|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Nazi Party.
(b) The Masons.
(c) The KKK.
(d) The Communist Party.
2. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Rosa Parks.
3. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
4. King blamed the riots on what cause?
(a) The demonstrations in Georgia.
(b) Taking money from social programs for the war.
(c) The failure of leaders to meet with movement organizations in these cities.
(d) The Feminist Movement.
5. What were the marchers attacked with in Canton?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) Police dogs.
(c) Machine guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
2. As King went to register at a local hotel, who attacked him?
3. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
4. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
5. Where did the Meredith March end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
2. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
3. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
4. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
5. Why was King arrested in St. Augustine? What was the result of the grand jury?
6. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
7. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
8. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
9. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
10. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)