|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
(a) That the teacher singles Anita out for punishment.
(b) That Anita has told someone about Lucinda.
(c) That Anita is having emotional difficulties.
(d) That Anita has been hurt.
2. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
(b) On her way back to her country.
3. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
(c) No one they know.
4. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
(a) Lucinda is crying.
(b) Lucinda is talking to Sammy.
(c) Lucinda isgone.
(d) Lucinda is packing.
5. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Stay up later than usual.
(b) Sleep in her room.
(c) Write a letter to Carla.
(d) Put on some of her jewelry.
6. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
(a) Like soldiers.
(b) In colors of the movement.
(c) Like religious personages.
(d) In dark garb.
7. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
(a) Trujillo, Jr. has declared no elections this year.
(b) Some of the prisoners have been released.
(c) There is all out civil war.
(d) The prisoners are being tortured.
8. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
(a) He puts a note on the bathroom windowsill.
(b) He looks at the bathroom window.
(c) He waves when he is in the yard, and no one is around.
(d) He writes in the ground outside the bathroom window.
9. Why are so many people arrested?
(a) They do not know who killed El Jefe.
(b) El Jefe's son wants to punish anyone remotely associated with the assassination.
(c) They are trying to send a message.
(d) They are using El Jefe's death to get rid of the opposition.
10. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
(a) An expository essay.
(b) A movie script.
(c) A letter to Papi.
(d) A poem.
11. What small chance Anita and Mami comes and goes?
(a) To get on a small plane to Florida.
(b) To get on a ship to England.
(c) To return home to get more of their possessions..
(d) To get on a plane to Italy.
12. What does Anita give Chucha?
(a) Her stained sheets.
(c) Some pictures of Anita and Lucinda to keep for her.
(d) Some coins.
13. Where is Anita a month and a half after the message from Chucha arrives?
(a) In London.
(b) In Santo Domingo.
(c) In Miami.
(d) In New York City.
14. Who comes to see Anita and Mami?
15. What does Anita's father tell her he wants for his children?
(a) For them to feel hopeful about their future.
(b) For them to live without fear.
(c) For them to become citizens of the United States.
(d) For them to live free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lucinda's family members and Susie tell Lucinda?
2. What does the teacher tell the students at school?
3. Who is Pupo?
4. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
5. Under what guise will Lucinda travel?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)