|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization removed King from office?
2. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
3. Why did the Freedom Riders feel disappointed in King?
4. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
5. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
2. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
3. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
4. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
5. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
6. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
7. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
8. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
9. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
10. Why was King arrested in St. Augustine? What was the result of the grand jury?
Essay Topic 1
What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How did the boycott start? How did city officials react? Was the boycott successful?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Freedom Ride? How did this demonstration begin? What happened during the demonstration? Why do you think these events happened? Was the demonstration a success? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.? What was his background? How did he become involved in the Civil Rights Movement? What did King contribute to the movement?
This section contains 1,526 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)