|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many roses does Sam buy for Juliet on Day 6?
2. How old was Sam when her grandmother died?
3. On Day 4, what is the name of the guy who gives Sam a makeover at the mall?
4. What color nail polish is Lindsay wearing on Day 6?
5. On Day 6 when Juliet comes to Kent's party, where does Sam take her to talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Day 4, who does Sam run into after school and what do they suggest they do together?
2. On Day 6, how does Sam feel when she sees Kent at the party talking to Phoebe Rifer?
3. On Day 5, what are some things that Sam wishes she can do in her life?
4. How does Kent's party end on Day 4 for Sam?
5. What happens when there is a car accident on Day 5?
6. What happens when Ms. Winters finds Sam in the bathroom on Day 4?
7. What does Sam remember on Day 5 about her grandmother who died?
8. What does Sam do in Mr. Tierney's class on Day 6?
9. What is Sam doing on Day 6 as Lindsay drives up to Kent's house?
10. What did Sam pack when she ran away after her parents would not buy her a purple bike with a flowered basket.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam is part of a popular clique in her high school. What does Sam believe popularity is and why does she think that popularity is not something that can be defined?
Essay Topic 2
On Day 6, Sam decides to do only good things. How well does Sam succeed at being good and doing good things?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Oliver describes some characters more thoroughly than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)