|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. SCLC employees were unhappy about what?
(a) Their pay.
(b) The death threats they received.
(c) The violence leaders were advocating.
(d) King's schedule.
2. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
(a) Michael Jury.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Wayne Johnson.
(d) James Meredith.
3. Which SNCC leader presented a Proposal for Action which would develop an army of sorts?
(a) Ella Baker.
(b) Bob Moses.
(c) Diane Bevel.
(d) John Lewis.
4. The CCCO was based in which city?
(b) Cotton Springs.
5. One of SNCC's leaders was arrested in Atlanta on what charge?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(b) Instigating a riot.
(c) Breaking into police headquarters.
(d) Killing a police officer.
6. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
7. Bevel convinced King that the focus in Chicago should shift from segregation to what?
(a) Sexism in the city offices.
(b) Welfare in the black neighborhoods.
(c) Economic disadvantages of the black community.
(d) Hiring practices.
8. What was the first march to the bridge nicknamed?
(a) Path to Glory.
(b) Bloody Sunday.
(c) March of Blood.
(d) March of Violence.
9. The grand jury in St. Augustine said they would agree to form a biracial committee after the Civil Rights activists did what?
(a) SNCC ceased its demonstrations.
(b) King and other outside leaders left town.
(c) The swim-ins stop.
(d) The President told them to.
10. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
(b) Argon Springs.
11. King felt that "black power" had what implication?
(a) Black cooperation.
(b) Black suffrage.
(c) Black violence.
(d) Black separation.
12. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Masons.
(b) The KKK.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
13. At the SCLC convention, King suggested which city as the next one for protests?
(d) New Orleans.
14. King abandoned a writing campaign about peace in which country?
15. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
(c) St. Augustine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heckled King during his speech?
2. The FBI observed meetings between King and whom?
3. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
4. Who released a statement supporting the SCLC's work in Selma?
5. What illnesses did King suffer from in the summer of 1965?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)