|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspects of her country and of the United States does Anita compare?.
2. What does Anita receive for Christmas that helps her process her life?
(a) A diary.
(b) A book about the history of the Dominican Republic.
(c) A letter from her grandmother.
(d) A card from Carla.
3. Who have gathered at Tio Tony's house on the night of the party?
(a) Some of the party guests.
(b) A group of men.
(c) Most of Anita's relatives.
(d) Just two of Tony's closests friends.
4. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
(a) They are ruthless.
(b) They are hungry.
(c) They are officious.
(d) They are the secret police.
5. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
(a) She tells them nothing, as she does not want to give them false hope.
(b) They will be back together soon.
(c) Carla can come back to visit.
(d) Life will be better.
6. What is Anita doing when her mother comes in to talk with her?
(a) Washing the dishes.
(c) Her homework.
(d) Writing in her diary.
7. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
(a) They help Mr. Smith smuggle rebels.
(b) They don't let their daughters out in public because of him.
(c) They avoid Mr. Smith.
(d) They help Mr. Smith cover up evidence.
8. How do the children respond to their life?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They cry.
(c) They accept the neccessity of it.
(d) They rebel and sometimes sneak out.
9. How long has Anita been out of school?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. Where does Chucha sleep?
(a) In her coffin.
(b) Wherever there is space.
(c) On a narrow cot.
(d) On a pallet on the floor.
11. How many men in dark glasses are in the Volkswagons?
12. Who comes into the classroom?
(a) The principal.
(b) Another teacher.
(c) A new student who happens to be a boy.
(d) The nurse.
13. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
(a) To search the property.
(b) To stay for a few days.
(c) To buy stuff in the store.
(d) To arrest Anita's mother.
14. Where is the setting of the school?
(d) Dominican Republic.
15. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
(a) To see if he has secretly returned.
(b) To feed his cat.
(c) To see if he left any clues about where he is..
(d) To check out something she wonders about.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anita upset with Sammy when she isn't invited?
2. What worries Anita?
3. How old is Susie about to turn?
4. What are the men in dark glasses using as an excuse to search the compound?
5. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)