|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
(a) Painted it bright red.
(b) Made it a haven of privacy.
(c) Made it into a hospital room.
(d) Written liberation words on the walls.
2. How do Anita and her mother communicate with Mundo?
(a) They are unable to communicate with him but very sporadically.
(d) They see him face to face every few days.
3. What is Pupo supposed to do?
(a) Announce the liberation.
(b) Have live coverage of the liberation for the world to view.
(c) Contact the CIA.
(d) Arrange for his family to get out of the country.
4. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
(a) He is with his father in the city.
(b) He is packing to go back to the States.
(c) He is in the fields supervising.
(d) He is in bed with a hangover.
5. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is planning their escape.
(b) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
(c) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(d) She is terrified.
6. What does Anita use to communicate with Oscar?
(a) Slips of paper in the laundry.
(b) Writing in the fog on the bathroom window.
(c) A book she is given.
(d) Morse code.
7. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
(d) Puts her head on her desk.
8. What grade is Anita placed in at school in New York?
9. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
(a) A letter to Papi.
(b) An expository essay.
(c) A movie script.
(d) A poem.
10. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
(a) A pill that instantly kills her.
(b) To be able to say goodbye.
(c) To go with Oscar.
(d) To be brave.
11. What small chance Anita and Mami comes and goes?
(a) To return home to get more of their possessions..
(b) To get on a plane to Italy.
(c) To get on a small plane to Florida.
(d) To get on a ship to England.
12. Why do the children go to their new school in the consul's car ?
(a) They are given a special escort.
(b) They are better protected since the windows are bullet proof.
(c) They are not stopped at checkpoints as often.
(d) It is the only transportation available to them.
13. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(a) Be good.
14. What has the government instituted to control people's movements?
(b) Video cameras on the street corners.
(c) People have to file requests to go more than two kilometers from their homes
(d) Checkpoints every block.
15. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
(a) Paratroopers in a helicopter.
(b) The Italian government.
(c) The British intelligence.
(d) Some local militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What obstacles does she have to get past when she writes Oscar?
2. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
3. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
4. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
5. Why are the adults remonstrating themselves?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)