Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
2. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
3. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
4. Where did a bomb explode in January?
5. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
2. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
3. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
4. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
5. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
6. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
7. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
8. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
9. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
10. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How did this protest begin? What influence did the boycott have on the Civil Rights Movement? Was the boycott successful? Why or why not?
What was The Meredith March? Who started this march? What happened during the march? What happened after the march resumed? What obstacles did the marchers face?
What obstacles and challenges did King and the movement face in achieving their goals? How did they handle these challenges? Would you have done anything differently? Give specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)