|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(b) That they are not being watched.
(c) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(d) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
2. Where does Anita's family sleep?
(a) In two bedrooms.
(b) Together in one room.
(c) In a guest cabin on the property.
(d) Out on a sleeping porch as it is very hot.
3. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
(a) Carla can come back to visit.
(b) She tells them nothing, as she does not want to give them false hope.
(c) Life will be better.
(d) They will be back together soon.
4. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
(b) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
(c) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(d) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
5. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
(a) That religious symbols are being used in school.
(b) That there are only girls in the school.
(c) The climate, which they are not used to.
(d) That the summer break is going to be much shorter this year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda say the men know about their cousins?
2. What does Anita help Carla do?
3. Where is Tio Tony?
4. How many Volkswagons does Anita see coming up the driveway?
5. Who is Chucha?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)