|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laurent: For the Love of the Master.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the slaves are lifted and carried in a procession, where are they heading?
(a) To the queen's castle.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the sultan's palace.
(d) To the marketplace.
2. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
(a) Never being able to couple with the prince.
(b) Leaving his mistress behind.
(c) Serving his mistress so warmly.
(d) Never being able to couple with Beauty.
3. Despite their situation, what do the slaves desire?
(a) To love.
(b) To fear.
(c) To run away.
(d) To please.
4. Who seems to acknowledge that the slaves are humans?
(a) The sultan.
(b) A villager.
(c) The master.
(d) An attendant.
5. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
(a) Beauty wants to escape.
(b) Beauty wants to get a paying job.
(c) Beauty catches the eye of the sultan immediately.
(d) Beauty wants to find love.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beauty, what type of life feels most natural to her?
2. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
3. Who is Beauty attracted to?
4. What is done with Beauty's hair?
5. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)