|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anita's response to the answer Chucha gives her about her cousins?
(a) Anita thinks Chucha is teasing.
(b) Anita thinks Chucha is getting senile.
(c) Anita does not understand the answer.
(d) Anita thinks the Chucha is being melodramatic.
2. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
(a) To arrest Anita's mother.
(b) To stay for a few days.
(c) To search the property.
(d) To buy stuff in the store.
3. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(b) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
(c) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
(d) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
4. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
(b) The classroom is very noisy.
(c) To talk in privacy.
(d) So the students can go on with their classwork.
5. What is she to tell the students about her absence?
(a) She had the flu.
(b) She had the chickenpox.
(c) She sprained her ankle.
(d) Her grandmother was ill and needed help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita ask Chucha about her cousins?
2. What worries Anita?
3. Where does Chucha sleep?
4. What does Lucinda say the men know about their cousins?
5. How old is Mr. Washburn's son?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)