|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laurent: The Great Royal Presence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
(a) Never being able to couple with Beauty.
(b) Never being able to couple with the prince.
(c) Leaving his mistress behind.
(d) Serving his mistress so warmly.
2. What does the master acknowledge about the slaves?
(a) They are all good slaves.
(b) They are all very attractive.
(c) They are sexual beings.
(d) They have higher reasoning.
3. What does Beauty notice about herself and the other slaves?
(a) They are unusually enrapt in the master's speech.
(b) They are not even paying attention to the master.
(c) The men are not as attracted to the master as the women.
(d) They are not as attracted to the master as she is attracted to him.
4. Which of the following is a sign that Lexius is willingly participating in sex with Laurent?
(a) He could easily summon servants.
(b) He winks at Laurent.
(c) He tells Laurent what to do.
(d) He gives vocal consent.
5. Where would Laurent chase women in the morning when he served his mistress?
(a) Through the forest.
(b) Through the garden.
(c) Through his mistress' room.
(d) Through the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
2. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
3. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the relationship between Laurent and Lexius?
5. Why does Laurent run away from his mistress?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)