|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on the night that the settlement with the city was reached?
2. The white merchants resisted what aim?
3. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
4. King planned a march to which city?
5. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
2. What demands did King release for the Poor People's Campaign? How were these received by others?
3. What was the Poor People's Campaign? What did King hope to accomplish with it?
4. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
5. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
6. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
7. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
8. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
9. What changes did King make in his life?
10. What was the March on Washington?
Essay Topic 1
What was the Freedom Ride? How did this demonstration begin? What happened during the demonstration? Why do you think these events happened? Was the demonstration a success? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did King's focus shift toward the end of his life? Who did he want to include in the movement? Why? How did others feel about this shift in focus?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Civil Rights Movement? What goals did the movement have? Was the movement successful in reaching these goals? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,466 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)