|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pupo?
(a) A news anchor in the city.
(b) The head of the Army.
(c) Papi's code name.
(d) The old man who cares for the chickens and other animals at the compound.
2. Who comes to see Anita and Mami?
3. What does Anita decide about men?
(a) That men do not understand why woman fear men sometimes.
(b) That she does not like men anymore.
(c) That men are bad.
(d) That men should not rule the country; women would do better.
4. Why are the adults remonstrating themselves?
(a) BecauseTio Tony is not the only man wanted now.
(b) Because they had become so careless.
(c) Because they had declined to go to the United States when it was possible.
(d) Because had given in to the idea of a celebration.
5. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
(a) Papi and Tio Tony had escaped.
(b) Papi and Tio Tony are still alive.
(c) They are leaving the next day.
(d) Papi has been released, but TioTony is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anita's brother make this offer?
2. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
3. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
4. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
5. How does Anita view El Jefe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita overhear her father and other men talking about concerning Trujillo, and what does Anita's mother say to the men?
2. Why can't Anita stay with Lucinda until Lucinda leaves?
3. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
4. What are Mami and Anita waiting for and how has Pupo failed the rebels?
5. What happens the night before Lucinda leaves?
6. What does the teacher tell the students in school the day Lucinda is leaving and how does Anita react?
7. What does Papi say he wants for his children?
8. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
9. What do Anita's diary entries for June 3, and June 5, 1961, say?
10. What does Anita discover when she goes into Lucinda's room, and what is Anita's reaction?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)