|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Laurent and Tristan play a game with the sultan and Lexius, who wins most of the rounds?
2. Which of the following is an example of animalistic treatment of the slaves in the sultan's bedchamber?
3. Where does Beauty wake up in the morning?
4. Which of the following suggests that Beauty has found the ability to love?
5. How does Laurent feel about Beauty returning to her realm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the parallelism present in the novel. One example is in the way Laurent enjoys the punishment in the village but fears and resents the second punishment under the sultan's rule. Describe the significance of parallelism in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What role does irony play in Beauty's Release? Why is the queen's punishment that is inflicted on the slaves when they return ironic?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and analyze the tone of Beauty's Release. What elements create this tone? Consider diction, character development, dialogue, syntax, and figurative language.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)