|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
(a) Painted it bright red.
(b) Made it into a hospital room.
(c) Written liberation words on the walls.
(d) Made it a haven of privacy.
2. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
(a) Help her with her science project.
(b) Take her for ice cream.
(c) Help her with her math homework.
(d) Take her for a drive.
3. Why is Lucinda frightened?
(a) She has caught El Jefe's eye.
(b) She is ill.
(c) Anita has caught El Jefe's attention.
(d) She is about to become a legal adult.
4. What does Anita's mother suggest the men do?
(a) See if they can get some backing from the British.
(b) Not rush into things and be careful.
(c) See if the rebels have any assassination plans.
(d) Continue as if nothing is wrong.
5. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
(a) No mail is getting through to her country.
(b) Her Papi is perhaps to be released soon.
(c) Oscar has moved out of the country, but no one knows where.
(d) Oscar's family has moved back to Italy.
6. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
(a) Men come in her room and search it.
(b) They hear a huge explosion.
(c) They hear several helicopters landing nearby.
(d) There is an announcement on television.
7. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
(b) That Anita not have to go to school.
(c) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
(d) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
8. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
(b) On her way back to her country.
9. What do Lucinda and Anita do that night?
(a) Cry and share memories.
(b) Talk about the future.
(c) Reassure each other.
(d) Eat pastries and listen to music.
10. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
(a) In dark garb.
(b) In colors of the movement.
(c) Like religious personages.
(d) Like soldiers.
11. What does Anita worry about concerning the problem in question 126?
(a) She is going insane.
(b) She didn't love Lucinda as much as she thought.
(c) She will not be motivated to do anything.
(d) She is going to be so tired, she'll say the wrong thing.
12. What does Anita decide about men?
(a) That men are bad.
(b) That men do not understand why woman fear men sometimes.
(c) That she does not like men anymore.
(d) That men should not rule the country; women would do better.
13. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(a) Be good.
14. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
(a) Anita is afraid of El Jefe.
(b) Anita wants to be with Lucinda until she leaves.
(c) Oscar is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(d) Sam is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
15. What does Tio Pepe give to Anita when he visits?
(a) A letter from her Papi.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A letter from Oscar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
2. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
3. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
4. What does Anita's father tell her he wants for his children?
5. Who does Anita think about when her brother asks about his girlfriend?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)