|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
2. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
3. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
4. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
5. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes did King make in his life?
2. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
3. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
4. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
5. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
6. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
7. What was the March on Washington?
8. What occurred in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1960? How did King become involved?
9. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
10. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tensions that existed in the Civil Rights Movement. This may include tensions between organizations and between people. Why do you think these tensions existed? How were they handled? Would you have done anything differently?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.? What was his background? How did he become involved in the Civil Rights Movement? What did King contribute to the movement?
Essay Topic 3
What was The Meredith March? Who started this march? What happened during the march? What happened after the march resumed? What obstacles did the marchers face?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)