Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
2. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
3. When Laurent and Tristan play a game with the sultan and Lexius, who wins most of the rounds?
4. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
5. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
How does the novel's casual tone juxtapose the sadistic events and characters? Discuss and analyze this juxtaposition as well as what effect this juxtaposition has on the reader.
On their way back from the sultan's palace, it becomes evident that Tristan, Beauty, and Laurent have each taken something back with them. Explain what each character learned, how that lesson came to them, and how the lesson helped or hurt them later on.
Describe the parallelism present in the novel. One example is in the way Laurent enjoys the punishment in the village but fears and resents the second punishment under the sultan's rule. Describe the significance of parallelism in the novel.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)