|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
(a) She tells them nothing, as she does not want to give them false hope.
(b) They will be back together soon.
(c) Carla can come back to visit.
(d) Life will be better.
2. What is another name for Mr. Smith?
(a) The Loco.
(c) El Patron.
(d) El Jefe.
3. What are Carla and her siblings allowed to take?
(a) Three sets of clothing.
(b) Only what they are wearing.
(c) A small valise each.
(d) One item.
4. Why does Anita's mother say she and Anita's father are staying in the Dominican Republic?
(a) To fight against the things that are wrong.
(b) For Anita's father to run for public office.
(c) To wait for Anita's mother to give birth.
(d) To try to sell the business.
5. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
(c) Almost Thanksgiving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tio Tony involved in that makes him a wanted man?
2. How does Anita feel when Sammy has someone visit him?
3. What worries Anita?
4. What is Anita inclined to say about Oscar's comments about the country?
5. Why is school not opening on time?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)