|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chucha sleep?
(a) Wherever there is space.
(b) In her coffin.
(c) On a pallet on the floor.
(d) On a narrow cot.
2. What is Anita's response to the answer Chucha gives her about her cousins?
(a) Anita does not understand the answer.
(b) Anita thinks Chucha is getting senile.
(c) Anita thinks the Chucha is being melodramatic.
(d) Anita thinks Chucha is teasing.
3. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
(a) They help Mr. Smith smuggle rebels.
(b) They help Mr. Smith cover up evidence.
(c) They avoid Mr. Smith.
(d) They don't let their daughters out in public because of him.
4. Where does Anita's family sleep?
(a) Together in one room.
(b) In two bedrooms.
(c) Out on a sleeping porch as it is very hot.
(d) In a guest cabin on the property.
5. Who does Anita's father take to work the day after Carla leaves?
(a) No one.
(c) Anita's brother.
6. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
(a) Life will be better.
(b) Carla can come back to visit.
(c) She tells them nothing, as she does not want to give them false hope.
(d) They will be back together soon.
7. Who is Mr. Washburn?
(a) A man from the British consulate.
(b) A CIA agent.
(c) A man from the American embassy.
(d) A U.S. military officer.
8. What does Anita realize about Sam?
(a) He has special talents.
(b) He has a core of wildness in him.
(c) She wants him to be her boyfriend.
(d) He is brilliant.
9. What do Anita and Chucha look at together?
(a) The well.
(b) The henhouse.
(c) The house.
(d) The barn.
10. What does Anita help Carla do?
(a) Choose a jewelry box.
(b) Sew her name into her clothing.
(c) Wash her dresses.
(d) Sew a button on one of Carla's dresses.
11. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
(a) To mind the store.
(b) To wait for Anita's older borther to be released from prison.
(c) To see if Tio Enrique will return.
(d) To wait for Anita's older brother to get out of the military.
12. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
13. Who comes into the classroom?
(a) The principal.
(b) A new student who happens to be a boy.
(c) Another teacher.
(d) The nurse.
14. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
(b) Help another girl with her lines.
(c) Repeat her last lines.
(d) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
15. What is one thing Anita learns about their country's leader?
(a) He is hypocritical.
(b) He is cruel.
(c) He has no conscience.
(d) He is arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
2. What does Mami tell Anita and Lucinda to do?
3. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
4. What was Tio Tony involved in that makes him a wanted man?
5. What is the code name used for the person who likes young girls as sexual objects?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)