|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
2. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
3. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
4. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
5. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes did King make in his life?
2. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
3. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
4. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
5. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
6. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
7. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
8. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
9. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
10. What happened to King in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Bloody Sunday? What happened during this demonstration? How did King become involved in the situation? What did King and the others plan and how did this turn out?
Essay Topic 2
What obstacles and challenges did King and the movement face in achieving their goals? How did they handle these challenges? Would you have done anything differently? Give specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What was The Meredith March? Who started this march? What happened during the march? What happened after the march resumed? What obstacles did the marchers face?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)