|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the adults think has to be protected?
2. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
(a) The Italian government.
(b) Paratroopers in a helicopter.
(c) Some local militia.
(d) The British intelligence.
3. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
(a) Her Papi is perhaps to be released soon.
(b) Oscar's family has moved back to Italy.
(c) No mail is getting through to her country.
(d) Oscar has moved out of the country, but no one knows where.
4. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(d) Be good.
5. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
(a) She cries all the time.
(b) She is warm and friendly.
(c) She never talks.
(d) She does not trust people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
2. Who is/are arrested?
3. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
4. Who does Anita see when she looks out the the bathroom window one day?
5. What is Pupo supposed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita decide about men and why?
2. What happens when Mr. Washburn is driving in traffic?
3. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
4. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
5. What does Anita overhear her father and other men talking about concerning Trujillo, and what does Anita's mother say to the men?
6. Why can't Anita stay with Lucinda until Lucinda leaves?
7. What does Anita write about their rescue from the compound?
8. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
9. How do Anita and Mami communicate with Mundo?
10. Who are arrested in town and why?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)