|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anita see when she looks out the the bathroom window one day?
2. What does the teacher tell the students at school?
(a) That the school is closing down temporarily.
(b) That El Jefe is visiting that day.
(c) That the students must wear badges with El Jefe's picture on them.
(d) That the school will not be closing as the rumors suggest.
3. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
(a) Men come in her room and search it.
(b) They hear a huge explosion.
(c) They hear several helicopters landing nearby.
(d) There is an announcement on television.
4. Why is Lucinda frightened?
(a) She is about to become a legal adult.
(b) She has caught El Jefe's eye.
(c) She is ill.
(d) Anita has caught El Jefe's attention.
5. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
(d) No one they know.
6. What does Anita hear her father and other men discussing?
(a) Killing El Jefe.
(b) How to get both Lucinda and Anita out of the country.
(c) All of them leaving the country.
(d) Beginning the revolution now.
7. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(b) She is planning their escape.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
8. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
(a) Sam is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(b) Oscar is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(c) Anita wants to be with Lucinda until she leaves.
(d) Anita is afraid of El Jefe.
9. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Stay up later than usual.
(b) Sleep in her room.
(c) Write a letter to Carla.
(d) Put on some of her jewelry.
10. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(b) They have to go back to the States.
(c) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
(d) They have lodged a protest.
11. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
(a) That the teacher singles Anita out for punishment.
(b) That Anita has told someone about Lucinda.
(c) That Anita is having emotional difficulties.
(d) That Anita has been hurt.
12. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
(a) She is warm and friendly.
(b) She never talks.
(c) She does not trust people.
(d) She cries all the time.
13. What does Anita know about a pill?
(a) There is a pill that can be taken to kill you instantly if the police catch you.
(b) There is a pill that will make people talk even if they do not want to.
(c) There is a pill that will make people very sick and lose their motivation to rebel.
(d) There is pill to prevent pregnancy.
14. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
(a) Help her with her math homework.
(b) Help her with her science project.
(c) Take her for ice cream.
(d) Take her for a drive.
15. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
(a) They were allowed to tell Papi goodbye.
(b) Her Papi is back.
(c) She can write as much as she wants now.
(d) Tio Tony is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed in Mr. Washburn's car when the accident occurs?
2. How do Anita and her mother communicate with Mundo?
3. What does Mr. Mancini tell Mami to do?
4. What does Anita do after talking with Tio Pepe?
5. Who is Pupo?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)