|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what book does Patricia negatively compare having Auntie Doreen join their holiday?
(a) "Tales of a Thousand and One Nights."
(b) "Little House on the Prairie."
(c) "Black Beauty."
(d) "Little Women."
2. To what does Nell compare Jack's cheekbones?
(d) Razor clams.
3. What are the female guests drinking?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(d) White wine.
4. Who takes a long time to come to tea on Christmas Eve?
5. Who is Ruby told has sent her message from beyond the grave not to worry?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
6. What disease do all of the children get the winter Rachel's baby is born?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Whooping cough.
(d) Scarlet fever.
7. Which of Alice's children secretly took the photograph of their mother from the pile on the table?
8. Which of these is not a game Mrs. Reeves has planned for the beach outing?
(a) Beach cricket.
(b) Team rounders.
(c) Three-legged races.
9. What relation is Alice Barker to Bunty?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her great-grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sister.
10. What is the narrator's mother's given name?
11. What does Bunty give the family for pudding on Christmas Eve?
(a) Canned peaches.
(b) Vanilla ice cream.
(c) Rice pudding.
(d) Pound cake.
12. What has been accidentally left out in the yard overnight?
(a) Gillian's doll.
(b) The family dog.
(c) Ruby's teddy bear.
(d) Patricia's panda bear.
13. What does Gillian swallow at her grandmother's?
(a) A marble.
(b) An earring.
(c) A coin.
(d) A pink button.
14. Where does Betty move after the war?
15. How many sisters does the narrator have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surprises the Cooks with a visit?
2. What does Bunty bake after their errands in Chapter One?
3. What was Nell's occupation before the war?
4. How many children does Alice give birth to?
5. What chore does George suggest Ruby can do that Bunty refuses to let her?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)