Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
2. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
3. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
4. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
5. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
Discuss the following:
1. How do you define loyalty? Is the ability and desire to be loyal an admirable trait in humans? Why or why not? What are the advantages and disadvantages of being loyal to a person? A cause? A country? An idea? What do you think about blind loyalty; that is, what to do think of those who are loyal to something no matter what they learn about that person, thing, ideal, country, etc.
2. Discuss and analyze why you think Mr. Washburn remains loyal to Anita's family. Is it warranted? Wise? Earned? What other instances of loyalty occur in "Before We Were Free"? Is El Jefe's son's loyalty to his father admirable?
3. What other admirable traits besides loyalty are depicted in "Before We Were Free"? Discuss fully two of those traits with specific examples.
"Before We Were Free" belongs to the young-adult-novel genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give examples of three other genres in addition to the young-adult-novel genre.
2. Discuss two reasons that it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons that it might be disadvantageous to do so.
3. What do you think is the difference between a young-adult novel and a historical mystery novel ?
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in "Before We Were Free?" How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in "Before We Were Free," including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from "Before We Were Free" and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)