|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men search under the beds?
(a) With their bayonets.
(b) Very carefully, pulling everythng out.
(c) With Infrared lights.
(d) By firing shots that lodge in the opposite wall.
2. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(a) Almost Thanksgiving.
3. Where does Chucha sleep?
(a) In her coffin.
(b) On a narrow cot.
(c) Wherever there is space.
(d) On a pallet on the floor.
4. What is the weather like?
(c) There is a hurricane.
5. What is significant about Anita's family?
(a) They are the most wealthy of the families that live in the compound.
(b) They are the only family left who has lived in the compound.
(c) They have not sought permission to enter the U.S.
(d) They are not from the Dominican Republic originally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lucinda take Anita to talk to her?
2. What does Lucinda say the men know about their cousins?
3. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
4. What color is associated with Chucha?
5. What are Carla and her siblings sent to do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)