|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) The classroom is very noisy.
(b) To talk in privacy.
(c) So the students can go on with their classwork.
(d) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
2. What is Anita's response to the answer Chucha gives her about her cousins?
(a) Anita thinks Chucha is teasing.
(b) Anita thinks the Chucha is being melodramatic.
(c) Anita thinks Chucha is getting senile.
(d) Anita does not understand the answer.
3. What does Anita help Carla do?
(a) Choose a jewelry box.
(b) Sew a button on one of Carla's dresses.
(c) Sew her name into her clothing.
(d) Wash her dresses.
4. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(a) Almost Thanksgiving.
5. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
2. What color is associated with Chucha?
3. What are the men in dark glasses using as an excuse to search the compound?
4. What does Anita ask Chucha about her cousins?
5. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)