|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laurent: For the Love of the Master.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurent run away from his mistress?
(a) He is unhappy.
(b) She has threatened him.
(c) She will not have sex with him.
(d) He enjoys the fear of running away.
2. What do the attendants treat the prisoners like?
(b) Kings and queens.
(c) Intelligent beings.
3. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
(a) Beauty catches the eye of the sultan immediately.
(b) Beauty wants to find love.
(c) Beauty wants to escape.
(d) Beauty wants to get a paying job.
4. When Beauty is pushed forward into the group of woman, what does Lexius warn her of?
(a) Not to talk too much.
(b) To introduce herself gently.
(c) Not to tell anyone who she is.
(d) Not to fail him.
5. What does the master acknowledge about the slaves?
(a) They are all very attractive.
(b) They have higher reasoning.
(c) They are sexual beings.
(d) They are all good slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the attendants' preparation of the slaves signify?
2. How long before being kidnapped did Laurent run away from his mistress' household?
3. How does Laurent feel when he is with his mistress?
4. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
5. How does Beauty feel when she realizes she is looking at the Harem of Beautiful and Virtuous Royal Wives?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)