|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita do after talking with Tio Pepe?
(a) Starts drawing.
(b) Writes down everything she remembers about the weeks before Papi is arrested.
(c) Comes up with a schedule.
(d) Writes her papi.
2. Where is Sam when Anita inquires?
(a) He is with his father in the city.
(b) He is in bed with a hangover.
(c) He is in the fields supervising.
(d) He is packing to go back to the States.
3. Where do the soldiers who come to the compound say they are taking the men they arrest?
(a) To hand over to Trujillo, Jr.
(b) To where they took El Jefe.
(c) They refuse to say.
(d) To stand trial.
4. What does Anita's brother offer to do in the afternoon?
(a) Take her for ice cream.
(b) Help her with her math homework.
(c) Help her with her science project.
(d) Take her for a drive.
5. How does the teacher react to Anita's response?
(a) The teacher just leaves Anita alone.
(b) The teacher sends her to the principal.
(c) The teacher tells her to stand at the back of the room.
(d) The teacher sends her to the nurse.
6. Why are so many people arrested?
(a) They do not know who killed El Jefe.
(b) They are trying to send a message.
(c) They are using El Jefe's death to get rid of the opposition.
(d) El Jefe's son wants to punish anyone remotely associated with the assassination.
7. What does Anita know about a pill?
(a) There is pill to prevent pregnancy.
(b) There is a pill that will make people talk even if they do not want to.
(c) There is a pill that will make people very sick and lose their motivation to rebel.
(d) There is a pill that can be taken to kill you instantly if the police catch you.
8. Why is Mr. Washburn in New York City?
(a) He has brought his daughters there to live with their grandparents.
(b) He is consulting with a construction company there.
(c) He's come to tell them that Papi and Tio Toni are dead.
(d) He has broght Mundo to his family.
9. What has the government instituted to control people's movements?
(a) Checkpoints every block.
(b) Video cameras on the street corners.
(d) People have to file requests to go more than two kilometers from their homes
10. What do Lucinda and Anita do that night?
(a) Cry and share memories.
(b) Talk about the future.
(c) Eat pastries and listen to music.
(d) Reassure each other.
11. Where are Mami and Anita living according to Anita's June 5, 1961entry?
(a) In the British embassy.
(b) In the jungle with some other families.
(c) In a closet in the Mancini home.
(d) In the American embassy.
12. What does Anita's mother suggest the men do?
(a) See if the rebels have any assassination plans.
(b) Continue as if nothing is wrong.
(c) See if they can get some backing from the British.
(d) Not rush into things and be careful.
13. Why does Anita want to skip school the morning Lucinda is to leave?
(a) Sam is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(b) Oscar is not going to school that day and he's her protector.
(c) Anita wants to be with Lucinda until she leaves.
(d) Anita is afraid of El Jefe.
14. What has Mrs. Mancini done to her master bedroom?
(a) Painted it bright red.
(b) Made it a haven of privacy.
(c) Made it into a hospital room.
(d) Written liberation words on the walls.
15. What does Anita overhear about the Washburns?
(a) They are in trouble with El Jefe.
(b) They have to go back to the States.
(c) They have taken refuge in the British embassy.
(d) They have lodged a protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
2. How do Anita and her mother communicate with Mundo?
3. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
4. What is Pupo supposed to do?
5. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)