|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the area where the slaves are led and begins surveying them?
2. Which of the following people is with the rescuers?
3. Beauty finds out that she is being released to _______.
4. To whom will Beauty belong?
5. According to Tristan, who is disturbing the order at the sultanate?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one motif, reoccurring item, idea, character, or theme, that you think is significant to the plot or character development in the novel. Explain why this motif is significant and why you think it is important to point this motif out.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the theme of punishment in the novel. How does punishment relate to Laurent and Beauty, the main characters? How does each character experience punishment? How and why do these punishments differ?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the sultan. How does he treat Laurent, Tristan, and others around him? Is this what you expected? Why or why not? What was your final impression of the sultan, and how did it differ from your first impression of him? Why?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)