|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chicago, the movement included nine points in their demand about what?
(a) Fair housing.
(b) Church equality.
(c) Bus schedules.
(d) Police employment.
2. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
3. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
(a) A White Church.
(b) Police Headquarters.
(c) City Hall.
(d) Public Library.
4. Who released a statement supporting the SCLC's work in Selma?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
5. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Stokley Carmichael.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcolm X.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Meredith along his walk?
2. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
3. What caused King to fall into a depression?
4. Where was some of the worst police violence seen through 1964?
5. What were the marchers attacked with in Canton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was King arrested in St. Augustine? What was the result of the grand jury?
2. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
3. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
4. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
5. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
6. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
7. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
8. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
9. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
10. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)