|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chucha do for Anita?
(a) Stuffs her belongings in a laundry bag.
(b) Teaches Anita how to feel unafraid.
(c) Gives her a family heirloom.
(d) Teaches Anita how to understand her dreams.
2. Who is/are arrested?
(a) No one.
(b) Papi and Tio Tony.
(c) Just Tio Tony.
(d) Papi, Tio Tony and Mundin.
3. What does the teacher tell the students at school?
(a) That El Jefe is visiting that day.
(b) That the students must wear badges with El Jefe's picture on them.
(c) That the school will not be closing as the rumors suggest.
(d) That the school is closing down temporarily.
4. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He is consulting with a construction company there.
(b) He has broght Mundo to his family.
(c) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
(d) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
5. For what does Anita check her uncle and father's pockets?
(a) Letters from Lucinda.
(b) The pills she knows about.
(c) Change to buy a soda.
(d) Evidence that they are part of the rebel forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
2. Who shoots the family dogs?
3. What does Anita's mother do after talking to Mr. Washburn?
4. What does Anita's father tell her he wants for his children?
5. What does Anita realize the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita do when she discovers she has begun her first period?
2. What does Anita discover when she goes into Lucinda's room, and what is Anita's reaction?
3. How do Anita and Mami communicate with Mundo?
4. What does Anita learn about Chucha?
5. What happens the night before Lucinda leaves?
6. What does the teacher tell the students in school the day Lucinda is leaving and how does Anita react?
7. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
8. What does Anita overhear her father and other men talking about concerning Trujillo, and what does Anita's mother say to the men?
9. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
10. What do Anita's diary entries for June 3, and June 5, 1961, say?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)