|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
2. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
3. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
4. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
5. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
2. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
3. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
4. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
5. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
6. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
7. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
8. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
9. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
10. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was The Meredith March? Who started this march? What happened during the march? What happened after the march resumed? What obstacles did the marchers face?
Essay Topic 2
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did King's focus shift toward the end of his life? Who did he want to include in the movement? Why? How did others feel about this shift in focus?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)