|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty: The Rites of Perfection.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character was punished for speaking up by being bound, gagged, and suspended from the ceiling?
2. What is done with Beauty's hair?
(a) It is cut short.
(b) It is fastened up.
(c) It is dyed.
(d) It is shaved.
3. When the master caresses each of the slaves, whom does he linger on?
4. What does the attendants' preparation of the slaves signify?
(a) The view taken of sex slaves.
(b) The memory of past lives fo the slaves.
(c) The love shared between a master and slave.
(d) The love of the sultan for sexuality.
5. When Laurent considers his current position as a sex slave, how does he see the situation as a result of his equality with his mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the slaves are lifted and carried in a procession, where are they heading?
2. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
3. What is the name of Laurent's former mistress?
4. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
5. What is the tone used to indicate the attitude toward the relationships in the queen's kingdom?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)