|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. CCCO staged a march that ended in how many arrests?
2. Which city was chosen for SCLC demonstrations because of its noncompliance to the Civil Rights Law of 1964?
3. What tragedy happened before the march to Montgomery?
(a) Abernathy was stabbed by a white woman.
(b) The King house was bombed.
(c) Congress voted down the Civil Rights Act.
(d) A volunteer was killed by KKK members.
4. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
(a) Chicago to Atlanta.
(b) Biloxi to Washington DC.
(c) New Orleans to Boston.
(d) Memphis to Jackson.
5. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
Short Answer Questions
1. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
2. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
3. King blamed the riots on what cause?
4. A judge ordered that registrars had to begin accepting how many applications per day?
5. The CCCO was based in which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
2. What did King and the others do to increase the pressure on officials in Selma? Were these actions a success?
3. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
4. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
5. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
6. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
7. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
8. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
9. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
10. Following the protests in Selma, what other avenues to desegregation did the SCLC discuss? What did King share with the SCLC at this meeting?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)