|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
2. Where will Laurent and Tristan sleep?
3. Which of the following do the rescuers tell Tristan and Laurent to do?
4. How does Laurent feel about the rape he experiences?
5. Which of the following suggests that Beauty has found the ability to love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is point of view significant to Beauty's Release? Compare and contrast the two perspectives from which the novel is told - Laurent's first person point of view and Beauty's third person limited point of view.
Essay Topic 2
Is there a moral in Beauty's Release? If so, what is it ? How did you arrive at this conclusion? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the following parts of the story: climax, resolution, introduction, development, and rising action. Explain which part of the novel represents each part of the story, as well as why each part is significant to the plot or character development.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)