|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
2. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
3. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
4. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
5. What did people blame King for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
2. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
3. What occurred in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1960? How did King become involved?
4. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
5. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
6. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
7. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
8. What was the March on Washington?
9. What changes did King make in his life?
10. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was SNCC? How did this organization differ from some of the other civil rights organizations involved in the movement? What was the role of SNCC in the movement? What activities did the organization use?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Vietnam War influence the Civil Rights Movement? How did King feel about the war? Why did he believe that the war contributed to the riots in the US in the 1960s?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the FBI investigating King? How did the FBI investigate King? How did King feel about this? What effect did the investigation have on King and the movement?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)