|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter where Beauty is picked up by the lords, what can the reader assume?
2. What has Beauty learned to be?
3. On their way to the gardens, what do four men carry toward Laurent and Tristan?
4. In which relationship is Laurent able to be the master?
5. Where does Laurent's rape occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of decision as a theme. Discuss what makes decision a theme in the novel. Explain which decisions are most significant in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Beauty, Tristan, and Laurent each discuss different types of love. Describe these three types of love that the characters describe. Why is love a universal theme in the novel in spite of the prevalence of sexuality and punishment?
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the novel, is the reader supposed to be convinced that there is a happy ending for all the characters? Why or why not? Find at least two supporting arguments to back up your opinion.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)