|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when she skips classes on Day 4?
2. What color bike die Sam want her parents to buy for her before Izzy was born?
3. What type of muffins did Sam's grandmother used to bake?
4. How long was Sam gone the first time she ran away?
5. What is Sam's father cooking for breakfast on Day 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Day 6, where does Sam go and what does she do when she gets to school?
2. On Day 4, what does Lindsay do while they are driving to school and she and Sam fight?
3. What does Sam remember on Day 5 about her grandmother who died?
4. What do Sam and Anna do and trade on Day 4?
5. What does Sam hear as she dreams at the beginning of Day 6?
6. On Day 4, who does Sam run into after school and what do they suggest they do together?
7. How does Sam describe Lindsay on Day 6?
8. What is Sam doing on Day 6 as Lindsay drives up to Kent's house?
9. How does Sam describe Juliet's house?
10. What does Sam do after Mr. Daimler's class on Day 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On Day 5, Sam believes that she has discovered the reason why she is reliving the same day over and over again. What does Sam believe is the reason that she is reliving Cupid Day? Why does she believe that helping Juliet would prove that she is ready to move on?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Oliver describes some characters more thoroughly than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 3
Lindsay seems to be strong and unflappable. What vulnerabilities are revealed about Lindsay and what do those vulnerabilities reveal about her character?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)