|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Selma, King was suffering from what?
(a) Chicken pox.
2. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
(a) Get off the pavement.
(b) Turn violent so they could be arrested.
(c) Apologize for the march.
(d) Turn around and go back.
3. Who rejected the idea that potential voters should sign a book so they could be received in order?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) James Bevel.
(c) Grant Selma.
(d) Julian Bond.
4. What were the marchers attacked with in Canton?
(a) Police dogs.
(b) Machine guns.
(c) Tear gas.
5. The Democratic Convention took place in which city?
(b) Atlantic City.
(d) St. Louis.
6. One of SNCC's leaders was arrested in Atlanta on what charge?
(a) Killing a police officer.
(b) Instigating a riot.
(c) Breaking into police headquarters.
(d) Robbing a bank.
7. How did King feel about the agreement in Chicago?
8. In October, the federal Office of Education stopped funding to which city's schools because of segregation?
9. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Masons.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The KKK.
10. Which city was chosen for SCLC demonstrations because of its noncompliance to the Civil Rights Law of 1964?
11. Where was some of the worst police violence seen through 1964?
12. What illnesses did King suffer from in the summer of 1965?
(a) Exhaustion and kidney stones.
(b) Exhaustion and bronchitis.
(c) Exhaustion and strep throat.
(d) Exhaustion and influenza.
13. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
(c) Washington D.C.
14. What tragedy happened before the march to Montgomery?
(a) Abernathy was stabbed by a white woman.
(b) The King house was bombed.
(c) Congress voted down the Civil Rights Act.
(d) A volunteer was killed by KKK members.
15. King felt that "black power" had what implication?
(a) Black suffrage.
(b) Black separation.
(c) Black violence.
(d) Black cooperation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1964, King learned that he had won what?
2. King's vacation to Puerto Rico was interrupted by news of what event?
3. Where did King and the potential voters refuse to vacate the sidewalk?
4. The grand jury in St. Augustine said they would agree to form a biracial committee after the Civil Rights activists did what?
5. A judge ordered that registrars had to begin accepting how many applications per day?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)