|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children go to their new school in the consul's car ?
(a) They are given a special escort.
(b) They are not stopped at checkpoints as often.
(c) They are better protected since the windows are bullet proof.
(d) It is the only transportation available to them.
2. Why is Lucinda frightened?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is about to become a legal adult.
(c) Anita has caught El Jefe's attention.
(d) She has caught El Jefe's eye.
3. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
(a) Written liberation words on the walls.
(b) Painted it bright red.
(c) Made it into a hospital room.
(d) Made it a haven of privacy.
4. What has the government instituted to control people's movements?
(a) Checkpoints every block.
(c) Video cameras on the street corners.
(d) People have to file requests to go more than two kilometers from their homes
5. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
(a) Remembering Lucinda's face.
(c) Remembering words.
(d) Feeling any hope about the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
2. Where does Chucha get a job?
3. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
4. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
5. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
2. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
3. Who are arrested in town and why?
4. What does Papi and the Washburns decide to do about Lucinda?
5. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
6. What happens the night before Lucinda leaves?
7. What does the teacher tell the students in school the day Lucinda is leaving and how does Anita react?
8. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
9. What does Papi say he wants for his children?
10. What does Anita discover when she goes into Lucinda's room, and what is Anita's reaction?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)