|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. King was stabbed while in which city?
2. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
3. What happened on the night that the settlement with the city was reached?
4. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
5. King planned a march to which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
2. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
3. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
4. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
5. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
6. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
7. What changes did King make in his life?
8. What happened to King in New York?
9. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
10. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the FBI investigating King? How did the FBI investigate King? How did King feel about this? What effect did the investigation have on King and the movement?
Essay Topic 2
What was the second March on Washington called? How was King's focus shifting by the time of this demonstration? Why do you think this shift was occurring?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Freedom Ride? How did this demonstration begin? What happened during the demonstration? Why do you think these events happened? Was the demonstration a success? Why or why not?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)