|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
(a) She had the chickenpox.
(b) She had the flu.
(c) She sprained her ankle.
(d) Her grandmother was ill and needed help.
2. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
(a) There is one American student who it.
(b) It's a school for Americans.
(c) The students closely identify with the United States.
(d) They do not celebrate American holidays.
3. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(c) Almost Thanksgiving.
4. Who does Anita's father take to work the day after Carla leaves?
(b) Anita's brother.
(c) No one.
5. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(b) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(c) That they are not being watched.
(d) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Anita been out of school?
2. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
3. Who is the other person who comes into the classroom?
4. What color is associated with Chucha?
5. What is the weather like?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)