|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mami and Anita living according to Anita's June 5, 1961entry?
(a) In the jungle with some other families.
(b) In a closet in the Mancini home.
(c) In the British embassy.
(d) In the American embassy.
2. For what does Anita check her uncle and father's pockets?
(a) Letters from Lucinda.
(b) The pills she knows about.
(c) Evidence that they are part of the rebel forces.
(d) Change to buy a soda.
3. Who rescues Anita and her mami?
(a) Paratroopers in a helicopter.
(b) The British intelligence.
(c) Some local militia.
(d) The Italian government.
4. What does Mr. Mancini tell Mami to do?
(a) Contact the United States embassy.
(b) Sit and wait and make no calls.
(d) Move away from the Capital.
5. Who almost discovers Anita and her mama?
(a) One of the locals the embassy hires.
(b) The insurrgents.
(c) The Mancini daughters.
(d) One of the clerks at the embassy.
6. Why are so many people arrested?
(a) El Jefe's son wants to punish anyone remotely associated with the assassination.
(b) They are using El Jefe's death to get rid of the opposition.
(c) They are trying to send a message.
(d) They do not know who killed El Jefe.
7. What does Anita hear her father and other men discussing?
(a) All of them leaving the country.
(b) Killing El Jefe.
(c) Beginning the revolution now.
(d) How to get both Lucinda and Anita out of the country.
8. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
(a) Protection in the British consulate.
(b) A way to get Lucinda out of the country.
(c) Protection in the American embassy.
9. What does Anita know about a pill?
(a) There is a pill that will make people very sick and lose their motivation to rebel.
(b) There is a pill that will make people talk even if they do not want to.
(c) There is a pill that can be taken to kill you instantly if the police catch you.
(d) There is pill to prevent pregnancy.
10. Where does Chucha get a job?
(a) She has not found one yet.
(c) The American embassy.
(d) With a family that was not involved in the assassination.
11. What does Lucinda allow Anita to do that night?
(a) Put on some of her jewelry.
(b) Write a letter to Carla.
(c) Sleep in her room.
(d) Stay up later than usual.
12. What does Chucha do for Anita?
(a) Teaches Anita how to understand her dreams.
(b) Stuffs her belongings in a laundry bag.
(c) Gives her a family heirloom.
(d) Teaches Anita how to feel unafraid.
13. What does Chucha tell Anita it is time to do?
(c) Be good.
14. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
(a) There is all out civil war.
(b) The prisoners are being tortured.
(c) Some of the prisoners have been released.
(d) Trujillo, Jr. has declared no elections this year.
15. What does Anita learn when she finishes her letter to Oscar?
(a) Her Papi is perhaps to be released soon.
(b) Oscar's family has moved back to Italy.
(c) Oscar has moved out of the country, but no one knows where.
(d) No mail is getting through to her country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anita think Oscar may know she is there?
2. What does someone in a limousine bring?
3. Who do the adults think has to be protected?
4. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
5. What does Anita do after the teacher makes her announcement?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)