|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucinda take Anita to talk to her?
(a) To the basement.
(b) To the attic.
(c) Nowhere; it's not safe to talk to someone so young.
2. Who is Carla?
(a) Anita's cousin.
(b) Anita's older sister.
(c) Anita's younger sister.
(d) A new girl who just started school the day before.
3. Who is the other person who comes into the classroom?
(a) Anita's mother.
(b) The new boy's mother.
(c) Carla's mother.
(d) The new boy's father.
4. How do the men search under the beds?
(a) With Infrared lights.
(b) By firing shots that lodge in the opposite wall.
(c) Very carefully, pulling everythng out.
(d) With their bayonets.
5. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
(b) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(c) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
(d) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Volkswagons does Anita see coming up the driveway?
2. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
3. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
4. What does Anita help Carla do?
5. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)