|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will judge the slaves for their punishment?
2. According to Tristan, who is disturbing the order at the sultanate?
3. Where do the lords carry Beauty when they find her?
4. At the end of the chapter where Beauty is picked up by the lords, what can the reader assume?
5. How does Laurent feel when he is on the cross?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of decision as a theme. Discuss what makes decision a theme in the novel. Explain which decisions are most significant in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does the novel's casual tone juxtapose the sadistic events and characters? Discuss and analyze this juxtaposition as well as what effect this juxtaposition has on the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the sexualized, genderized, and class-based society in which Beauty and the rest of the characters live. How does this society differ from the society in which you live? Make three comparisons. Point out three differences.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)