|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Put on some of her jewelry.
(b) Stay up later than usual.
(c) Write a letter to Carla.
(d) Sleep in her room.
2. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
(b) Puts her head on her desk.
3. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
(a) A way to get Lucinda out of the country.
(b) Protection in the American embassy.
(c) Protection in the British consulate.
4. What is Pupo supposed to do?
(a) Have live coverage of the liberation for the world to view.
(b) Announce the liberation.
(c) Arrange for his family to get out of the country.
(d) Contact the CIA.
5. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He has broght Mundo to his family.
(b) He is consulting with a construction company there.
(c) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
(d) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
2. What does Tio Pepe give to Anita when he visits?
3. What word do they receive on Mundin?
4. What obstacles does she have to get past when she writes Oscar?
5. How does the teacher react to Anita's response?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Washburn is driving in traffic?
2. How does Mrs. Mancini's distrust of people turn out to be fortuitous?
3. What arrives for Lucinda the day after the party, and how does Lucinda feel?
4. What does Anita know about why Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
5. Where do soldiers find El Jefe's body and who do they arrest and what do they say about Papi and Tio Toni?
6. What are Mami and Anita waiting for and how has Pupo failed the rebels?
7. How do Anita and Mami communicate with Mundo?
8. What does the teacher tell the students in school the day Lucinda is leaving and how does Anita react?
9. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
10. What does Anita decide about men and why?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)