Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
2. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
3. When Laurent and Tristan play a game with the sultan and Lexius, who wins most of the rounds?
4. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
5. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
Essay Topic 1
Is there a moral in Beauty's Release? If so, what is it ? How did you arrive at this conclusion? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the novel's casual tone juxtapose the sadistic events and characters? Discuss and analyze this juxtaposition as well as what effect this juxtaposition has on the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the theme of punishment in the novel. How does punishment relate to Laurent and Beauty, the main characters? How does each character experience punishment? How and why do these punishments differ?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)