|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chucha get a job?
(b) The American embassy.
(c) With a family that was not involved in the assassination.
(d) She has not found one yet.
2. What does Anita know about a pill?
(a) There is a pill that can be taken to kill you instantly if the police catch you.
(b) There is pill to prevent pregnancy.
(c) There is a pill that will make people very sick and lose their motivation to rebel.
(d) There is a pill that will make people talk even if they do not want to.
3. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Stay up later than usual.
(b) Sleep in her room.
(c) Put on some of her jewelry.
(d) Write a letter to Carla.
4. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
(a) She is warm and friendly.
(b) She never talks.
(c) She does not trust people.
(d) She cries all the time.
5. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
(c) No one they know.
6. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He is consulting with a construction company there.
(b) He has broght Mundo to his family.
(c) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
(d) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
7. What does Anita worry about concerning the problem in question 126?
(a) She didn't love Lucinda as much as she thought.
(b) She is going to be so tired, she'll say the wrong thing.
(c) She is going insane.
(d) She will not be motivated to do anything.
8. What does Tio Pepe give to Anita when he visits?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A letter from her Papi.
(d) A letter from Oscar.
9. For what does Anita check her uncle and father's pockets?
(a) Evidence that they are part of the rebel forces.
(b) Letters from Lucinda.
(c) The pills she knows about.
(d) Change to buy a soda.
10. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
(a) He puts a note on the bathroom windowsill.
(b) He looks at the bathroom window.
(c) He waves when he is in the yard, and no one is around.
(d) He writes in the ground outside the bathroom window.
11. How do Anita and her mother communicate with Mundo?
(b) They see him face to face every few days.
(d) They are unable to communicate with him but very sporadically.
12. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Playing ball.
(d) Throwing up..
13. What does someone in a limousine bring?
(a) An invitation.
(b) A summons.
(c) A gift-wrapped package.
14. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
(a) Like religious personages.
(b) In dark garb.
(c) In colors of the movement.
(d) Like soldiers.
15. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
(b) Puts her head on her desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
2. What is Pupo supposed to do?
3. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
4. What does Anita give Chucha?
5. What does Anita's brother say when he comes home?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)