|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
(a) It is the same day as Lucinda's birthday.
(b) They always skip celebrating that year's birthday because of superstition.
(c) It is an important one in the Dominican Republic.
(d) They won't be able to celebrate it this year.
2. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
(a) To leave each other.
(b) To attend different schools.
(c) To choose items for the valise.
(d) To travel so far by train.
3. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
(a) She had the chickenpox.
(b) She sprained her ankle.
(c) She had the flu.
(d) Her grandmother was ill and needed help.
4. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
(a) They say that he has always won re-election because he is so popular.
(b) They brush aside her questions.
(c) They explain that he is a dictator.
(d) They tell her she must not ask such questions.
5. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) The classroom is very noisy.
(b) To talk in privacy.
(c) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
(d) So the students can go on with their classwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Anita learns about their country's leader?
2. Why does Anita write with a pencil at times?
3. What is one thing Anita's mother asks Anita to do?
4. What is significant about Anita's family?
5. What does Anita help Carla do?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)