Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
2. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
3. When Laurent and Tristan play a game with the sultan and Lexius, who wins most of the rounds?
4. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
5. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
Essay Topic 1
Beauty, Tristan, and Laurent each discuss different types of love. Describe these three types of love that the characters describe. Why is love a universal theme in the novel in spite of the prevalence of sexuality and punishment?
Essay Topic 2
On their way back from the sultan's palace, it becomes evident that Tristan, Beauty, and Laurent have each taken something back with them. Explain what each character learned, how that lesson came to them, and how the lesson helped or hurt them later on.
Essay Topic 3
What role does irony play in Beauty's Release? Why is the queen's punishment that is inflicted on the slaves when they return ironic?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)