|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
(b) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
(c) That Anita not have to go to school.
(d) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
2. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
(a) To be able to say goodbye.
(b) To go with Oscar.
(c) A pill that instantly kills her.
(d) To be brave.
3. What does Anita give Chucha?
(b) Some coins.
(c) Some pictures of Anita and Lucinda to keep for her.
(d) Her stained sheets.
4. What is revealed in Mr. Washburn's car when the accident occurs?
(c) Picnic supplies.
(d) A dead body.
5. What is Pupo supposed to do?
(a) Have live coverage of the liberation for the world to view.
(b) Arrange for his family to get out of the country.
(c) Announce the liberation.
(d) Contact the CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
2. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
3. What does Anita use to communicate with Oscar?
4. From whom does Anita want to hide the discovery that is discusses in question 113?
5. What does Mr. Mancini tell Mami to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mami and Anita waiting for and how has Pupo failed the rebels?
2. Who are arrested in town and why?
3. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
4. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
5. What does Papi say he wants for his children?
6. What message from Chucha does Tia Mari give Anita ?
7. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
8. What does Anita know about a pill and what does she think about it?
9. Who does Anita see out the bathroom window and what does she think?
10. What do Anita's diary entries for June 3, and June 5, 1961, say?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)