|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laurent feel when he is on the cross?
2. What happens to Lexius when he is bound to the cross?
3. Who does Beauty hope will speak to her and punish her?
4. Who motions for Laurent to follow him?
5. When the sultan explores the welts on Laurent's back, how does Laurent feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does irony play in Beauty's Release? Why is the queen's punishment that is inflicted on the slaves when they return ironic?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of decision as a theme. Discuss what makes decision a theme in the novel. Explain which decisions are most significant in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
On their way back from the sultan's palace, it becomes evident that Tristan, Beauty, and Laurent have each taken something back with them. Explain what each character learned, how that lesson came to them, and how the lesson helped or hurt them later on.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)