|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucinda take Anita to talk to her?
(a) Nowhere; it's not safe to talk to someone so young.
(c) To the attic.
(d) To the basement.
2. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
(a) They avoid Mr. Smith.
(b) They help Mr. Smith cover up evidence.
(c) They help Mr. Smith smuggle rebels.
(d) They don't let their daughters out in public because of him.
3. What is Anita's response to the answer Chucha gives her about her cousins?
(a) Anita thinks Chucha is getting senile.
(b) Anita does not understand the answer.
(c) Anita thinks the Chucha is being melodramatic.
(d) Anita thinks Chucha is teasing.
4. Where is Tio Tony?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is in the Bronx.
(c) He is hiding in the mountains outside of Santo Domingo.
(d) He is in prison in Santo Domingo
5. What topics do Sammy, Anita and Sammy's visitor discuss?
(c) Community and politics.
(d) Moving to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chucha sleep?
2. What happens when Anita asks adults about her country's leader?
3. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
4. What is one thing Anita's mother asks Anita to do?
5. Where does Anita's family sleep?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)