Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Masons.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The KKK.
2. Tensions between the SCLC and which group grew during 1963 and 1964?
3. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Malcolm X.
4. Where did the Meredith March end?
5. What did Meredith want to encourage with this walk?
(a) The war in Vietnam.
(b) Black voter turnout.
(c) Black poverty.
(d) Ending bus segregation.
6. Who urged King to run for president?
(a) Nelson Mandela.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Dr. Spock.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
7. What was the main source of racial trouble in Chicago?
(a) The segregation of the schools.
(b) The corruption in the justice system.
(c) The violence in low-income areas.
(d) Job discrimination.
8. What compromise in Selma was King criticized for?
(a) Not attending the march to the bridge.
(b) Going on to Edmund Pettus Bridge.
(c) Stopping the march until a settlement could be reached.
(d) Turning around and returning to Brown Chapel.
9. In 1964, King learned that he had won what?
(a) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(b) The Booker T. Washington Award.
(c) The NAACP President.
(d) The lottery.
10. Which city was chosen for SCLC demonstrations because of its noncompliance to the Civil Rights Law of 1964?
11. SCLC employees were unhappy about what?
(a) The violence leaders were advocating.
(b) King's schedule.
(c) The death threats they received.
(d) Their pay.
12. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
(a) Memphis to Jackson.
(b) New Orleans to Boston.
(c) Chicago to Atlanta.
(d) Biloxi to Washington DC.
13. Riots broke out in which cities?
(a) Seattle and Madison.
(b) Omaha and New Orleans.
(c) Newark and Detroit.
(d) Dallas and San Diego.
14. How many girls were killed in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing?
15. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
2. Where did the marchers attempt to camp, but were told to move on?
3. Why did the Chicago Freedom Movement begin to lose momentum?
4. The FBI observed meetings between King and whom?
5. Why was there an uproar in the Chicago press about King?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)