|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
(a) Apologize for the march.
(b) Turn around and go back.
(c) Turn violent so they could be arrested.
(d) Get off the pavement.
2. How many girls were killed in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing?
3. Violence broke out in what city as activists tried to desegregate local schools?
(b) New Orleans.
4. Who was to lead the march in Selma?
(d) Malcolm X.
5. King blamed the riots on what cause?
(a) The demonstrations in Georgia.
(b) Taking money from social programs for the war.
(c) The failure of leaders to meet with movement organizations in these cities.
(d) The Feminist Movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the marchers attacked with in Canton?
2. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
3. What tragedy happened before the march to Montgomery?
4. King's vacation to Puerto Rico was interrupted by news of what event?
5. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
2. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
3. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
4. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
5. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
6. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
7. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
8. Following the protests in Selma, what other avenues to desegregation did the SCLC discuss? What did King share with the SCLC at this meeting?
9. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
10. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)