|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Riots broke out in which cities?
(a) Seattle and Madison.
(b) Newark and Detroit.
(c) Omaha and New Orleans.
(d) Dallas and San Diego.
2. What was added to the activities in Chicago?
(a) Speeches on equality.
(b) Boycott of downtown stores.
(c) Voter registration.
(d) A march to Detroit.
3. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
4. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
(a) James Meredith.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Wayne Johnson.
(d) Michael Jury.
5. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
(d) Argon Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
2. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
3. What was the main source of racial trouble in Chicago?
4. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
5. As King went to register at a local hotel, who attacked him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
2. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
3. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
4. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
5. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
6. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
7. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
8. What did King and the others do to increase the pressure on officials in Selma? Were these actions a success?
9. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
10. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)