|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anita's father take to work the day after Carla leaves?
(c) Anita's brother.
(d) No one.
2. Who is Mr. Washburn?
(a) A man from the American embassy.
(b) A CIA agent.
(c) A U.S. military officer.
(d) A man from the British consulate.
3. Where is the setting of the school?
(d) Dominican Republic.
4. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) The classroom is very noisy.
(b) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
(c) To talk in privacy.
(d) So the students can go on with their classwork.
5. What worries Anita?
(a) That her cousins will not have gotten out of the country yet.
(b) That they are going to go to prison.
(c) That the men will hurt her mother.
(d) That their father will be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men search under the beds?
2. What does Chucha often see in her dreams?
3. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
4. What does Anita hear her father talk about on the phone that she finds confusing?
5. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)