|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
(a) Displays them.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Uses them to scare off the superstitious maid.
(d) Hides them.
2. Where is Anita a month and a half after the message from Chucha arrives?
(a) In London.
(b) In New York City.
(c) In Santo Domingo.
(d) In Miami.
3. Why is Lucinda frightened?
(a) She is about to become a legal adult.
(b) She has caught El Jefe's eye.
(c) Anita has caught El Jefe's attention.
(d) She is ill.
4. What does Anita use to communicate with Oscar?
(a) A book she is given.
(b) Morse code.
(c) Slips of paper in the laundry.
(d) Writing in the fog on the bathroom window.
5. What happens when a car rams the Washburns car in traffic?
(a) The trunk pops open.
(b) Mrs. Washburn is injuried.
(c) Sam is injuried.
(d) Nothing other than a small dent in the bumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What obstacles does she have to get past when she writes Oscar?
2. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
3. What does Anita hear her father and other men discussing?
4. Who do the adults think has to be protected?
5. What small chance Anita and Mami comes and goes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita decide about men and why?
2. Who does Mami call for help, and what does Mr. Mancini tell Anita and Mami to do?
3. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
4. What message from Chucha does Tia Mari give Anita ?
5. What does Anita write about their rescue from the compound?
6. How do Anita and Mami communicate with Mundo?
7. What happens when Mr. Washburn is driving in traffic?
8. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
9. How does Chucha help Anita and what does Chucha tell her?
10. Who does Anita see out the bathroom window and what does she think?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)