|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
2. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
3. Why did a riot break out?
4. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
5. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the March on Washington?
2. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
3. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
4. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
5. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
6. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
7. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
8. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
9. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
10. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the FBI investigating King? How did the FBI investigate King? How did King feel about this? What effect did the investigation have on King and the movement?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How did the boycott start? How did city officials react? Was the boycott successful?
Essay Topic 3
How did local cities and towns handle the demonstrations and boycotts by the Civil Rights Movement? What actions did they take? Do you think cities should have reacted the way that they did? Why or why not?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)