|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
(a) She had the chickenpox.
(b) She had the flu.
(c) Her grandmother was ill and needed help.
(d) She sprained her ankle.
2. How long has Anita been out of school?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 weeks.
3. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
(b) The classroom is very noisy.
(c) To talk in privacy.
(d) So the students can go on with their classwork.
4. Where is the setting of the school?
(a) Dominican Republic.
5. What does Lucinda say the men know about their cousins?
(a) Where the cousins are.
(c) That they are out of this country, but not yet at their destination.
(d) That the cousins have been arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita help Carla do?
2. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
3. How many men in dark glasses are in the Volkswagons?
4. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
5. What worries Anita?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)