|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
(a) They help Mr. Smith smuggle rebels.
(b) They don't let their daughters out in public because of him.
(c) They help Mr. Smith cover up evidence.
(d) They avoid Mr. Smith.
2. What does the teacher tell Anita to do?
(a) Help Carla pack her belongings.
(b) Help the new boy find the correct classroom.
(c) Help Carla practice her lines.
(d) Continue her presentation.
3. Where does Chucha sleep?
(a) In her coffin.
(b) On a narrow cot.
(c) Wherever there is space.
(d) On a pallet on the floor.
4. What does Anita learn about their new housekeeper?
(a) She is from the city.
(b) She is only 17 years old.
(c) She is a spy.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What do Carla and Anita find difficult?
(a) To attend different schools.
(b) To travel so far by train.
(c) To choose items for the valise.
(d) To leave each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in the Volkwagons want?
2. Why do the teacher and the two visitors step into the hallway?
3. What does Mami tell Anita and Carla to make them feel better?
4. How do the children respond to their life?
5. What is Anita inclined to say about Oscar's comments about the country?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)