|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita decide about men?
(a) That men should not rule the country; women would do better.
(b) That men are bad.
(c) That men do not understand why woman fear men sometimes.
(d) That she does not like men anymore.
2. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
(a) In dark garb.
(b) In colors of the movement.
(c) Like soldiers.
(d) Like religious personages.
3. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
(a) Uses them to scare off the superstitious maid.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Displays them.
4. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
(a) Anita is afraid of El Jefe.
(b) Anita wants to be with Lucinda until she leaves.
(c) Oscar is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(d) Sam is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
5. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He has broght Mundo to his family.
(b) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
(c) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
(d) He is consulting with a construction company there.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Anita want to hide the discovery that is discusses in question 113?
2. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
3. What has the government instituted to control people's movements?
4. What grade is Anita placed in at school in New York?
5. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
2. What does Anita decide about men and why?
3. What does Anita discover when she goes into Lucinda's room, and what is Anita's reaction?
4. What are Mami and Anita waiting for and how has Pupo failed the rebels?
5. What arrives for Lucinda the day after the party, and how does Lucinda feel?
6. What does Anita learn about Chucha?
7. Who does Anita see out the bathroom window and what does she think?
8. Why can't Anita stay with Lucinda until Lucinda leaves?
9. What message from Chucha does Tia Mari give Anita ?
10. What does Papi and the Washburns decide to do about Lucinda?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)