|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mami tell Anita and Lucinda to do?
(a) Flee out the back door.
(b) Get Chucha and go to the store.
(c) To keep quiet.
(d) Stay together.
2. What is the class preparing to do?
(a) Put on a Thanksgiving play.
(b) Fly an American flag.
(c) Go trick-or-treating.
(d) Put on a passion play.
3. What is Anita doing when her mother comes in to talk with her?
(a) Washing the dishes.
(b) Her homework.
(d) Writing in her diary.
4. Who understands Anita's feelings about Sammy and his friend?
(c) Anita's Mami.
(d) Anita's Papi.
5. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
(a) They will be back together soon.
(b) Carla can come back to visit.
(c) Life will be better.
(d) She tells them nothing, as she does not want to give them false hope.
6. Who comes over to spend time with Sammy?
(b) Sammy's second cousin.
(d) No one.
7. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
(a) To see if he left any clues about where he is..
(b) To feed his cat.
(c) To see if he has secretly returned.
(d) To check out something she wonders about.
8. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
(a) Her grandmother was ill and needed help.
(b) She had the flu.
(c) She sprained her ankle.
(d) She had the chickenpox.
9. Besides Oscar, who helps Anita see their leader in a different light?
(a) Her Tio Jose.
(b) Her Papi.
10. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
(a) To stay for a few days.
(b) To search the property.
(c) To buy stuff in the store.
(d) To arrest Anita's mother.
11. What worries Anita?
(a) That her cousins will not have gotten out of the country yet.
(b) That their father will be killed.
(c) That the men will hurt her mother.
(d) That they are going to go to prison.
12. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
(a) Go into the city.
(b) Talk with Sammy about anything.
(c) Write openly in her diary .
(d) Go visit Carla.
13. How long has Anita been out of school?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 week.
14. What are the men in dark glasses using as an excuse to search the compound?
(a) That someone reported gun shots coming from the compound.
(b) The disappearance of Carla's family.
(c) The fact that someone has made out-of-country phone calls from their home.
(d) That someone reported smoke coming from the compound.
15. What is the code name used for the person who likes young girls as sexual objects?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) The dictator's son.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) The dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who have gathered at Tio Tony's house on the night of the party?
2. What makes Anita think more?
3. What happens when word is taken to Tony's house that Mr. Smith's friends are there?
4. For how long has Anita's country had the same leader?
5. What aspects of her country and of the United States does Anita compare?.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)