|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
(b) To talk in privacy.
(c) The classroom is very noisy.
(d) So the students can go on with their classwork.
2. Who does Anita's father take to work the day after Carla leaves?
(a) Anita's brother.
(c) No one.
3. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Help another girl with her lines.
(b) Repeat her last lines.
(c) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
(d) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
4. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(b) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(c) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
(d) That they are not being watched.
5. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
(b) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
(c) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
(d) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
2. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
3. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
4. Where is the setting of the school?
5. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)