|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
(a) Photos of King at a communist meeting.
(b) A letter from King to Stalin.
(c) Recording from FBI wiretaps.
(d) A bomb.
2. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
3. Tensions between the SCLC and which group grew during 1963 and 1964?
4. King learned of whose death as he left for a fundraising trip?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
5. Who interrupted King's work on his book?
(a) Stanley Levison.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Roy Wilkins.
(d) James Bevel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King go to work on his book?
2. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
3. Who approved several wiretaps on King's personal phone lines?
4. What did Meredith want to encourage with this walk?
5. Demonstrations began in which state to test the compliance of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
2. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
3. Why was King arrested in St. Augustine? What was the result of the grand jury?
4. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
5. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
6. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
7. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
8. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
9. Following the protests in Selma, what other avenues to desegregation did the SCLC discuss? What did King share with the SCLC at this meeting?
10. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)