|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita realize the next morning?
(a) She has had her first period.
(b) She is no longer enamored of Sam.
(c) She finds Oscar more interesting than Sam.
(d) She is going to be more on her own.
2. What obstacles does she have to get past when she writes Oscar?
(a) She does not want to encourage him romantically.
(b) She has to be careful because she is a young girl and it would be unseemly to be too forward.
(c) She does not want to make him envious of her being out of the country.
(d) The letter has to get past censors.
3. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
(a) Papi and Tio Tony had escaped.
(b) Papi and Tio Tony are still alive.
(c) Papi has been released, but TioTony is dead.
(d) They are leaving the next day.
4. What does Anita's mother do after talking to Mr. Washburn?
(a) Enrolls her children in Catholic school.
(b) Welcomes Mr. Washburn's girls to stay when they want.
(c) Writes to her parents.
(d) Tries to decide about returning to her home.
5. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
(a) She is warm and friendly.
(b) She never talks.
(c) She cries all the time.
(d) She does not trust people.
6. What is Pupo supposed to do?
(a) Arrange for his family to get out of the country.
(b) Contact the CIA.
(c) Have live coverage of the liberation for the world to view.
(d) Announce the liberation.
7. What does Anita decide about men?
(a) That she does not like men anymore.
(b) That men are bad.
(c) That men should not rule the country; women would do better.
(d) That men do not understand why woman fear men sometimes.
8. What does Chucha do for Anita?
(a) Teaches Anita how to feel unafraid.
(b) Stuffs her belongings in a laundry bag.
(c) Teaches Anita how to understand her dreams.
(d) Gives her a family heirloom.
9. Why do the children go to their new school in the consul's car ?
(a) They are given a special escort.
(b) They are not stopped at checkpoints as often.
(c) It is the only transportation available to them.
(d) They are better protected since the windows are bullet proof.
10. What does Anita do after talking with Tio Pepe?
(a) Starts drawing.
(b) Comes up with a schedule.
(c) Writes her papi.
(d) Writes down everything she remembers about the weeks before Papi is arrested.
11. What does Chucha do with what Anita gives her?
(a) Displays them.
(b) Uses them to scare off the superstitious maid.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Throws them away.
12. What word do they receive on Mundin?
(a) He has been arrested.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is being sent out of the country.
(d) He is in Colombia.
13. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
(a) Lucinda isgone.
(b) Lucinda is talking to Sammy.
(c) Lucinda is crying.
(d) Lucinda is packing.
14. What does Anita's mother suggest the men do?
(a) Continue as if nothing is wrong.
(b) See if they can get some backing from the British.
(c) See if the rebels have any assassination plans.
(d) Not rush into things and be careful.
15. What does Tio Pepe give to Anita when he visits?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter from her Papi.
(c) A letter from Oscar.
(d) A drawing.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Anita want to hide the discovery that is discusses in question 113?
2. Where do the children now go for school lessons?
3. What do Lucinda and Anita do that night?
4. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
5. What does Anita hear her father and other men discussing?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)