|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a bomb explode in January?
2. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
3. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
4. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
5. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
2. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
3. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
4. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
5. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
6. What was the March on Washington?
7. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
8. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
9. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
10. What happened to King in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was King's relationship like with the Presidents? What did Kennedy advise King about? Did King listen to Kennedy? How did King feel that Administrations were doing with Civil Rights?
Essay Topic 2
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was The Meredith March? Who started this march? What happened during the march? What happened after the march resumed? What obstacles did the marchers face?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)