|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laurent: The Great Royal Presence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Beauty is pushed forward into the group of woman, what does Lexius warn her of?
(a) To introduce herself gently.
(b) Not to tell anyone who she is.
(c) Not to talk too much.
(d) Not to fail him.
2. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
(a) They are in pain.
(b) They are trying to appear less desirable.
(c) They want to show they are good lovers.
(d) They want to display passion.
3. What is obvious about the master?
(a) He is a scoundrel.
(b) He does not like the sultan.
(c) He is very sensual.
(d) He is demanding.
4. Which three characters are foreshadowed to have a strange relationship?
(a) Tristan, Beauty, Laurent.
(b) Tristan, Beauty, the master.
(c) Rosalynd, Beauty, Elena.
(d) Laurent, Beauty, the master.
5. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
(a) To remain silent.
(b) To try to escape.
(c) To tell the sultan that the queen will have vengeance.
(d) To fight the sultan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Laurent considers his current position as a sex slave, how does he see the situation as a result of his equality with his mistress?
2. What does Beauty notice about herself and the other slaves?
3. When Laurent served his last mistress, what would happen each morning?
4. How does Laurent feel when he is with his mistress?
5. What is Laurent's fate when the slaves are appraised?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)