|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita's brother make this offer?
(a) To be kind to Anita.
(b) Because his mother asked him to.
(c) Because he is lonely..
(d) To distract her from what is happening.
2. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
(a) To be brave.
(b) To go with Oscar.
(c) A pill that instantly kills her.
(d) To be able to say goodbye.
3. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(b) Be good.
4. What is revealed in Mr. Washburn's car when the accident occurs?
(b) A dead body.
(d) Picnic supplies.
5. What does the teacher tell the students at school?
(a) That the students must wear badges with El Jefe's picture on them.
(b) That the school is closing down temporarily.
(c) That El Jefe is visiting that day.
(d) That the school will not be closing as the rumors suggest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Mancini tell Mami to do?
2. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
3. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
4. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
5. Where is Anita a month and a half after the message from Chucha arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do soldiers find El Jefe's body and who do they arrest and what do they say about Papi and Tio Toni?
2. What are Mami and Anita waiting for and how has Pupo failed the rebels?
3. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
4. What does Anita learn about Chucha?
5. Who does Anita see out the bathroom window and what does she think?
6. What does Papi and the Washburns decide to do about Lucinda?
7. How does Mrs. Mancini's distrust of people turn out to be fortuitous?
8. What happens when Mr. Washburn is driving in traffic?
9. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
10. What message from Chucha does Tia Mari give Anita ?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)