|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita ask Chucha about her cousins?
(a) Why they are gone.
(b) If she will ever see them again.
(c) If they are safe.
(d) Where they are.
2. Who is the other person who comes into the classroom?
(a) The new boy's father.
(b) Carla's mother.
(c) Anita's mother.
(d) The new boy's mother.
3. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(c) Almost Thanksgiving.
4. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
(a) Help Carla pack her belongings.
(b) Continue her presentation.
(c) Help the new boy find the correct classroom.
(d) Help Carla practice her lines.
5. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Repeat her last lines.
(b) Help another girl with her lines.
(c) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
(d) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Anita's family?
2. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
3. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
4. What does Anita hear her father talk about on the phone that she finds confusing?
5. Where is the setting of the school?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)