|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
(a) To talk in privacy.
(b) So the students can go on with their classwork.
(c) So the teacher can show the new boy his correct classroom.
(d) The classroom is very noisy.
2. What does Lucinda say the men know about their cousins?
(a) That they are out of this country, but not yet at their destination.
(b) Where the cousins are.
(c) That the cousins have been arrested.
3. What is Anita doing when her mother comes in to talk with her?
(a) Her homework.
(b) Washing the dishes.
(d) Writing in her diary.
4. Where are Anita's grandparents?
(a) San Cristobal
(c) New York.
(d) La Romana
5. What does Mami have Anita do after seeing the black Volkswagons?
(a) Stay in her room.
(b) Run to Tio Tony's house.
(c) Hide in the attic.
(d) Stay at the Americans' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anita's mother talk to Anita for the first time?
2. What is Chucha's opinion about these men?
3. What is one thing that makes Anita realize Oscar is right about their country?
4. Who does Anita's father take to work the day after Carla leaves?
5. What is the code name used for the person who likes young girls as sexual objects?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)