|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
(d) Washington D.C.
2. What was the main source of racial trouble in Chicago?
(a) Job discrimination.
(b) The corruption in the justice system.
(c) The segregation of the schools.
(d) The violence in low-income areas.
3. Where was some of the worst police violence seen through 1964?
4. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
(a) Police dogs attacking a group of activists.
(b) The ruins of a bombed black church.
(c) The sheriff using a billyclub on an older black woman.
(d) A police officer beating a black child.
5. Riots broke out in which cities?
(a) Omaha and New Orleans.
(b) Newark and Detroit.
(c) Seattle and Madison.
(d) Dallas and San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
2. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
3. Why was there an uproar in the Chicago press about King?
4. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
5. What was the first march to the bridge nicknamed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
2. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
3. What organizational and political struggles did King face after Kennedy's death?
4. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
5. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
6. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
7. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
8. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
9. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
10. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)