|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita's papi explain to Anita?
(a) That she must go with Carla to the United Sates.
(b) That Carla's family has to go into hiding.
(c) That Anita's mother and Anita must go to the United States.
(d) That Carla's family has received permission to leave the country.
2. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
(b) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(c) That they are not being watched.
(d) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
3. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
(a) Continue her presentation.
(b) Help the new boy find the correct classroom.
(c) Help Carla pack her belongings.
(d) Help Carla practice her lines.
4. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Help another girl with her lines.
(b) Repeat her last lines.
(c) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
(d) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
5. Where does Anita's family sleep?
(a) Out on a sleeping porch as it is very hot.
(b) In two bedrooms.
(c) Together in one room.
(d) In a guest cabin on the property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mami tell Anita and Lucinda to do?
2. How many men in dark glasses are in the Volkswagons?
3. What does Lucinda say the men know about their cousins?
4. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
5. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)