|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
(a) It's a school for Americans.
(b) They do not celebrate American holidays.
(c) The students closely identify with the United States.
(d) There is one American student who it.
2. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
(a) What she writes in her journal.
(b) Her fondness for Sam.
(c) That she often cries herself to sleep.
(d) That she has a pet chicken.
3. What is Anita's response to the answer Chucha gives her about her cousins?
(a) Anita thinks the Chucha is being melodramatic.
(b) Anita does not understand the answer.
(c) Anita thinks Chucha is teasing.
(d) Anita thinks Chucha is getting senile.
4. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(b) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(c) That they are not being watched.
(d) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
5. How do the children respond to their life?
(a) They accept the neccessity of it.
(b) They are bored.
(c) They rebel and sometimes sneak out.
(d) They cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Volkswagons does Anita see coming up the driveway?
2. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
3. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
4. Why is school not opening on time?
5. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)