|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did King feel about his meeting with President Johnson?
(a) Glad that Johnson was a fellow Communist.
(b) Depressed about his indifference.
(c) Impressed by his commitment to the Civil Rights bill.
(d) Worried about his stand on voter registration.
2. How many girls were killed in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing?
3. What illnesses did King suffer from in the summer of 1965?
(a) Exhaustion and kidney stones.
(b) Exhaustion and strep throat.
(c) Exhaustion and influenza.
(d) Exhaustion and bronchitis.
4. The Democratic Convention took place in which city?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) Atlantic City.
5. Who interrupted King's work on his book?
(a) Stanley Levison.
(b) Roy Wilkins.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) James Bevel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heckled King during his speech?
2. SCLC employees were unhappy about what?
3. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
4. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
5. Bevel convinced King that the focus in Chicago should shift from segregation to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the protests in Selma, what other avenues to desegregation did the SCLC discuss? What did King share with the SCLC at this meeting?
2. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
3. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
4. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
5. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
6. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
7. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
8. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
9. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
10. Why was King arrested in St. Augustine? What was the result of the grand jury?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)