|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
2. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
3. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
4. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
5. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
2. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
3. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
4. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
5. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
6. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
7. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
8. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
9. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
10. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was The Meredith March? Who started this march? What happened during the march? What happened after the march resumed? What obstacles did the marchers face?
Essay Topic 2
What was the March on Washington? What were the aims of this demonstration? What famous aspect of the Civil Rights Movement occurred during this demonstration? Was the march a success? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Civil Rights Movement? What goals did the movement have? Was the movement successful in reaching these goals? Why or why not?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)