|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King's advisers were concerned when King decided to do what?
(a) Go public with his affairs.
(b) Join an anti-war group's protest.
(c) Move to Africa.
(d) Stage a hunger strike in jail.
2. A judge ordered that registrars had to begin accepting how many applications per day?
3. In St. Augustine, King was arrested for what?
(a) Tax evasion.
(c) Delinquency of a minor.
(d) Conspiracy to commit murder.
4. Who interrupted King's work on his book?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Roy Wilkins.
(c) James Bevel.
(d) Stanley Levison.
5. The CCCO was based in which city?
(a) Cotton Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls were killed in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing?
2. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
3. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
4. CCCO staged a march that ended in how many arrests?
5. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
2. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
3. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
4. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
5. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
6. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
7. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
8. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
9. What organizational and political struggles did King face after Kennedy's death?
10. Following the protests in Selma, what other avenues to desegregation did the SCLC discuss? What did King share with the SCLC at this meeting?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)