Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
2. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
3. When Laurent and Tristan play a game with the sultan and Lexius, who wins most of the rounds?
4. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
5. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
Essay Topic 1
Write about the relationships in the novel. Is there any importance placed on sex, relationships, or marriage in this novel? Why do you think sex is approached so casually in the novel? Why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of decision as a theme. Discuss what makes decision a theme in the novel. Explain which decisions are most significant in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Identify and analyze the tone of Beauty's Release. What elements create this tone? Consider diction, character development, dialogue, syntax, and figurative language.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)