|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
2. Where did King and his family move to?
3. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
4. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
5. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Poor People's Campaign? What did King hope to accomplish with it?
2. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
3. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
4. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
5. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
6. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
7. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
8. How was King killed? Where was he? What had he been doing that day?
9. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
10. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How did the boycott start? How did city officials react? Was the boycott successful?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the FBI investigating King? How did the FBI investigate King? How did King feel about this? What effect did the investigation have on King and the movement?
This section contains 1,495 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)