|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laurent: The Great Royal Presence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurent run away from his mistress?
(a) He enjoys the fear of running away.
(b) She has threatened him.
(c) She will not have sex with him.
(d) He is unhappy.
2. While Lexius talks with two male servants, what does Beauty hear?
(a) Female screams.
(b) Childlike singing.
(c) Male shouting.
(d) Female laughter.
3. What does the master tell the slaves that they must do at all times?
(b) Walk with excellent posture.
(c) Bow their heads.
(d) Eat on the floor.
4. How does Laurent feel about being punished in front of the village?
(a) He fears he will be killed.
(b) He thinks it was more degrading than his current position.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He enjoys it.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the relationship between Laurent and Lexius?
(a) Role reversal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lexius guides Beauty to a small opening in a wall, which of the following things does Beauty see?
2. Where would Laurent chase women in the morning when he served his mistress?
3. How long before being kidnapped did Laurent run away from his mistress' household?
4. When Laurent considers his current position as a sex slave, how does he see the situation as a result of his equality with his mistress?
5. What is Tristan's fate when the slaves are appraised?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)