|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita spend more time in the bathroom these days?
(a) To have a private place to write in her journal.
(b) To make herself attractive.
(c) To write private letters to Carla.
(d) To hide her crying.
2. How does Anita's mother talk to Anita for the first time?
(a) As an adult.
(b) As a dissatisfied wife.
(c) As a disappointed mother.
(d) As a frightened woman.
3. What doesn't feel right to some of the students?
(a) That religious symbols are being used in school.
(b) That there are only girls in the school.
(c) That the summer break is going to be much shorter this year.
(d) The climate, which they are not used to.
4. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
(a) Talk with Sammy about anything.
(b) Write openly in her diary .
(c) Go visit Carla.
(d) Go into the city.
5. Where are the children allowed off the compound?
(a) School and church.
(c) Anywhere as long as they walk in pairs.
(d) No where.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Carla and her siblings sent to do?
2. What is Anita inclined to say about Oscar's comments about the country?
3. Why does Anita write with a pencil at times?
4. What aspects of her country and of the United States does Anita compare?.
5. What does Mami tell Anita and Lucinda to do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)