|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King blamed the riots on what cause?
(a) The demonstrations in Georgia.
(b) Taking money from social programs for the war.
(c) The failure of leaders to meet with movement organizations in these cities.
(d) The Feminist Movement.
2. What caused King to fall into a depression?
(a) Kennedy's assassination.
(b) Evers' assassination.
(c) The violence in Birmingham.
(d) The lack of progress in Albany.
3. Who was to lead the march in Selma?
(c) Malcolm X.
4. A judge ordered that registrars had to begin accepting how many applications per day?
5. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
(a) Turn violent so they could be arrested.
(b) Get off the pavement.
(c) Turn around and go back.
(d) Apologize for the march.
6. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
(c) Argon Springs.
7. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
(a) Public Library.
(b) A White Church.
(c) City Hall.
(d) Police Headquarters.
8. The CCCO was based in which city?
(c) Cotton Springs.
9. Where was some of the worst police violence seen through 1964?
10. Where did King go to work on his book?
11. The mayor of Chicago announced a plan to clean up what?
(a) The downtown area.
(b) The slums.
(c) The schools.
(d) The busing system.
12. Which city was chosen for SCLC demonstrations because of its noncompliance to the Civil Rights Law of 1964?
13. King's advisers were concerned when King decided to do what?
(a) Move to Africa.
(b) Stage a hunger strike in jail.
(c) Go public with his affairs.
(d) Join an anti-war group's protest.
14. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
(a) Photos of King at a communist meeting.
(b) Recording from FBI wiretaps.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A letter from King to Stalin.
15. Demonstrations began in which state to test the compliance of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise in Selma was King criticized for?
2. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
3. What tragedy happened before the march to Montgomery?
4. In Selma, King was suffering from what?
5. Where did the Meredith March end?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)