|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
2. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
3. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
4. King planned a march to which city?
5. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
2. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
3. What changes did King make in his life?
4. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
5. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
6. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
7. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
8. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
9. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
10. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was SNCC? How did this organization differ from some of the other civil rights organizations involved in the movement? What was the role of SNCC in the movement? What activities did the organization use?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the tensions that existed in the Civil Rights Movement. This may include tensions between organizations and between people. Why do you think these tensions existed? How were they handled? Would you have done anything differently?
Essay Topic 3
What was the SCLC? How did this organization begin? What role did King play in this movement? How did the movement influence the Civil Rights Movement?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)