|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Lexius sentenced to work in the kitchen?
2. Which of the following suggests that Beauty has found the ability to love?
3. When Laurent and Tristan play a game with the sultan and Lexius, who wins most of the rounds?
4. Which pair agrees to be secret lovers?
5. What does Beauty tell her potential husband to stand on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one motif, reoccurring item, idea, character, or theme, that you think is significant to the plot or character development in the novel. Explain why this motif is significant and why you think it is important to point this motif out.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a classic and traditional fairy tale that you know well. Compare Beauty's Release to this fairy tale. Find at least three comparisons and three juxtapositions. Point out parallels present in both tales and whether the moral message is the same.
Essay Topic 3
Describe sexual suppression as it appears in the novel. Which characters are sexually suppressed and how? Why is this theme significant?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)