|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
(a) St. Louis.
2. What was the first march to the bridge nicknamed?
(a) March of Violence.
(b) Path to Glory.
(c) March of Blood.
(d) Bloody Sunday.
3. In Chicago, the movement included nine points in their demand about what?
(a) Church equality.
(b) Fair housing.
(c) Bus schedules.
(d) Police employment.
4. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
(a) A bomb.
(b) Photos of King at a communist meeting.
(c) A letter from King to Stalin.
(d) Recording from FBI wiretaps.
5. The Democratic Convention took place in which city?
(a) Atlantic City.
(b) St. Louis.
6. CCCO staged a march that ended in how many arrests?
7. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
(a) Biloxi to Washington DC.
(b) Chicago to Atlanta.
(c) New Orleans to Boston.
(d) Memphis to Jackson.
8. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
(c) St. Augustine.
9. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Nazi Party.
(b) The Masons.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The KKK.
10. One of SNCC's leaders was arrested in Atlanta on what charge?
(a) Killing a police officer.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Instigating a riot.
(d) Breaking into police headquarters.
11. Where did the Meredith March end?
12. In 1964, King learned that he had won what?
(a) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(b) The lottery.
(c) The NAACP President.
(d) The Booker T. Washington Award.
13. Who heckled King during his speech?
14. In October, the federal Office of Education stopped funding to which city's schools because of segregation?
15. King's vacation to Puerto Rico was interrupted by news of what event?
(a) Kennedy's assassination.
(b) The end of the Vietnam War.
(c) The Moon landing.
(d) The Watts Riots.
Short Answer Questions
1. King abandoned a writing campaign about peace in which country?
2. Tensions between the SCLC and which group grew during 1963 and 1964?
3. The FBI observed meetings between King and whom?
4. At the SCLC convention, King suggested which city as the next one for protests?
5. Riots broke out in which cities?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)