|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
(a) He is in the fields supervising.
(b) He is packing to go back to the States.
(c) He is in bed with a hangover.
(d) He is with his father in the city.
2. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
(a) Take her for a drive.
(b) Help her with her science project.
(c) Take her for ice cream.
(d) Help her with her math homework.
3. Who comes to see Anita and Mami?
4. Why are the adults remonstrating themselves?
(a) Because they had declined to go to the United States when it was possible.
(b) Because they had become so careless.
(c) Because had given in to the idea of a celebration.
(d) BecauseTio Tony is not the only man wanted now.
5. What word do they receive on Mundin?
(a) He is being sent out of the country.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is in Colombia.
(d) He has been arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
2. What is Pupo supposed to do?
3. What do Lucinda's family members and Susie tell Lucinda?
4. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
5. Who does Anita think about when her brother asks about his girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
2. What does Anita write about their rescue from the compound?
3. Who does Anita see out the bathroom window and what does she think?
4. What does Papi say he wants for his children?
5. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
6. What does Anita overhear her father and other men talking about concerning Trujillo, and what does Anita's mother say to the men?
7. What happens the night before Lucinda leaves?
8. What does Anita know about why Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
9. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
10. What arrives for Lucinda the day after the party, and how does Lucinda feel?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)