|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
(a) There is an announcement on television.
(b) They hear several helicopters landing nearby.
(c) Men come in her room and search it.
(d) They hear a huge explosion.
2. What grade is Anita placed in at school in New York?
3. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
(b) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
(c) That Anita not have to go to school.
(d) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
4. What does Anita use to communicate with Oscar?
(a) Morse code.
(b) A book she is given.
(c) Slips of paper in the laundry.
(d) Writing in the fog on the bathroom window.
5. What does Anita give Chucha?
(a) Her stained sheets.
(b) Some coins.
(c) Some pictures of Anita and Lucinda to keep for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lucinda's family members and Susie tell Lucinda?
2. What obstacles does she have to get past when she writes Oscar?
3. Who shoots the family dogs?
4. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
5. What does Anita's mother suggest the men do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita write about their rescue from the compound?
2. What does Anita overhear her father and other men talking about concerning Trujillo, and what does Anita's mother say to the men?
3. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
4. What does the teacher tell the students in school the day Lucinda is leaving and how does Anita react?
5. What does Papi say he wants for his children?
6. What does Anita decide about men and why?
7. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
8. Who does Anita see out the bathroom window and what does she think?
9. What happens when Mr. Washburn is driving in traffic?
10. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)