|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
(b) Washington D.C.
2. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Stokley Carmichael.
(d) Malcolm X.
3. King learned of whose death as he left for a fundraising trip?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) President Johnson.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
4. King abandoned a writing campaign about peace in which country?
5. How did King feel about his meeting with President Johnson?
(a) Depressed about his indifference.
(b) Impressed by his commitment to the Civil Rights bill.
(c) Worried about his stand on voter registration.
(d) Glad that Johnson was a fellow Communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mayor of Chicago announced a plan to clean up what?
2. Demonstrations began in which state to test the compliance of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
3. What was the main source of racial trouble in Chicago?
4. What was King's biggest concern about the murder?
5. What were the marchers attacked with in Canton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
2. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
3. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
4. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
5. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
6. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
7. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
8. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
9. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
10. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)