Prologue to Day 1
• In the Prologue, Sam talks about dying and how your life is supposed to flash before your eyes.
• She says that is not how it happened for her.
• Instead of reliving her happiest moments, Sam saw the face of Vicky Hallinan, a girl she and Lindsay used to tease in fourth grade.
• Sam remembers how she and her friends were in a car talking about dying.
• Suddenly, Lindsay sees something in front of the car and she swerves.
• The car goes off the road and into the woods.
• Then Sam remembers nothing.
• Sam’s last day begins like most days.
• Her friend Lindsay honks her horn as she waits to drive Sam to school.
• Izzy, Sam’s sister, hands Sam her gloves.
• It is cold outside, but it is a sunny day.
• Lindsay is smoking, and she hands Sam coffee and a sesame bagel from...
This section contains 5,022 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)