|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
2. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
3. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
4. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
5. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
2. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
3. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
4. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
5. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
6. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
7. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
8. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
9. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
10. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Civil Rights Movement? What goals did the movement have? Was the movement successful in reaching these goals? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the second March on Washington called? How was King's focus shifting by the time of this demonstration? Why do you think this shift was occurring?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.? What was his background? How did he become involved in the Civil Rights Movement? What did King contribute to the movement?
This section contains 1,522 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)