|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the government instituted to control people's movements?
(a) Video cameras on the street corners.
(c) Checkpoints every block.
(d) People have to file requests to go more than two kilometers from their homes
2. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
(a) He is with his father in the city.
(b) He is packing to go back to the States.
(c) He is in the fields supervising.
(d) He is in bed with a hangover.
3. What small chance Anita and Mami comes and goes?
(a) To get on a small plane to Florida.
(b) To get on a plane to Italy.
(c) To get on a ship to England.
(d) To return home to get more of their possessions..
4. What does someone in a limousine bring?
(a) An invitation.
(c) A summons.
(d) A gift-wrapped package.
5. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
(a) She is warm and friendly.
(b) She does not trust people.
(c) She never talks.
(d) She cries all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita's father tell her he wants for his children?
2. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
3. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
4. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
5. What does Anita decide about men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita write about their rescue from the compound?
2. What does Anita overhear her father say about the Washburns?
3. What does Anita do when she discovers she has begun her first period?
4. Who does Anita see out the bathroom window and what does she think?
5. What does Anita learn about Chucha?
6. What do Mami and Anita do in hiding?
7. Where do soldiers find El Jefe's body and who do they arrest and what do they say about Papi and Tio Toni?
8. What does Anita know about why Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
9. What does Anita discover when she goes into Lucinda's room, and what is Anita's reaction?
10. What do the children do after the American school is closed and how do they get to school?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)