|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(b) Be good.
2. Who is Pupo?
(a) The old man who cares for the chickens and other animals at the compound.
(b) Papi's code name.
(c) A news anchor in the city.
(d) The head of the Army.
3. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Write a letter to Carla.
(b) Stay up later than usual.
(c) Sleep in her room.
(d) Put on some of her jewelry.
4. What does Anita do after talking with Tio Pepe?
(a) Writes her papi.
(b) Comes up with a schedule.
(c) Writes down everything she remembers about the weeks before Papi is arrested.
(d) Starts drawing.
5. Where do they find El Jefe's body?
(a) In the trunk of a car.
(b) In the jungle near the compound.
(c) In the tool box on the Ford truck.
(d) In the basement.
6. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They have lodged a protest.
(b) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(c) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
(d) They have to go back to the States.
7. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
(b) Puts her head on her desk.
8. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
(a) Papi has been released, but TioTony is dead.
(b) They are leaving the next day.
(c) Papi and Tio Tony are still alive.
(d) Papi and Tio Tony had escaped.
9. What does Anita give Chucha?
(a) Some coins.
(b) Some pictures of Anita and Lucinda to keep for her.
(d) Her stained sheets.
10. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(b) She is planning their escape.
(c) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
(d) She is terrified.
11. Who comes to see Anita and Mami?
12. What is Pupo supposed to do?
(a) Arrange for his family to get out of the country.
(b) Announce the liberation.
(c) Have live coverage of the liberation for the world to view.
(d) Contact the CIA.
13. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
(a) He is in bed with a hangover.
(b) He is with his father in the city.
(c) He is packing to go back to the States.
(d) He is in the fields supervising.
14. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
(a) Men come in her room and search it.
(b) There is an announcement on television.
(c) They hear several helicopters landing nearby.
(d) They hear a huge explosion.
15. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
(a) Help her with her math homework.
(b) Take her for a drive.
(c) Take her for ice cream.
(d) Help her with her science project.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is/are arrested?
2. How does the teacher react to Anita's response?
3. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
4. What does Anita realize the next morning?
5. What do the grandparents call Thanksgiving?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)