|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chucha sleep?
(a) In her coffin.
(b) Wherever there is space.
(c) On a pallet on the floor.
(d) On a narrow cot.
2. What does Anita ask Chucha about her cousins?
(a) If they are safe.
(b) If she will ever see them again.
(c) Where they are.
(d) Why they are gone.
3. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(d) Almost Thanksgiving.
4. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
(b) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
(c) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(d) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
5. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
(a) Help the new boy find the correct classroom.
(b) Continue her presentation.
(c) Help Carla practice her lines.
(d) Help Carla pack her belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anita's father take to work the day after Carla leaves?
2. Who is the other person who comes into the classroom?
3. Who is Mr. Washburn?
4. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
5. What are Carla and her siblings allowed to take?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)