|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Democratic Convention took place in which city?
(a) Atlantic City.
(b) St. Louis.
2. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
3. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
4. As King went to register at a local hotel, who attacked him?
(a) A Nazi.
(b) The hotel owner.
(c) A KKK member.
(d) An old white woman.
5. How did King feel about his meeting with President Johnson?
(a) Depressed about his indifference.
(b) Impressed by his commitment to the Civil Rights bill.
(c) Worried about his stand on voter registration.
(d) Glad that Johnson was a fellow Communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Selma, King was suffering from what?
2. Why was King concerned about the direction of SNCC?
3. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
4. What were the marchers attacked with in Canton?
5. Where did King and the potential voters refuse to vacate the sidewalk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
2. What did King and the others do to increase the pressure on officials in Selma? Were these actions a success?
3. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
4. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
5. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
6. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
7. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
8. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
9. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
10. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)