|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
2. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
3. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
4. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
5. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
2. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
3. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
4. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
5. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
6. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
7. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
8. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
9. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
10. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between King and Abernathy. Compare and contrast the men and their ideas about the Civil Rights Movement. Did any tensions exist between the men? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was King's relationship like with the Presidents? What did Kennedy advise King about? Did King listen to Kennedy? How did King feel that Administrations were doing with Civil Rights?
Essay Topic 3
What was Bloody Sunday? What happened during this demonstration? How did King become involved in the situation? What did King and the others plan and how did this turn out?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)