|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lucinda frightened?
(a) She has caught El Jefe's eye.
(b) She is about to become a legal adult.
(c) She is ill.
(d) Anita has caught El Jefe's attention.
2. What do Lucinda and Anita do that night?
(a) Cry and share memories.
(b) Eat pastries and listen to music.
(c) Talk about the future.
(d) Reassure each other.
3. What grade is Anita placed in at school in New York?
4. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
(a) Protection in the British consulate.
(b) Protection in the American embassy.
(c) A way to get Lucinda out of the country.
5. Why do the children go to their new school in the consul's car ?
(a) It is the only transportation available to them.
(b) They are not stopped at checkpoints as often.
(c) They are better protected since the windows are bullet proof.
(d) They are given a special escort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word do they receive on Mundin?
2. What is Pupo supposed to do?
3. What does Anita's mother suggest the men do?
4. What does Mr. Mancini tell Mami to do?
5. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are arrested in town and why?
2. What does Anita discover when she goes into Lucinda's room, and what is Anita's reaction?
3. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
4. What does Papi say he wants for his children?
5. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
6. What message from Chucha does Tia Mari give Anita ?
7. What does Papi and the Washburns decide to do about Lucinda?
8. What does the teacher tell the students in school the day Lucinda is leaving and how does Anita react?
9. What happens when Mr. Washburn is driving in traffic?
10. What arrives for Lucinda the day after the party, and how does Lucinda feel?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)