|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was added to the activities in Chicago?
(a) Voter registration.
(b) A march to Detroit.
(c) Boycott of downtown stores.
(d) Speeches on equality.
2. King abandoned a writing campaign about peace in which country?
3. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
(a) A White Church.
(b) City Hall.
(c) Public Library.
(d) Police Headquarters.
4. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
5. Who interrupted King's work on his book?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Stanley Levison.
(c) Roy Wilkins.
(d) James Bevel.
Short Answer Questions
1. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
2. What tragedy happened before the march to Montgomery?
3. How did King feel about the agreement in Chicago?
4. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
5. In Selma, King was suffering from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
2. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
3. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
4. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
5. What did King and the others do to increase the pressure on officials in Selma? Were these actions a success?
6. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
7. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
8. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
9. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
10. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)