|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurent and Beauty both anticipate that they will be __________.
2. What is Tristan's fate when the slaves are appraised?
3. What is Beauty's reaction to seeing Laurent again?
4. Which of the following is petitioning for Beauty's hand in marriage?
5. What is the name of the groom in charge of Tristan and Laurent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and analyze the tone of Beauty's Release. What elements create this tone? Consider diction, character development, dialogue, syntax, and figurative language.
Essay Topic 2
Describe sexual suppression as it appears in the novel. Which characters are sexually suppressed and how? Why is this theme significant?
Essay Topic 3
Which character ends up in the most ideal situation by the end of the novel, in terms of the happiness as the characters see it? Use at least one citation from the novel to back up your opinion.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)