|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
2. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
3. Where did a bomb explode in January?
4. King planned a march to which city?
5. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
2. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
3. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
4. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
5. What happened to King in New York?
6. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
7. What occurred in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1960? How did King become involved?
8. What changes did King make in his life?
9. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
10. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the March on Washington? What were the aims of this demonstration? What famous aspect of the Civil Rights Movement occurred during this demonstration? Was the march a success? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the second March on Washington called? How was King's focus shifting by the time of this demonstration? Why do you think this shift was occurring?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the FBI investigating King? How did the FBI investigate King? How did King feel about this? What effect did the investigation have on King and the movement?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)