|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
2. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
3. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
4. Who did King visit with in New York about the Washington Pilgrimage?
5. What organization removed King from office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
2. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
3. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
4. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
5. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
6. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
7. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
8. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
9. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
10. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the SCLC? How did this organization begin? What role did King play in this movement? How did the movement influence the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Freedom Ride? How did this demonstration begin? What happened during the demonstration? Why do you think these events happened? Was the demonstration a success? Why or why not?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)