|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chucha sleep?
(a) On a pallet on the floor.
(b) Wherever there is space.
(c) In her coffin.
(d) On a narrow cot.
2. What does Lucinda tell Susie about her upcoming birthday?
(a) They always skip celebrating that year's birthday because of superstition.
(b) They won't be able to celebrate it this year.
(c) It is an important one in the Dominican Republic.
(d) It is the same day as Lucinda's birthday.
3. What does Chucha tell the children to pretend?
(a) That good will soon happen.
(b) That they haven't seen anyone.
(c) That they can leave when they want to.
(d) That they live in the United States.
4. What does Anita's mother say Anita can do again when they are free?
(a) Go into the city.
(b) Write openly in her diary .
(c) Talk with Sammy about anything.
(d) Go visit Carla.
5. What was Tio Tony involved in that makes him a wanted man?
(a) A plot to overthrow the dictator.
(b) A plot to undermine land reform.
(c) Nothing; he has been unjustly accused.
(d) A gold heist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that makes Anita realize Oscar is right about their country?
2. Why is school not opening on time?
3. What time of year is it when the novel opens?
4. What does Papi tell the family to pretend?
5. What does Oscar talk about concerning the country?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)