|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laurent: The Great Royal Presence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beauty notice about herself and the other slaves?
(a) They are unusually enrapt in the master's speech.
(b) They are not as attracted to the master as she is attracted to him.
(c) The men are not as attracted to the master as the women.
(d) They are not even paying attention to the master.
2. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
(a) They want to show they are good lovers.
(b) They are in pain.
(c) They are trying to appear less desirable.
(d) They want to display passion.
3. Which of the following is ironic?
(a) Laurent is being punished.
(b) Laurent is confused by his encounter with Lexius.
(c) Lexius is very dominant.
(d) Laurent rapes Lexius.
4. When Laurent served his last mistress, what would happen each morning?
(a) He would be whipped.
(b) He would be raped.
(c) He would make her breakfast.
(d) He would bring her a mate.
5. Which three characters are foreshadowed to have a strange relationship?
(a) Tristan, Beauty, the master.
(b) Laurent, Beauty, the master.
(c) Tristan, Beauty, Laurent.
(d) Rosalynd, Beauty, Elena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
2. How do both Laurent and Lexius feel after their sexual encounter?
3. Who enters the area where the slaves are led and begins surveying them?
4. What does the master say that the sultan requires?
5. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)