|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Violence broke out in what city as activists tried to desegregate local schools?
(b) New Orleans.
2. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
3. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
4. Who released a statement supporting the SCLC's work in Selma?
(a) Nelson Mandela.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) President Johnson.
5. King learned of whose death as he left for a fundraising trip?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) President Johnson.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
2. What happened to Meredith along his walk?
3. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
4. What was added to the activities in Chicago?
5. Why was there an uproar in the Chicago press about King?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)