|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Violence broke out in what city as activists tried to desegregate local schools?
(c) New Orleans.
2. Which city was chosen for SCLC demonstrations because of its noncompliance to the Civil Rights Law of 1964?
3. What was added to the activities in Chicago?
(a) Boycott of downtown stores.
(b) Speeches on equality.
(c) Voter registration.
(d) A march to Detroit.
4. How did King feel about his meeting with President Johnson?
(a) Impressed by his commitment to the Civil Rights bill.
(b) Depressed about his indifference.
(c) Glad that Johnson was a fellow Communist.
(d) Worried about his stand on voter registration.
5. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
(a) Recording from FBI wiretaps.
(b) Photos of King at a communist meeting.
(c) A letter from King to Stalin.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. King's advisers were concerned when King decided to do what?
2. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
3. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
4. What happened to Meredith along his walk?
5. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)