheekbones?
(a) Razor clams.
13. Who sews up Teddy for Ruby when she gets home?
14. What book do the girls play they are in?
(a) "Black Beauty."
(b) "Tales of a Thousand and One Nights."
(c) "Little Women."
(d) "Little House on the Prairie."
15. Who is killed during the Great Air Raid?
(a) Ena Tetley.
(b) Bunty's friend Vi.
(c) Mrs. Havis.
(d) Babs' in-laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunty bake after their errands in Chapter One?
2. What does Ruby find in her mother's bedside table?
3. What kind of store does the narrator's family own?
4. Which of Nell's children takes her away on holiday in Footnote (v)?
5. What goes missing on the same day as Bunty?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)