|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is planning their escape.
(b) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
(c) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(d) She is terrified.
2. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
(a) Oscar has moved out of the country, but no one knows where.
(b) Oscar's family has moved back to Italy.
(c) Her Papi is perhaps to be released soon.
(d) No mail is getting through to her country.
3. What does Anita realize the next morning?
(a) She finds Oscar more interesting than Sam.
(b) She has had her first period.
(c) She is no longer enamored of Sam.
(d) She is going to be more on her own.
4. What do Lucinda and Anita do that night?
(a) Eat pastries and listen to music.
(b) Cry and share memories.
(c) Talk about the future.
(d) Reassure each other.
5. What does Mr. Mancini tell Mami to do?
(b) Sit and wait and make no calls.
(c) Contact the United States embassy.
(d) Move away from the Capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Anita check her uncle and father's pockets?
2. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
3. What does Anita's mother do after talking to Mr. Washburn?
4. Where are Mami and Anita living according to Anita's June 5, 1961entry?
5. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papi and the Washburns decide to do about Lucinda?
2. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
3. Who are arrested in town and why?
4. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
5. What happens the night before Lucinda leaves?
6. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
7. What does the teacher tell the students in school the day Lucinda is leaving and how does Anita react?
8. What does Anita know about why Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
9. What does Anita decide about men and why?
10. What arrives for Lucinda the day after the party, and how does Lucinda feel?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)