|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
2. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
3. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
4. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
5. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
2. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
3. What was the March on Washington?
4. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
5. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
6. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
7. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
8. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
9. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
10. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the second March on Washington called? How was King's focus shifting by the time of this demonstration? Why do you think this shift was occurring?
Essay Topic 2
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.? What was his background? How did he become involved in the Civil Rights Movement? What did King contribute to the movement?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)