|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
(a) That the the family is being watched for their well being.
(b) That they are not being watched.
(c) That they have no idea where their cousins are.
(d) That the men who are watcing them are harmless.
2. Where are the children allowed off the compound?
(a) Anywhere as long as they walk in pairs.
(c) School and church.
(d) No where.
3. What are the men in dark glasses using as an excuse to search the compound?
(a) That someone reported smoke coming from the compound.
(b) The disappearance of Carla's family.
(c) That someone reported gun shots coming from the compound.
(d) The fact that someone has made out-of-country phone calls from their home.
4. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
(a) To see if he left any clues about where he is..
(b) To check out something she wonders about.
(c) To see if he has secretly returned.
(d) To feed his cat.
5. When was school supposed to start back up again?
(a) January 15.
(b) January 9.
(c) February 1.
(d) January 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anita doing when her mother comes in to talk with her?
2. What color is associated with Chucha?
3. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
4. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
5. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)