|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when word is taken to Tony's house that Mr. Smith's friends are there?
(a) Nothing because Tony has already been smuggled into the United States.
(b) Tony goes down a trap door in the cellar.
(c) Tony runs and hides in the Americans' home.
(d) Everyone disperses.
2. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
(a) They explain that he is a dictator.
(b) They brush aside her questions.
(c) They say that he has always won re-election because he is so popular.
(d) They tell her she must not ask such questions.
3. What does Anita worry about concerning the problem in question 126?
(a) She didn't love Lucinda as much as she thought.
(b) She is going insane.
(c) She is going to be so tired, she'll say the wrong thing.
(d) She will not be motivated to do anything.
4. What does Anita realize about their Mami when they are waiting for Papi?
(a) She is planning their escape.
(b) She is proud of her husband and the other men.
(c) She is angry that Papi went to do this.
(d) She is terrified.
5. How does Anita feel every time she starts to write Oscar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to see Anita and Mami?
2. What does Chucha do for Anita?
3. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
4. Who is/are arrested?
5. What does the teacher tell the students at school?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)