|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laurent: For the Love of the Master.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
(a) Beauty wants to find love.
(b) Beauty wants to escape.
(c) Beauty wants to get a paying job.
(d) Beauty catches the eye of the sultan immediately.
2. What does Beauty realize, in horror, that human are used as for the sultan?
(d) Sex slaves.
3. What was Beauty's role in court?
(a) Royal advisor.
(b) Royal chef.
(c) Royal mistress.
(d) Royal sex slave.
4. When Beauty thinks she is about to collapse, who appears to hold her as she is dried?
(c) The sultan.
5. When the master addresses the slaves, why are they shocked?
(a) He addresses them in their own language.
(b) He is formal and rude.
(c) He doesn't know how to speak their language.
(d) He is polite and informal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty realize carries no weight in her life as a slave?
2. What is the name of the queen Beauty served?
3. What does the master acknowledge about the slaves?
4. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
5. Which three characters are foreshadowed to have a strange relationship?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)