|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita know about a pill?
(a) There is a pill that will make people talk even if they do not want to.
(b) There is pill to prevent pregnancy.
(c) There is a pill that can be taken to kill you instantly if the police catch you.
(d) There is a pill that will make people very sick and lose their motivation to rebel.
2. Who almost discovers Anita and her mama?
(a) The insurrgents.
(b) One of the clerks at the embassy.
(c) The Mancini daughters.
(d) One of the locals the embassy hires.
3. What does Anita hear her father and other men discussing?
(a) How to get both Lucinda and Anita out of the country.
(b) Killing El Jefe.
(c) Beginning the revolution now.
(d) All of them leaving the country.
4. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
(a) She can write as much as she wants now.
(b) Her Papi is back.
(c) They were allowed to tell Papi goodbye.
(d) Tio Tony is dead.
5. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(b) They have lodged a protest.
(c) They have to go back to the States.
(d) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
6. Who is/are arrested?
(a) Just Tio Tony.
(b) Papi and Tio Tony.
(c) No one.
(d) Papi, Tio Tony and Mundin.
7. What is Pupo supposed to do?
(a) Contact the CIA.
(b) Arrange for his family to get out of the country.
(c) Have live coverage of the liberation for the world to view.
(d) Announce the liberation.
8. Where are Mami and Anita living according to Anita's June 5, 1961entry?
(a) In the jungle with some other families.
(b) In a closet in the Mancini home.
(c) In the British embassy.
(d) In the American embassy.
9. What does Anita realize the next morning?
(a) She has had her first period.
(b) She is no longer enamored of Sam.
(c) She is going to be more on her own.
(d) She finds Oscar more interesting than Sam.
10. What do Lucinda's family members and Susie tell Lucinda?
(a) They will protect her.
(b) They will send her to the States.
(c) El Jefe will forget her soon.
(d) Thewill project Anita.
11. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
(b) Throwing up..
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Playing ball.
12. What does someone in a limousine bring?
(b) A gift-wrapped package.
(c) A summons.
(d) An invitation.
13. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
(a) To go with Oscar.
(b) To be brave.
(c) A pill that instantly kills her.
(d) To be able to say goodbye.
14. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That Anita not have to go to school.
(b) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
(c) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
(d) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
15. What does Anita give Chucha?
(b) Some coins.
(c) Her stained sheets.
(d) Some pictures of Anita and Lucinda to keep for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
2. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
3. What does Anita use to communicate with Oscar?
4. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
5. Under what guise will Lucinda travel?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)