|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary and Analysis For Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tio Tony?
(a) He is in prison in Santo Domingo
(b) He is hiding in the mountains outside of Santo Domingo.
(c) He is in the Bronx.
(d) He is missing.
2. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
(a) They won't be able to celebrate it this year.
(b) It is the same day as Lucinda's birthday.
(c) They always skip celebrating that year's birthday because of superstition.
(d) It is an important one in the Dominican Republic.
3. What is one thing Anita's mother asks Anita to do?
(a) Pack a small suitcase to be ready at a moment's notice.
(b) Not mention anything political to Sammy anymore.
(c) Not hang around with Oscar anymore.
(d) Keep quiet about Anita's uncle.
4. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(a) Almost Thanksgiving.
5. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
(a) They brush aside her questions.
(b) They tell her she must not ask such questions.
(c) They explain that he is a dictator.
(d) They say that he has always won re-election because he is so popular.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
2. Who comes over to spend time with Sammy?
3. What color is associated with Chucha?
4. What does Anita learn about their new housekeeper?
5. What is one topic Anita and her mother discuss?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)