|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tristan, who is disturbing the order at the sultanate?
2. Which of the following punishments is supposed to be the most severe?
3. Where do the lords carry Beauty when they find her?
4. How does Laurent feel about Beauty returning to her realm?
5. Which character makes the decision to change his or her destiny and give up his or her master status?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one motif, reoccurring item, idea, character, or theme, that you think is significant to the plot or character development in the novel. Explain why this motif is significant and why you think it is important to point this motif out.
Essay Topic 2
What role does irony play in Beauty's Release? Why is the queen's punishment that is inflicted on the slaves when they return ironic?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the sexualized, genderized, and class-based society in which Beauty and the rest of the characters live. How does this society differ from the society in which you live? Make three comparisons. Point out three differences.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)