|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise in Selma was King criticized for?
(a) Not attending the march to the bridge.
(b) Stopping the march until a settlement could be reached.
(c) Turning around and returning to Brown Chapel.
(d) Going on to Edmund Pettus Bridge.
2. Who urged King to run for president?
(a) Dr. Spock.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Nelson Mandela.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
3. At the SCLC convention, King suggested which city as the next one for protests?
(b) New Orleans.
4. What caused King to fall into a depression?
(a) The lack of progress in Albany.
(b) The violence in Birmingham.
(c) Evers' assassination.
(d) Kennedy's assassination.
5. Who interrupted King's work on his book?
(a) James Bevel.
(b) Stanley Levison.
(c) Roy Wilkins.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
6. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
7. The mayor of Chicago announced a plan to clean up what?
(a) The schools.
(b) The downtown area.
(c) The busing system.
(d) The slums.
8. Who released a statement supporting the SCLC's work in Selma?
(a) Nelson Mandela.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) President Johnson.
9. The grand jury in St. Augustine said they would agree to form a biracial committee after the Civil Rights activists did what?
(a) The swim-ins stop.
(b) SNCC ceased its demonstrations.
(c) The President told them to.
(d) King and other outside leaders left town.
10. CCCO staged a march that ended in how many arrests?
11. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
(a) Apologize for the march.
(b) Get off the pavement.
(c) Turn violent so they could be arrested.
(d) Turn around and go back.
12. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Malcolm X.
13. Where did the marchers attempt to camp, but were told to move on?
(a) A Baptist church.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) The courthouse steps.
(d) A black elementary school.
14. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
(a) A letter from King to Stalin.
(b) Recording from FBI wiretaps.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Photos of King at a communist meeting.
15. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
(c) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
2. What happened to Meredith along his walk?
3. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
4. Why was King concerned about the direction of SNCC?
5. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)