|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is/are arrested?
(a) Papi, Tio Tony and Mundin.
(b) Papi and Tio Tony.
(c) Just Tio Tony.
(d) No one.
2. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
(a) Papi and Tio Tony are still alive.
(b) They are leaving the next day.
(c) Papi has been released, but TioTony is dead.
(d) Papi and Tio Tony had escaped.
3. Who almost discovers Anita and her mama?
(a) One of the clerks at the embassy.
(b) One of the locals the embassy hires.
(c) The insurrgents.
(d) The Mancini daughters.
4. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
(a) She is warm and friendly.
(b) She cries all the time.
(c) She never talks.
(d) She does not trust people.
5. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
(a) That Anita has been hurt.
(b) That the teacher singles Anita out for punishment.
(c) That Anita is having emotional difficulties.
(d) That Anita has told someone about Lucinda.
6. Why are the adults remonstrating themselves?
(a) BecauseTio Tony is not the only man wanted now.
(b) Because they had become so careless.
(c) Because they had declined to go to the United States when it was possible.
(d) Because had given in to the idea of a celebration.
7. Where do the soldiers who come to the compound say they are taking the men they arrest?
(a) To stand trial.
(b) To where they took El Jefe.
(c) They refuse to say.
(d) To hand over to Trujillo, Jr.
8. What does Anita's brother say when he comes home?
(a) The high school has shut down.
(b) His best friend's father has been arrested.
(c) He is joining the rebel forces.
(d) His teacher has been arrested.
9. From whom does Anita want to hide the discovery that is discusses in question 113?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
10. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Write a letter to Carla.
(b) Sleep in her room.
(c) Put on some of her jewelry.
(d) Stay up later than usual.
11. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
(a) The British intelligence.
(b) The Italian government.
(c) Paratroopers in a helicopter.
(d) Some local militia.
12. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
(a) To go with Oscar.
(b) To be brave.
(c) To be able to say goodbye.
(d) A pill that instantly kills her.
13. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
(b) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
(c) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
(d) That Anita not have to go to school.
14. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
(a) An expository essay.
(b) A movie script.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter to Papi.
15. Why are so many people arrested?
(a) They are using El Jefe's death to get rid of the opposition.
(b) El Jefe's son wants to punish anyone remotely associated with the assassination.
(c) They do not know who killed El Jefe.
(d) They are trying to send a message.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Anita a month and a half after the message from Chucha arrives?
2. What does Anita decide about men?
3. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
4. How does Anita view El Jefe?
5. What is revealed in Mr. Washburn's car when the accident occurs?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)