|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laurent: A Lesson In Submission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurent run away from his mistress?
(a) She has threatened him.
(b) She will not have sex with him.
(c) He enjoys the fear of running away.
(d) He is unhappy.
2. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
(a) Beauty catches the eye of the sultan immediately.
(b) Beauty wants to get a paying job.
(c) Beauty wants to escape.
(d) Beauty wants to find love.
3. Which of the following is a theme in the relationship between Laurent and Lexius?
(a) Role reversal.
4. According to Laurent's suggestion, who is a eunuch?
(a) The sultan.
5. Despite their situation, what do the slaves desire?
(a) To love.
(b) To run away.
(c) To please.
(d) To fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the slaves are lifted and carried in a procession, where are they heading?
2. What is Beauty's new dream as the ship anchors?
3. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
4. What type of nation does the sultan seem to run?
5. Who is Tristan in love with?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)