|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Masons.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The KKK.
2. What illnesses did King suffer from in the summer of 1965?
(a) Exhaustion and strep throat.
(b) Exhaustion and kidney stones.
(c) Exhaustion and bronchitis.
(d) Exhaustion and influenza.
3. Riots broke out in which cities?
(a) Omaha and New Orleans.
(b) Dallas and San Diego.
(c) Newark and Detroit.
(d) Seattle and Madison.
4. Why was King concerned about the direction of SNCC?
(a) It seemed to be declining.
(b) It seemed to be compromising too much on racial issues.
(c) It seemed to be becoming more violent.
(d) It seemed to be backing away from conflicts.
5. Who rejected the idea that potential voters should sign a book so they could be received in order?
(a) Grant Selma.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Julian Bond.
(d) James Bevel.
6. Who was to lead the march in Selma?
(a) Malcolm X.
7. Who approved several wiretaps on King's personal phone lines?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) J. Edgar Hoover.
8. Where was some of the worst police violence seen through 1964?
9. The CCCO was based in which city?
(d) Cotton Springs.
10. Which city was chosen for SCLC demonstrations because of its noncompliance to the Civil Rights Law of 1964?
11. King abandoned a writing campaign about peace in which country?
12. What did Meredith want to encourage with this walk?
(a) Black voter turnout.
(b) The war in Vietnam.
(c) Ending bus segregation.
(d) Black poverty.
13. A judge ordered that registrars had to begin accepting how many applications per day?
14. The mayor of Chicago announced a plan to clean up what?
(a) The busing system.
(b) The schools.
(c) The slums.
(d) The downtown area.
15. In Chicago, the movement included nine points in their demand about what?
(a) Bus schedules.
(b) Fair housing.
(c) Police employment.
(d) Church equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. SCLC employees were unhappy about what?
2. As King went to register at a local hotel, who attacked him?
3. King's advisers were concerned when King decided to do what?
4. The grand jury in St. Augustine said they would agree to form a biracial committee after the Civil Rights activists did what?
5. What was the main source of racial trouble in Chicago?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)