|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anita's family sleep?
(a) In a guest cabin on the property.
(b) Out on a sleeping porch as it is very hot.
(c) Together in one room.
(d) In two bedrooms.
2. What does Oscar talk about concerning the country?
(a) Its noble history.
(b) The lack of a good educational system.
(c) The class structure that keeps people poor.
(d) Freeing it.
3. Why does Anita write with a pencil at times?
(a) Carla's family moves constantly, so she writes their address in pencil.
(b) She is not good at math and frequently has to erase her work.
(c) Some times it is the only writing instrument in the house.
(d) So she can quickly erase.
4. What does Anita's papi explain to Anita?
(a) That she must go with Carla to the United Sates.
(b) That Anita's mother and Anita must go to the United States.
(c) That Carla's family has received permission to leave the country.
(d) That Carla's family has to go into hiding.
5. Why do many people come to the compound?
(a) To seek advice.
(b) To bring their stories to Anita's father who is to run for public office.
(c) To spruce up the place for the party.
(d) For protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Anita's country had the same leader?
2. Who is Carla?
3. Why does Anita go to her uncle's house?
4. What makes Anita think more?
5. What is one topic Anita and her mother discuss?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)