|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when word is taken to Tony's house that Mr. Smith's friends are there?
(a) Tony runs and hides in the Americans' home.
(b) Nothing because Tony has already been smuggled into the United States.
(c) Tony goes down a trap door in the cellar.
(d) Everyone disperses.
2. What does Anita realize when she looks inside?
(a) Her uncle is there.
(b) Her cousin who went away with her uncle.
(c) The chickens are almost as cowed as the humans.
(d) The well is drying.
3. What does the teacher tell Carla to do?
(a) Help another girl with her lines.
(b) Pack everything she owns, not just the necessities.
(c) Write a list of all the props needed for the play.
(d) Repeat her last lines.
4. Why do they celebrate American holidays?
(a) The students closely identify with the United States.
(b) It's a school for Americans.
(c) They do not celebrate American holidays.
(d) There is one American student who it.
5. What color is associated with Chucha?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita ask Chucha about her cousins?
2. Who is Carla?
3. Why are the students unsettled about the visitors to the classroom?
4. Who understands Anita's feelings about Sammy and his friend?
5. What is one thing that makes Anita realize Oscar is right about their country?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)