|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illnesses did King suffer from in the summer of 1965?
(a) Exhaustion and influenza.
(b) Exhaustion and strep throat.
(c) Exhaustion and bronchitis.
(d) Exhaustion and kidney stones.
2. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
(a) Police dogs attacking a group of activists.
(b) The sheriff using a billyclub on an older black woman.
(c) The ruins of a bombed black church.
(d) A police officer beating a black child.
3. How did King feel about his meeting with President Johnson?
(a) Worried about his stand on voter registration.
(b) Glad that Johnson was a fellow Communist.
(c) Depressed about his indifference.
(d) Impressed by his commitment to the Civil Rights bill.
4. Where did King go to work on his book?
5. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
(b) Washington D.C.
6. Who rejected the idea that potential voters should sign a book so they could be received in order?
(a) Grant Selma.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Julian Bond.
(d) James Bevel.
7. What was the first march to the bridge nicknamed?
(a) Bloody Sunday.
(b) March of Violence.
(c) March of Blood.
(d) Path to Glory.
8. What was King's biggest concern about the murder?
(a) The voter registration bill would not pass.
(b) That the culprit would not be caught.
(c) The escalating violence against Civil Rights advocates.
(d) SNCC would fall into a decline.
9. What happened to Meredith along his walk?
(a) He was beaten up.
(b) He meet King.
(c) He was made vice-president of the SCLC.
(d) He was shot.
10. King's vacation to Puerto Rico was interrupted by news of what event?
(a) The end of the Vietnam War.
(b) Kennedy's assassination.
(c) The Watts Riots.
(d) The Moon landing.
11. How did King feel about the agreement in Chicago?
12. One of SNCC's leaders was arrested in Atlanta on what charge?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(b) Instigating a riot.
(c) Breaking into police headquarters.
(d) Killing a police officer.
13. What caused King to fall into a depression?
(a) Evers' assassination.
(b) Kennedy's assassination.
(c) The lack of progress in Albany.
(d) The violence in Birmingham.
14. In St. Augustine, King was arrested for what?
(a) Tax evasion.
(b) Conspiracy to commit murder.
(d) Delinquency of a minor.
15. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
(b) St. Augustine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
2. King blamed the riots on what cause?
3. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
4. Riots broke out in which cities?
5. King's advisers were concerned when King decided to do what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)