|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anita view El Jefe?
(a) As a grandfather type.
(b) As an old man whose actions are breaking up her family.
(c) As an old man who wants everything his way.
(d) As the country's hero.
2. Who is/are arrested?
(a) Papi and Tio Tony.
(b) Just Tio Tony.
(c) Papi, Tio Tony and Mundin.
(d) No one.
3. What do Lucinda's family members and Susie tell Lucinda?
(a) They will protect her.
(b) They will send her to the States.
(c) Thewill project Anita.
(d) El Jefe will forget her soon.
4. What is revealed in Mr. Washburn's car when the accident occurs?
(c) A dead body.
(d) Picnic supplies.
5. Who almost discovers Anita and her mama?
(a) One of the locals the embassy hires.
(b) The insurrgents.
(c) One of the clerks at the embassy.
(d) The Mancini daughters.
6. What does Anita's mother say on the second Sunday that they are in hiding?
(a) Papi and Tio Tony are still alive.
(b) Papi and Tio Tony had escaped.
(c) Papi has been released, but TioTony is dead.
(d) They are leaving the next day.
7. What does Anita want in the event she is taken away?
(a) A pill that instantly kills her.
(b) To be brave.
(c) To be able to say goodbye.
(d) To go with Oscar.
8. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(c) She is planning their escape.
(d) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
9. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(b) Be good.
10. What does the teacher tell the students at school?
(a) That the school is closing down temporarily.
(b) That the students must wear badges with El Jefe's picture on them.
(c) That the school will not be closing as the rumors suggest.
(d) That El Jefe is visiting that day.
11. Who do the adults think has to be protected?
12. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
(a) Oscar has moved out of the country, but no one knows where.
(b) No mail is getting through to her country.
(c) Her Papi is perhaps to be released soon.
(d) Oscar's family has moved back to Italy.
13. What concerns Anita's mother when she receives a call from the school?
(a) That Anita has told someone about Lucinda.
(b) That Anita is having emotional difficulties.
(c) That the teacher singles Anita out for punishment.
(d) That Anita has been hurt.
14. What does someone in a limousine bring?
(a) A summons.
(b) An invitation.
(c) A gift-wrapped package.
15. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
(a) Remembering words.
(b) Remembering Lucinda's face.
(c) Feeling any hope about the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita write about Mrs. Mancini?
2. What does Anita use to communicate with Oscar?
3. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
4. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
5. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)