|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
(a) On her way back to her country.
2. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
(a) She is warm and friendly.
(b) She does not trust people.
(c) She cries all the time.
(d) She never talks.
3. Who is Pupo?
(a) A news anchor in the city.
(b) The head of the Army.
(c) The old man who cares for the chickens and other animals at the compound.
(d) Papi's code name.
4. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(b) Be good.
5. What happens when a car rams the Washburns car in traffic?
(a) Sam is injuried.
(b) Mrs. Washburn is injuried.
(c) Nothing other than a small dent in the bumber.
(d) The trunk pops open.
6. What does Tio Pepe give to Anita when he visits?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter from Oscar.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A letter from her Papi.
7. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
(b) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
(c) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
(d) That Anita not have to go to school.
8. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Playing ball.
(d) Throwing up..
9. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
(a) Painted it bright red.
(b) Made it a haven of privacy.
(c) Written liberation words on the walls.
(d) Made it into a hospital room.
10. Why are the adults remonstrating themselves?
(a) Because they had become so careless.
(b) Because had given in to the idea of a celebration.
(c) BecauseTio Tony is not the only man wanted now.
(d) Because they had declined to go to the United States when it was possible.
11. What does Anita's father tell her he wants for his children?
(a) For them to live free.
(b) For them to live without fear.
(c) For them to become citizens of the United States.
(d) For them to feel hopeful about their future.
12. What does Anita hear her father and other men discussing?
(a) Beginning the revolution now.
(b) How to get both Lucinda and Anita out of the country.
(c) All of them leaving the country.
(d) Killing El Jefe.
13. What does Anita do after talking with Tio Pepe?
(a) Comes up with a schedule.
(b) Starts drawing.
(c) Writes her papi.
(d) Writes down everything she remembers about the weeks before Papi is arrested.
14. Where do the children now go for school lessons?
(a) To the consulate building.
(b) The church.
(c) The community center.
(d) The Mancinis' house.
15. How does Anita view El Jefe?
(a) As the country's hero.
(b) As an old man whose actions are breaking up her family.
(c) As a grandfather type.
(d) As an old man who wants everything his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word do they receive on Mundin?
2. How does Anita feel every time she starts to write Oscar?
3. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
4. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
5. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)