|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the marchers attacked with in Canton?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) Police dogs.
(c) Machine guns.
2. How did King feel about the agreement in Chicago?
3. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
(b) St. Augustine.
4. What compromise in Selma was King criticized for?
(a) Turning around and returning to Brown Chapel.
(b) Going on to Edmund Pettus Bridge.
(c) Not attending the march to the bridge.
(d) Stopping the march until a settlement could be reached.
5. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
(a) Wayne Johnson.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Michael Jury.
(d) James Meredith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rejected the idea that potential voters should sign a book so they could be received in order?
2. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
3. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
4. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
5. In Selma, King was suffering from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
2. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
3. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
4. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
5. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
6. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
7. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
8. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
9. What did King and the others do to increase the pressure on officials in Selma? Were these actions a success?
10. Why was King arrested in St. Augustine? What was the result of the grand jury?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)