|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what guise will Lucinda travel?
(a) A maid.
(b) An adopted daughter.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A college student.
2. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Displays them.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Uses them to scare off the superstitious maid.
3. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
(a) The Italian government.
(b) Paratroopers in a helicopter.
(c) The British intelligence.
(d) Some local militia.
4. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(b) They have to go back to the States.
(c) They have lodged a protest.
(d) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
5. Who do the adults think has to be protected?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children now go for school lessons?
2. Where do they find El Jefe's body?
3. What is revealed in Mr. Washburn's car when the accident occurs?
4. Who does Anita see when she looks out the the bathroom window one day?
5. What do the grandparents call Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita know about why Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
2. What does Anita do when she discovers she has begun her first period?
3. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
4. What does Anita learn about Chucha?
5. What does Anita know about a pill and what does she think about it?
6. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
7. Who are arrested in town and why?
8. What does Anita decide about men and why?
9. What does Anita write about their rescue from the compound?
10. How does Mrs. Mancini's distrust of people turn out to be fortuitous?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)