|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who almost discovers Anita and her mama?
(a) One of the locals the embassy hires.
(b) The Mancini daughters.
(c) One of the clerks at the embassy.
(d) The insurrgents.
2. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
(b) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
(c) That Anita not have to go to school.
(d) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
3. Where is Anita on Thanksgiving Day?
(b) On her way back to her country.
4. What are Oscar and Sam doing?
(a) Playing chess.
(c) Playing ball.
(d) Throwing up..
5. Who comes to see Anita and Mami?
6. What do the Washburns decide to offer concerning Lucinda?
(a) Protection in the American embassy.
(b) Protection in the British consulate.
(c) A way to get Lucinda out of the country.
7. What does Anita realize the next morning?
(a) She is no longer enamored of Sam.
(b) She finds Oscar more interesting than Sam.
(c) She is going to be more on her own.
(d) She has had her first period.
8. What does Anita do after talking with Tio Pepe?
(a) Writes down everything she remembers about the weeks before Papi is arrested.
(b) Comes up with a schedule.
(c) Writes her papi.
(d) Starts drawing.
9. What does Anita's mother suggest the men do?
(a) Continue as if nothing is wrong.
(b) Not rush into things and be careful.
(c) See if the rebels have any assassination plans.
(d) See if they can get some backing from the British.
10. What does Anita decide about men?
(a) That men are bad.
(b) That men do not understand why woman fear men sometimes.
(c) That she does not like men anymore.
(d) That men should not rule the country; women would do better.
11. Who is Pupo?
(a) The head of the Army.
(b) Papi's code name.
(c) The old man who cares for the chickens and other animals at the compound.
(d) A news anchor in the city.
12. What does Anita's mother do after talking to Mr. Washburn?
(a) Writes to her parents.
(b) Enrolls her children in Catholic school.
(c) Tries to decide about returning to her home.
(d) Welcomes Mr. Washburn's girls to stay when they want.
13. For what does Anita check her uncle and father's pockets?
(a) Change to buy a soda.
(b) The pills she knows about.
(c) Evidence that they are part of the rebel forces.
(d) Letters from Lucinda.
14. Why are so many people arrested?
(a) They are trying to send a message.
(b) El Jefe's son wants to punish anyone remotely associated with the assassination.
(c) They are using El Jefe's death to get rid of the opposition.
(d) They do not know who killed El Jefe.
15. Where does Chucha get a job?
(b) With a family that was not involved in the assassination.
(c) The American embassy.
(d) She has not found one yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Anita placed in at school in New York?
2. What do Anita and Mami hear on the radio?
3. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
4. Who shoots the family dogs?
5. Who is at the Italian Embassy when Anita and her mother arrive there?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)