|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tio Pepe give to Anita when he visits?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter from her Papi.
(c) A letter from Oscar.
(d) A drawing.
2. What does someone in a limousine bring?
(b) A gift-wrapped package.
(c) A summons.
(d) An invitation.
3. Who is/are arrested?
(a) No one.
(b) Just Tio Tony.
(c) Papi, Tio Tony and Mundin.
(d) Papi and Tio Tony.
4. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is planning their escape.
(d) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
5. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
(a) Some local militia.
(b) The British intelligence.
(c) Paratroopers in a helicopter.
(d) The Italian government.
6. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
(a) Help her with her science project.
(b) Take her for a drive.
(c) Take her for ice cream.
(d) Help her with her math homework.
7. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
(a) Oscar is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(b) Sam is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(c) Anita wants to be with Lucinda until she leaves.
(d) Anita is afraid of El Jefe.
8. How does the teacher react to Anita's response?
(a) The teacher sends her to the nurse.
(b) The teacher just leaves Anita alone.
(c) The teacher tells her to stand at the back of the room.
(d) The teacher sends her to the principal.
9. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
(d) No one they know.
10. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
(a) Puts her head on her desk.
11. What does Anita's father tell her he wants for his children?
(a) For them to live without fear.
(b) For them to live free.
(c) For them to become citizens of the United States.
(d) For them to feel hopeful about their future.
12. Why is Lucinda frightened?
(a) She has caught El Jefe's eye.
(b) Anita has caught El Jefe's attention.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is about to become a legal adult.
13. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
(a) Painted it bright red.
(b) Made it into a hospital room.
(c) Made it a haven of privacy.
(d) Written liberation words on the walls.
14. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
(a) Men come in her room and search it.
(b) They hear a huge explosion.
(c) They hear several helicopters landing nearby.
(d) There is an announcement on television.
15. Where do the children now go for school lessons?
(a) To the consulate building.
(b) The church.
(c) The community center.
(d) The Mancinis' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots the family dogs?
2. What does Anita's brother say when he comes home?
3. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
4. What grade is Anita placed in at school in New York?
5. What does Anita find when she gets to Lucinda's room?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)