|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the soldiers who come to the compound say they are taking the men they arrest?
(a) They refuse to say.
(b) To stand trial.
(c) To hand over to Trujillo, Jr.
(d) To where they took El Jefe.
2. What does Anita use to communicate with Oscar?
(a) Writing in the fog on the bathroom window.
(b) A book she is given.
(c) Slips of paper in the laundry.
(d) Morse code.
3. What does Anita's mother do after talking to Mr. Washburn?
(a) Writes to her parents.
(b) Enrolls her children in Catholic school.
(c) Welcomes Mr. Washburn's girls to stay when they want.
(d) Tries to decide about returning to her home.
4. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
(b) That Anita not have to go to school.
(c) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
(d) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
5. What does Anita's mother suggest the men do?
(a) Continue as if nothing is wrong.
(b) Not rush into things and be careful.
(c) See if they can get some backing from the British.
(d) See if the rebels have any assassination plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
2. What happens when a car rams the Washburns car in traffic?
3. What is Pupo supposed to do?
4. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
5. How does the teacher react to Anita's response?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
2. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
3. Where do soldiers find El Jefe's body and who do they arrest and what do they say about Papi and Tio Toni?
4. What does Anita know about a pill and what does she think about it?
5. Who are arrested in town and why?
6. How do Anita and Mami communicate with Mundo?
7. What does the teacher tell the students in school the day Lucinda is leaving and how does Anita react?
8. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
9. How does Mrs. Mancini's distrust of people turn out to be fortuitous?
10. What message from Chucha does Tia Mari give Anita ?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)