|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. King was arrested when he tried to attend the trial of whose assailant?
2. Why did a riot break out?
3. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
4. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
5. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
2. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
3. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
4. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
5. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
6. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
7. What was the March on Washington?
8. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
9. What happened to King in New York?
10. What changes did King make in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was SNCC? How did this organization differ from some of the other civil rights organizations involved in the movement? What was the role of SNCC in the movement? What activities did the organization use?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How did this protest begin? What influence did the boycott have on the Civil Rights Movement? Was the boycott successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was Bloody Sunday? What happened during this demonstration? How did King become involved in the situation? What did King and the others plan and how did this turn out?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)