|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
(a) What she writes in her journal.
(b) That she often cries herself to sleep.
(c) That she has a pet chicken.
(d) Her fondness for Sam.
2. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
(a) To buy stuff in the store.
(b) To search the property.
(c) To stay for a few days.
(d) To arrest Anita's mother.
3. What color is associated with Chucha?
4. How long has Anita been out of school?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 week.
5. When was school supposed to start back up again?
(a) January 15.
(b) February 1.
(c) January 3.
(d) January 9.
6. What is one thing Anita's mother asks Anita to do?
(a) Not mention anything political to Sammy anymore.
(b) Keep quiet about Anita's uncle.
(c) Pack a small suitcase to be ready at a moment's notice.
(d) Not hang around with Oscar anymore.
7. What makes Anita think more?
(a) Listening to the adults.
(d) Asking her teachers questions.
8. How does Anita's mother talk to Anita for the first time?
(a) As an adult.
(b) As a dissatisfied wife.
(c) As a disappointed mother.
(d) As a frightened woman.
9. What is the class preparing to do?
(a) Fly an American flag.
(b) Put on a passion play.
(c) Go trick-or-treating.
(d) Put on a Thanksgiving play.
10. What are the men in dark glasses using as an excuse to search the compound?
(a) The disappearance of Carla's family.
(b) That someone reported gun shots coming from the compound.
(c) That someone reported smoke coming from the compound.
(d) The fact that someone has made out-of-country phone calls from their home.
11. What is Anita doing when her mother comes in to talk with her?
(a) Washing the dishes.
(b) Her homework.
(c) Writing in her diary.
12. What does Anita receive for Christmas that helps her process her life?
(a) A diary.
(b) A book about the history of the Dominican Republic.
(c) A letter from her grandmother.
(d) A card from Carla.
13. What is the weather like?
(a) There is a hurricane.
14. What is the code name used for the person who likes young girls as sexual objects?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) The dictator.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) The dictator's son.
15. Who comes into the classroom?
(a) The principal.
(b) A new student who happens to be a boy.
(c) Another teacher.
(d) The nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of the school?
2. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
3. How does Anita feel when Sammy has someone visit him?
4. What is Anita inclined to say about Oscar's comments about the country?
5. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)