|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
2. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
3. In what newspaper was an ad taken out to defend MLK, Jr.?
4. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
5. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
2. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
3. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
4. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
5. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
6. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
7. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
8. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
9. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
10. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Civil Rights Movement? What goals did the movement have? Was the movement successful in reaching these goals? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was the SCLC? How did this organization begin? What role did King play in this movement? How did the movement influence the Civil Rights Movement?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)