Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
2. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
3. When Laurent and Tristan play a game with the sultan and Lexius, who wins most of the rounds?
4. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
5. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
Essay Topic 1
How does the novel's casual tone juxtapose the sadistic events and characters? Discuss and analyze this juxtaposition as well as what effect this juxtaposition has on the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the diction that Rice uses in her work. How does diction create a unique representation of plot, character, and setting? Use at least three examples of diction to describe why it is so significant to the story.
Essay Topic 3
How is point of view significant to Beauty's Release? Compare and contrast the two perspectives from which the novel is told - Laurent's first person point of view and Beauty's third person limited point of view.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)