|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Anita's mother insist?
(a) That they make everything look as normal as possible.
(b) That Anita not tell anyone about her period.
(c) That Anita not have to go to school.
(d) That Lucinda wear decent clothing for her travels.
2. Why is Anita upset with Sammy when she isn't invited?
(a) Sammy asks Anita to constantly wait on him and his guest.
(b) Sammy is often rude to Anita when he has other company..
(c) Sammy's eyes light up for his guest and not for Anita.
(d) Sammy does not understand her feelings about being excluded.
3. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
(a) To see if he left any clues about where he is..
(b) To feed his cat.
(c) To check out something she wonders about.
(d) To see if he has secretly returned.
4. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
(a) They tell her she must not ask such questions.
(b) They say that he has always won re-election because he is so popular.
(c) They explain that he is a dictator.
(d) They brush aside her questions.
5. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is planning their escape.
(b) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(c) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
(d) She is terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the class preparing to do?
2. What does Anita help Carla do?
3. What does Anita receive for Christmas that helps her process her life?
4. What is Anita beginning to have a hard time doing?
5. What topics do Sammy, Anita and Sammy's visitor discuss?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)