|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Anita upset with Sammy when she isn't invited?
(a) Sammy's eyes light up for his guest and not for Anita.
(b) Sammy does not understand her feelings about being excluded.
(c) Sammy asks Anita to constantly wait on him and his guest.
(d) Sammy is often rude to Anita when he has other company..
2. Where does Anita's family sleep?
(a) Together in one room.
(b) In a guest cabin on the property.
(c) Out on a sleeping porch as it is very hot.
(d) In two bedrooms.
3. When was school supposed to start back up again?
(a) January 9.
(b) January 15.
(c) February 1.
(d) January 3.
4. What is the weather like?
(b) There is a hurricane.
5. Where is the setting of the school?
(c) Dominican Republic.
6. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
(b) Help another girl with her lines.
(c) Repeat her last lines.
(d) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
7. How old is Susie about to turn?
8. Who understands Anita's feelings about Sammy and his friend?
(b) Anita's Papi.
(d) Anita's Mami.
9. What does Mami have Anita do after seeing the black Volkswagons?
(a) Stay at the Americans' house.
(b) Hide in the attic.
(c) Run to Tio Tony's house.
(d) Stay in her room.
10. With whom does Anita talk after going to her uncle's house?
11. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
(a) That there are only girls in the school.
(b) That religious symbols are being used in school.
(c) That the summer break is going to be much shorter this year.
(d) The climate, which they are not used to.
12. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
(b) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(c) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(d) That they are not being watched.
13. What is decided about Susie's birthday?
(a) To have a huge party.
(b) To have a joint celebration for Lucinda and Susie.
(c) To have a celebration just for family.
(d) To have a very low-key celebration.
14. Where is Tio Tony?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is in the Bronx.
(c) He is hiding in the mountains outside of Santo Domingo.
(d) He is in prison in Santo Domingo
15. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
(a) They are ruthless.
(b) They are hungry.
(c) They are the secret police.
(d) They are officious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
2. How long has Anita been out of school?
3. What does Oscar talk about concerning the country?
4. What is the code name used for the person who likes young girls as sexual objects?
5. Who is Carla?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)