|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Anita a month and a half after the message from Chucha arrives?
(a) In Santo Domingo.
(b) In Miami.
(c) In London.
(d) In New York City.
2. What is Pupo supposed to do?
(a) Arrange for his family to get out of the country.
(b) Announce the liberation.
(c) Have live coverage of the liberation for the world to view.
(d) Contact the CIA.
3. Where are Mami and Anita living according to Anita's June 5, 1961entry?
(a) In the British embassy.
(b) In a closet in the Mancini home.
(c) In the jungle with some other families.
(d) In the American embassy.
4. What does Chucha do for Anita?
(a) Teaches Anita how to understand her dreams.
(b) Teaches Anita how to feel unafraid.
(c) Gives her a family heirloom.
(d) Stuffs her belongings in a laundry bag.
5. How do Anita and her mother communicate with Mundo?
(c) They are unable to communicate with him but very sporadically.
(d) They see him face to face every few days.
6. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
(c) Puts her head on her desk.
7. What does Anita worry about concerning the problem in question 126?
(a) She will not be motivated to do anything.
(b) She is going insane.
(c) She didn't love Lucinda as much as she thought.
(d) She is going to be so tired, she'll say the wrong thing.
8. What word do they receive on Mundin?
(a) He has been arrested.
(b) He is in Colombia.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is being sent out of the country.
9. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
(a) Lucinda is talking to Sammy.
(b) Lucinda is crying.
(c) Lucinda isgone.
(d) Lucinda is packing.
10. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
(a) On her way back to her country.
11. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
(a) Playing chess.
(c) Playing ball.
(d) Throwing up..
12. What does the teacher tell the students at school?
(a) That the students must wear badges with El Jefe's picture on them.
(b) That the school will not be closing as the rumors suggest.
(c) That El Jefe is visiting that day.
(d) That the school is closing down temporarily.
13. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
(a) Papi and Tio Tony are still alive.
(b) They are leaving the next day.
(c) Papi has been released, but TioTony is dead.
(d) Papi and Tio Tony had escaped.
14. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
(a) Made it a haven of privacy.
(b) Made it into a hospital room.
(c) Painted it bright red.
(d) Written liberation words on the walls.
15. Why does Anita's brother make this offer?
(a) To distract her from what is happening.
(b) Because he is lonely..
(c) Because his mother asked him to.
(d) To be kind to Anita.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
2. How does the teacher react to Anita's response?
3. What does Anita realize the next morning?
4. Who is/are arrested?
5. What grade is Anita placed in at school in New York?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)