|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
(a) They think something is wrong with Anita's mother.
(b) It is interrupting their practice time.
(c) The last time it happened, one student left and never came back.
(d) It is almost time for recess, but they can't leave until the teacher dismisses them.
2. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
3. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
(a) That the summer break is going to be much shorter this year.
(b) That religious symbols are being used in school.
(c) The climate, which they are not used to.
(d) That there are only girls in the school.
4. Why does Anita's father say they have to stay?
(a) To mind the store.
(b) To wait for Anita's older brother to get out of the military.
(c) To see if Tio Enrique will return.
(d) To wait for Anita's older borther to be released from prison.
5. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Help another girl with her lines.
(b) Repeat her last lines.
(c) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
(d) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
2. What are Carla and her siblings sent to do?
3. What is the weather like?
4. What color is associated with Chucha?
5. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)