|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chucha get a job?
(b) The American embassy.
(c) She has not found one yet.
(d) With a family that was not involved in the assassination.
2. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
(a) That Anita is having emotional difficulties.
(b) That Anita has been hurt.
(c) That the teacher singles Anita out for punishment.
(d) That Anita has told someone about Lucinda.
3. Where are Mami and Anita living according to Anita's June 5, 1961entry?
(a) In the British embassy.
(b) In a closet in the Mancini home.
(c) In the American embassy.
(d) In the jungle with some other families.
4. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
(b) No one they know.
5. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
(a) Anita wants to be with Lucinda until she leaves.
(b) Oscar is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(c) Anita is afraid of El Jefe.
(d) Sam is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
6. What do the grandparents call Thanksgiving?
(a) The day of the turkey.
(b) That Indian holiday.
(d) That American holiday.
7. Why is Lucinda frightened?
(a) She has caught El Jefe's eye.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is about to become a legal adult.
(d) Anita has caught El Jefe's attention.
8. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
(a) She cries all the time.
(b) She does not trust people.
(c) She never talks.
(d) She is warm and friendly.
9. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
(a) He looks at the bathroom window.
(b) He waves when he is in the yard, and no one is around.
(c) He writes in the ground outside the bathroom window.
(d) He puts a note on the bathroom windowsill.
10. What word do they receive on Mundin?
(a) He is in Colombia.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He is being sent out of the country.
11. What does Chucha do for Anita?
(a) Stuffs her belongings in a laundry bag.
(b) Teaches Anita how to understand her dreams.
(c) Teaches Anita how to feel unafraid.
(d) Gives her a family heirloom.
12. How does Anita view El Jefe?
(a) As the country's hero.
(b) As an old man who wants everything his way.
(c) As a grandfather type.
(d) As an old man whose actions are breaking up her family.
13. Why does Anita's brother make this offer?
(a) Because his mother asked him to.
(b) To be kind to Anita.
(c) To distract her from what is happening.
(d) Because he is lonely..
14. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
(b) On her way back to her country.
15. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(d) Be good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita give Chucha?
2. What does Anita write in her June 3, 1961 diary entry?
3. What does Anita's mother suggest the men do?
4. Who is Pupo?
5. What does Anita decide about men?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)