|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what newspaper was an ad taken out to defend MLK, Jr.?
2. What happened on the night that the settlement with the city was reached?
3. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
4. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
5. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
2. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
3. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
4. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
5. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
6. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
7. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
8. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
9. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
10. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between King and Abernathy. Compare and contrast the men and their ideas about the Civil Rights Movement. Did any tensions exist between the men? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Vietnam War influence the Civil Rights Movement? How did King feel about the war? Why did he believe that the war contributed to the riots in the US in the 1960s?
Essay Topic 3
What was the SCLC? How did this organization begin? What role did King play in this movement? How did the movement influence the Civil Rights Movement?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)