|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
(a) A bomb.
(b) Recording from FBI wiretaps.
(c) Photos of King at a communist meeting.
(d) A letter from King to Stalin.
2. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Malcolm X.
3. Why was King concerned about the direction of SNCC?
(a) It seemed to be declining.
(b) It seemed to be becoming more violent.
(c) It seemed to be backing away from conflicts.
(d) It seemed to be compromising too much on racial issues.
4. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
5. The mayor of Chicago announced a plan to clean up what?
(a) The slums.
(b) The busing system.
(c) The schools.
(d) The downtown area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Chicago Freedom Movement begin to lose momentum?
2. What happened to Meredith along his walk?
3. The FBI observed meetings between King and whom?
4. Who urged King to run for president?
5. In October, the federal Office of Education stopped funding to which city's schools because of segregation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
2. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
3. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
4. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
5. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
6. Following the protests in Selma, what other avenues to desegregation did the SCLC discuss? What did King share with the SCLC at this meeting?
7. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
8. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
9. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
10. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)