|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
2. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
3. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
4. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
5. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
2. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
3. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
4. What changes did King make in his life?
5. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
6. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
7. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
8. What was the March on Washington?
9. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
10. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How did the boycott start? How did city officials react? Was the boycott successful?
Essay Topic 2
Why were the FBI investigating King? How did the FBI investigate King? How did King feel about this? What effect did the investigation have on King and the movement?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between King and Abernathy. Compare and contrast the men and their ideas about the Civil Rights Movement. Did any tensions exist between the men? Why or why not?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)