|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King felt that "black power" had what implication?
(a) Black separation.
(b) Black violence.
(c) Black cooperation.
(d) Black suffrage.
2. What tragedy happened before the march to Montgomery?
(a) The King house was bombed.
(b) Congress voted down the Civil Rights Act.
(c) Abernathy was stabbed by a white woman.
(d) A volunteer was killed by KKK members.
3. Bevel convinced King that the focus in Chicago should shift from segregation to what?
(a) Welfare in the black neighborhoods.
(b) Hiring practices.
(c) Sexism in the city offices.
(d) Economic disadvantages of the black community.
4. Why was King concerned about the direction of SNCC?
(a) It seemed to be compromising too much on racial issues.
(b) It seemed to be becoming more violent.
(c) It seemed to be backing away from conflicts.
(d) It seemed to be declining.
5. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
(a) A White Church.
(b) City Hall.
(c) Public Library.
(d) Police Headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
2. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
3. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
4. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
5. Who released a statement supporting the SCLC's work in Selma?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)