|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of SNCC's leaders was arrested in Atlanta on what charge?
(a) Killing a police officer.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Instigating a riot.
(d) Breaking into police headquarters.
2. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. Who urged King to run for president?
(a) Dr. Spock.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
4. In Selma, King was suffering from what?
(d) Chicken pox.
5. King abandoned a writing campaign about peace in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Violence broke out in what city as activists tried to desegregate local schools?
2. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
3. Where did King go to work on his book?
4. In 1964, King learned that he had won what?
5. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
2. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
3. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
4. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
5. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
6. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
7. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
8. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
9. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
10. Why was King arrested in St. Augustine? What was the result of the grand jury?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)