|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
(a) Made it into a hospital room.
(b) Made it a haven of privacy.
(c) Painted it bright red.
(d) Written liberation words on the walls.
2. What does Anita do after talking with Tio Pepe?
(a) Starts drawing.
(b) Comes up with a schedule.
(c) Writes down everything she remembers about the weeks before Papi is arrested.
(d) Writes her papi.
3. What does Mr. Mancini tell Mami to do?
(b) Contact the United States embassy.
(c) Sit and wait and make no calls.
(d) Move away from the Capital.
4. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
(a) He is packing to go back to the States.
(b) He is in the fields supervising.
(c) He is with his father in the city.
(d) He is in bed with a hangover.
5. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
(a) Like religious personages.
(b) In dark garb.
(c) Like soldiers.
(d) In colors of the movement.
6. What happens when a car rams the Washburns car in traffic?
(a) Mrs. Washburn is injuried.
(b) Sam is injuried.
(c) Nothing other than a small dent in the bumber.
(d) The trunk pops open.
7. Why does Anita's brother make this offer?
(a) To distract her from what is happening.
(b) To be kind to Anita.
(c) Because he is lonely..
(d) Because his mother asked him to.
8. What does Anita realize the next morning?
(a) She is going to be more on her own.
(b) She has had her first period.
(c) She finds Oscar more interesting than Sam.
(d) She is no longer enamored of Sam.
9. Why are the adults remonstrating themselves?
(a) Because had given in to the idea of a celebration.
(b) Because they had become so careless.
(c) BecauseTio Tony is not the only man wanted now.
(d) Because they had declined to go to the United States when it was possible.
10. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
(b) He has broght Mundo to his family.
(c) He is consulting with a construction company there.
(d) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
11. Who is Pupo?
(a) A news anchor in the city.
(b) The old man who cares for the chickens and other animals at the compound.
(c) The head of the Army.
(d) Papi's code name.
12. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is planning their escape.
(b) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(c) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
(d) She is terrified.
13. What is Pupo supposed to do?
(a) Have live coverage of the liberation for the world to view.
(b) Arrange for his family to get out of the country.
(c) Contact the CIA.
(d) Announce the liberation.
14. What do the grandparents call Thanksgiving?
(a) That American holiday.
(b) That Indian holiday.
(d) The day of the turkey.
15. Where does Chucha get a job?
(a) With a family that was not involved in the assassination.
(c) The American embassy.
(d) She has not found one yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
2. What does Anita give Chucha?
3. Where do the children now go for school lessons?
4. Who almost discovers Anita and her mama?
5. Where are Mami and Anita living according to Anita's June 5, 1961entry?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)