|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty: The Rites of Perfection.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the attendants' preparation of the slaves signify?
(a) The love of the sultan for sexuality.
(b) The memory of past lives fo the slaves.
(c) The love shared between a master and slave.
(d) The view taken of sex slaves.
2. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
(a) She is given books to read.
(b) She is taught how to behave.
(c) She has sex with the grooms.
(d) She is cleaned.
3. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
(a) Never being able to couple with the prince.
(b) Serving his mistress so warmly.
(c) Leaving his mistress behind.
(d) Never being able to couple with Beauty.
4. What submissive gesture do the slaves use when moving along the corridors?
(a) Heads down.
(b) Hands behind their backs.
(c) Knees bent.
(d) Hands up.
5. What is obvious about the master?
(a) He does not like the sultan.
(b) He is very sensual.
(c) He is demanding.
(d) He is a scoundrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the master?
2. What is the next process that the slaves have to go through after the master talks to them?
3. What does the master inspire in the slaves?
4. Which of the following describes the master's actions toward the slaves?
5. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)