|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
(a) There is all out civil war.
(b) Trujillo, Jr. has declared no elections this year.
(c) The prisoners are being tortured.
(d) Some of the prisoners have been released.
2. What happens the next morning after El Jefe is assassinated just as Chucha is waking Anita?
(a) Men come in her room and search it.
(b) They hear several helicopters landing nearby.
(c) There is an announcement on television.
(d) They hear a huge explosion.
3. Where do they find El Jefe's body?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the jungle near the compound.
(c) In the trunk of a car.
(d) In the tool box on the Ford truck.
4. What obstacles does she have to get past when she writes Oscar?
(a) She has to be careful because she is a young girl and it would be unseemly to be too forward.
(b) She does not want to make him envious of her being out of the country.
(c) The letter has to get past censors.
(d) She does not want to encourage him romantically.
5. Where do the soldiers who come to the compound say they are taking the men they arrest?
(a) To stand trial.
(b) To where they took El Jefe.
(c) To hand over to Trujillo, Jr.
(d) They refuse to say.
6. In what format does Anita write some of her journal entries?
(a) A letter to Papi.
(b) A movie script.
(c) A poem.
(d) An expository essay.
7. What does Chucha do for Anita?
(a) Teaches Anita how to feel unafraid.
(b) Stuffs her belongings in a laundry bag.
(c) Teaches Anita how to understand her dreams.
(d) Gives her a family heirloom.
8. What does Anita know about a pill?
(a) There is a pill that will make people talk even if they do not want to.
(b) There is a pill that can be taken to kill you instantly if the police catch you.
(c) There is pill to prevent pregnancy.
(d) There is a pill that will make people very sick and lose their motivation to rebel.
9. How are protesters dressed as they move through the city?
(a) Like soldiers.
(b) In colors of the movement.
(c) In dark garb.
(d) Like religious personages.
10. Where do the children now go for school lessons?
(a) To the consulate building.
(b) The Mancinis' house.
(c) The community center.
(d) The church.
11. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
(a) He writes in the ground outside the bathroom window.
(b) He puts a note on the bathroom windowsill.
(c) He waves when he is in the yard, and no one is around.
(d) He looks at the bathroom window.
12. Who does Anita think about when her brother asks about his girlfriend?
(b) A boy at school Anita was starting to like.
(d) The girl her brother likes..
13. Why does Anita's brother make this offer?
(a) To be kind to Anita.
(b) Because he is lonely..
(c) Because his mother asked him to.
(d) To distract her from what is happening.
14. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
(b) Protection in the American embassy.
(c) A way to get Lucinda out of the country.
(d) Protection in the British consulate.
15. What word do they receive on Mundin?
(a) He is being sent out of the country.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He is in Colombia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
2. What does Anita's brother say when he comes home?
3. Under what guise will Lucinda travel?
4. What does someone in a limousine bring?
5. What does Mr. Mancini tell Mami to do?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)