|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
(a) He looks at the bathroom window.
(b) He writes in the ground outside the bathroom window.
(c) He waves when he is in the yard, and no one is around.
(d) He puts a note on the bathroom windowsill.
2. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
(a) Protection in the American embassy.
(b) Protection in the British consulate.
(d) A way to get Lucinda out of the country.
3. What word do they receive on Mundin?
(a) He has been arrested.
(b) He is being sent out of the country.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is in Colombia.
4. Who shoots the family dogs?
(a) Some men who are celebrating.
(b) The secret police.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Some soldiers who are target practicing.
5. What has the government instituted to control people's movements?
(a) People have to file requests to go more than two kilometers from their homes
(b) Video cameras on the street corners.
(c) Checkpoints every block.
6. Why do the children go to their new school in the consul's car ?
(a) They are better protected since the windows are bullet proof.
(b) They are given a special escort.
(c) It is the only transportation available to them.
(d) They are not stopped at checkpoints as often.
7. Where does Chucha get a job?
(a) The American embassy.
(b) With a family that was not involved in the assassination.
(c) She has not found one yet.
8. Why does Anita's brother make this offer?
(a) To be kind to Anita.
(b) To distract her from what is happening.
(c) Because his mother asked him to.
(d) Because he is lonely..
9. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He has broght Mundo to his family.
(b) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
(c) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
(d) He is consulting with a construction company there.
10. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
(a) There is all out civil war.
(b) Some of the prisoners have been released.
(c) The prisoners are being tortured.
(d) Trujillo, Jr. has declared no elections this year.
11. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
(a) Tio Tony is dead.
(b) They were allowed to tell Papi goodbye.
(c) She can write as much as she wants now.
(d) Her Papi is back.
12. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
(a) No one they know.
13. Who does Anita think about when her brother asks about his girlfriend?
(b) The girl her brother likes..
(d) A boy at school Anita was starting to like.
14. How do Anita and her mother communicate with Mundo?
(b) They see him face to face every few days.
(c) They are unable to communicate with him but very sporadically.
15. Who do the adults think has to be protected?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
2. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
3. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
4. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
5. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)