|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
(a) No mail is getting through to her country.
(b) Her Papi is perhaps to be released soon.
(c) Oscar has moved out of the country, but no one knows where.
(d) Oscar's family has moved back to Italy.
2. What word do they receive on Mundin?
(a) He is in Colombia.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is being sent out of the country.
(d) He has been arrested.
3. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(b) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
(c) They have lodged a protest.
(d) They have to go back to the States.
4. What small chance Anita and Mami comes and goes?
(a) To get on a plane to Italy.
(b) To get on a ship to England.
(c) To return home to get more of their possessions..
(d) To get on a small plane to Florida.
5. Who shoots the family dogs?
(a) The secret police.
(b) Some men who are celebrating.
(c) Some soldiers who are target practicing.
(d) A neighbor.
6. Who is Pupo?
(a) A news anchor in the city.
(b) The head of the Army.
(c) Papi's code name.
(d) The old man who cares for the chickens and other animals at the compound.
7. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
(a) A poem.
(b) An expository essay.
(c) A letter to Papi.
(d) A movie script.
8. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He has broght Mundo to his family.
(b) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
(c) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
(d) He is consulting with a construction company there.
9. How does the teacher react to Anita's response?
(a) The teacher sends her to the nurse.
(b) The teacher just leaves Anita alone.
(c) The teacher tells her to stand at the back of the room.
(d) The teacher sends her to the principal.
10. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Stay up later than usual.
(b) Write a letter to Carla.
(c) Put on some of her jewelry.
(d) Sleep in her room.
11. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
(a) Displays them.
(b) Hides them.
(c) Uses them to scare off the superstitious maid.
(d) Throws them away.
12. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
(b) A way to get Lucinda out of the country.
(c) Protection in the American embassy.
(d) Protection in the British consulate.
13. What does Anita worry about concerning the problem in question 126?
(a) She didn't love Lucinda as much as she thought.
(b) She is going insane.
(c) She will not be motivated to do anything.
(d) She is going to be so tired, she'll say the wrong thing.
14. What does someone in a limousine bring?
(a) A gift-wrapped package.
(b) An invitation.
(d) A summons.
15. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
(a) Lucinda is packing.
(b) Lucinda isgone.
(c) Lucinda is talking to Sammy.
(d) Lucinda is crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
2. Who does Anita think about when her brother asks about his girlfriend?
3. Who does Anita see when she looks out the the bathroom window one day?
4. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
5. What do the grandparents call Thanksgiving?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)