|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
(b) St. Augustine.
2. King's vacation to Puerto Rico was interrupted by news of what event?
(a) Kennedy's assassination.
(b) The Moon landing.
(c) The end of the Vietnam War.
(d) The Watts Riots.
3. Where did King and the potential voters refuse to vacate the sidewalk?
(a) The chamber of commerce.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The police station.
(d) The hospital.
4. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Stokley Carmichael.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
5. Violence broke out in what city as activists tried to desegregate local schools?
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
2. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
3. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
4. Where did the marchers attempt to camp, but were told to move on?
5. How many girls were killed in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
2. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
3. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
4. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
5. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
6. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
7. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
8. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
9. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
10. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)