|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused King to fall into a depression?
(a) The violence in Birmingham.
(b) Evers' assassination.
(c) Kennedy's assassination.
(d) The lack of progress in Albany.
2. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
(b) St. Louis.
3. The Democratic Convention took place in which city?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Atlantic City.
4. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Malcolm X.
5. Why did the Chicago Freedom Movement begin to lose momentum?
(a) The lack of funds.
(b) The lack of an attainable goal.
(c) Demonstrator arrests.
(d) The lack of a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city was chosen for SCLC demonstrations because of its noncompliance to the Civil Rights Law of 1964?
2. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
3. Who released a statement supporting the SCLC's work in Selma?
4. Who was to lead the march in Selma?
5. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)