|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tio Pepe give to Anita when he visits?
(a) A letter from Oscar.
(b) A letter from her Papi.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A photograph.
2. What does Anita do after talking with Tio Pepe?
(a) Starts drawing.
(b) Writes her papi.
(c) Writes down everything she remembers about the weeks before Papi is arrested.
(d) Comes up with a schedule.
3. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
(a) That Anita has told someone about Lucinda.
(b) That Anita is having emotional difficulties.
(c) That the teacher singles Anita out for punishment.
(d) That Anita has been hurt.
4. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
(a) Playing ball.
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Throwing up..
5. What does someone in a limousine bring?
(a) An invitation.
(c) A summons.
(d) A gift-wrapped package.
6. Who do the adults think has to be protected?
7. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
(b) They have lodged a protest.
(c) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(d) They have to go back to the States.
8. Who is/are arrested?
(a) Papi and Tio Tony.
(b) No one.
(c) Papi, Tio Tony and Mundin.
(d) Just Tio Tony.
9. What does Anita decide about men?
(a) That men are bad.
(b) That men should not rule the country; women would do better.
(c) That she does not like men anymore.
(d) That men do not understand why woman fear men sometimes.
10. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
(a) In dark garb.
(b) In colors of the movement.
(c) Like soldiers.
(d) Like religious personages.
11. Why are the adults remonstrating themselves?
(a) Because had given in to the idea of a celebration.
(b) Because they had become so careless.
(c) BecauseTio Tony is not the only man wanted now.
(d) Because they had declined to go to the United States when it was possible.
12. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He has broght Mundo to his family.
(b) He is consulting with a construction company there.
(c) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
(d) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
13. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
(a) He is with his father in the city.
(b) He is packing to go back to the States.
(c) He is in bed with a hangover.
(d) He is in the fields supervising.
14. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Put on some of her jewelry.
(b) Sleep in her room.
(c) Write a letter to Carla.
(d) Stay up later than usual.
15. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(b) Be good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mami and Anita living according to Anita's June 5, 1961entry?
2. Where is Anita a month and a half after the message from Chucha arrives?
3. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
4. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
5. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)