|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That they are not being watched.
(b) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(c) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(d) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
2. What does Anita realize about Sam?
(a) He has special talents.
(b) She wants him to be her boyfriend.
(c) He is brilliant.
(d) He has a core of wildness in him.
3. How does Anita feel when Sammy has someone visit him?
4. Where does Chucha sleep?
(a) On a pallet on the floor.
(b) On a narrow cot.
(c) In her coffin.
(d) Wherever there is space.
5. What are Carla and her siblings allowed to take?
(a) One item.
(b) Three sets of clothing.
(c) A small valise each.
(d) Only what they are wearing.
6. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
(a) They say that he has always won re-election because he is so popular.
(b) They explain that he is a dictator.
(c) They brush aside her questions.
(d) They tell her she must not ask such questions.
7. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
(a) Write openly in her diary .
(b) Talk with Sammy about anything.
(c) Go into the city.
(d) Go visit Carla.
8. How old is Susie about to turn?
9. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
(a) Her grandmother was ill and needed help.
(b) She had the chickenpox.
(c) She sprained her ankle.
(d) She had the flu.
10. How long has Anita been out of school?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 week.
11. Where is Anita when some black Volkswagons appear?
(a) Cooking something for the party.
(b) On her way to the neighbor's house.
(c) At the neighbor's house.
(d) In her room dressing for the party.
12. Where are the children allowed off the compound?
(a) No where.
(b) Anywhere as long as they walk in pairs.
(c) School and church.
13. How do the men search under the beds?
(a) By firing shots that lodge in the opposite wall.
(b) Very carefully, pulling everythng out.
(c) With Infrared lights.
(d) With their bayonets.
14. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
(a) To buy stuff in the store.
(b) To stay for a few days.
(c) To search the property.
(d) To arrest Anita's mother.
15. What does Anita hear her father talk about on the phone that she finds confusing?
(c) Boarding schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anita inclined to say about Oscar's comments about the country?
2. Who comes into the classroom?
3. What color is associated with Chucha?
4. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
5. What makes Anita think more?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)