|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Day 3, what do Lindsay and Elody deck themselves out in at Ally's?
2. How did two guys kill themselves when Thomas Jefferson was called Suicide High?
3. What grade was Sam in when Rob Cokran said she was too big of a dork for him to go out with?
4. On Day 3, what time does the phone ring at Ally's?
5. When did Elody move to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Day 3, what do Lindsay and Sam have at TCBY?
2. What sounds can Sam hear when she wakes on Day 3?
3. How does Sam feel on Day 2 when she gets a text from Lindsay and she realizes the date is February 12?
4. On Day 2, what are some things that Sam says she and her friends do not talk about?
5. On Day 1 during fifth period, what are the Cupids wearing who deliver Valograms to Sam's calculus class?
6. What days of the year do Lindsay, Ally, Elody, and Sam dress alike?
7. What excuse does Sam give her friends for not wanting to go to the party on Day 3?
8. In the Prologue, what does Sam think she would like to remember right before she dies?
9. How does the accident happen on Day 1 where Sam is killed?
10. How does Sam describe her sister Izzy on Day 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam sacrifices herself for Juliet at the end of the novel. Why does Sam decide to sacrifice herself for Juliet, and what role does her sacrifice play in Sam’s redemption?
Essay Topic 2
On Day 5, Sam stays home from school and asks if Izzy can stay with her. How is the fact that Sam wants company unusual? How has Sam’s experiences repeating Cupid Day caused her to feel differently about being alone than she has in the past?
Essay Topic 3
On Day 5, Sam believes that she has discovered the reason why she is reliving the same day over and over again. What does Sam believe is the reason that she is reliving Cupid Day? Why does she believe that helping Juliet would prove that she is ready to move on?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)