|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They have lodged a protest.
(b) They have to go back to the States.
(c) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(d) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
2. What does someone in a limousine bring?
(b) A gift-wrapped package.
(c) An invitation.
(d) A summons.
3. Under what guise will Lucinda travel?
(a) A maid.
(b) A college student.
(c) A scholar.
(d) An adopted daughter.
4. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
(d) On her way back to her country.
5. What does Anita's mother do after talking to Mr. Washburn?
(a) Writes to her parents.
(b) Tries to decide about returning to her home.
(c) Welcomes Mr. Washburn's girls to stay when they want.
(d) Enrolls her children in Catholic school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
2. What is Pupo supposed to do?
3. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
4. Who is Pupo?
5. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
2. What does Papi say he wants for his children?
3. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
4. Why can't Anita stay with Lucinda until Lucinda leaves?
5. How does Mrs. Mancini's distrust of people turn out to be fortuitous?
6. What does Anita know about why Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
7. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
8. What happens when Mr. Washburn is driving in traffic?
9. Who are arrested in town and why?
10. How do Anita and Mami communicate with Mundo?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)