|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As King went to register at a local hotel, who attacked him?
(a) A KKK member.
(b) An old white woman.
(c) The hotel owner.
(d) A Nazi.
2. SCLC employees were unhappy about what?
(a) The death threats they received.
(b) King's schedule.
(c) The violence leaders were advocating.
(d) Their pay.
3. In Chicago, the movement included nine points in their demand about what?
(a) Church equality.
(b) Bus schedules.
(c) Police employment.
(d) Fair housing.
4. Who released a statement supporting the SCLC's work in Selma?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) President Johnson.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Nelson Mandela.
5. Which SNCC leader presented a Proposal for Action which would develop an army of sorts?
(a) Bob Moses.
(b) John Lewis.
(c) Ella Baker.
(d) Diane Bevel.
Short Answer Questions
1. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
2. Why did the Chicago Freedom Movement begin to lose momentum?
3. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
4. King's advisers were concerned when King decided to do what?
5. Riots broke out in which cities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
2. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
3. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
4. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
5. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
6. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
7. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
8. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
9. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
10. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)