|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(b) They have lodged a protest.
(c) They have to go back to the States.
(d) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
2. What does Anita know about a pill?
(a) There is pill to prevent pregnancy.
(b) There is a pill that will make people talk even if they do not want to.
(c) There is a pill that will make people very sick and lose their motivation to rebel.
(d) There is a pill that can be taken to kill you instantly if the police catch you.
3. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
(a) Remembering words.
(b) Remembering Lucinda's face.
(d) Feeling any hope about the future.
4. How do Anita and her mother communicate with Mundo?
(a) They are unable to communicate with him but very sporadically.
(c) They see him face to face every few days.
5. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
(a) Anita wants to be with Lucinda until she leaves.
(b) Anita is afraid of El Jefe.
(c) Sam is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(d) Oscar is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
6. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
(a) That Anita has told someone about Lucinda.
(b) That the teacher singles Anita out for punishment.
(c) That Anita has been hurt.
(d) That Anita is having emotional difficulties.
7. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Stay up later than usual.
(b) Sleep in her room.
(c) Write a letter to Carla.
(d) Put on some of her jewelry.
8. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
(a) Protection in the British consulate.
(c) Protection in the American embassy.
(d) A way to get Lucinda out of the country.
9. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
(a) Lucinda is packing.
(b) Lucinda is talking to Sammy.
(c) Lucinda isgone.
(d) Lucinda is crying.
10. What small chance Anita and Mami comes and goes?
(a) To return home to get more of their possessions..
(b) To get on a plane to Italy.
(c) To get on a ship to England.
(d) To get on a small plane to Florida.
11. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
(a) He waves when he is in the yard, and no one is around.
(b) He looks at the bathroom window.
(c) He writes in the ground outside the bathroom window.
(d) He puts a note on the bathroom windowsill.
12. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
(a) Her Papi is back.
(b) Tio Tony is dead.
(c) They were allowed to tell Papi goodbye.
(d) She can write as much as she wants now.
13. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(d) She is planning their escape.
14. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
(a) Uses them to scare off the superstitious maid.
(b) Displays them.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Hides them.
15. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
(a) The Italian government.
(b) Paratroopers in a helicopter.
(c) The British intelligence.
(d) Some local militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita use to communicate with Oscar?
2. Where is Anita a month and a half after the message from Chucha arrives?
3. What is revealed in Mr. Washburn's car when the accident occurs?
4. Who almost discovers Anita and her mama?
5. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)