|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like?
(d) There is a hurricane.
2. Where does Anita's family sleep?
(a) In a guest cabin on the property.
(b) In two bedrooms.
(c) Together in one room.
(d) Out on a sleeping porch as it is very hot.
3. What does Anita receive for Christmas that helps her process her life?
(a) A letter from her grandmother.
(b) A card from Carla.
(c) A book about the history of the Dominican Republic.
(d) A diary.
4. What worries Anita?
(a) That their father will be killed.
(b) That the men will hurt her mother.
(c) That they are going to go to prison.
(d) That her cousins will not have gotten out of the country yet.
5. What makes Anita think more?
(b) Asking her teachers questions.
(c) Listening to the adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influence does Mr. Smith have on the behavior of some of the families?
2. What do Anita and Chucha look at together?
3. What does Anita not want her family to discover?
4. What is Anita doing when her mother comes in to talk with her?
5. Where does Lucinda take Anita to talk to her?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)