|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chicago, the movement included nine points in their demand about what?
(a) Bus schedules.
(b) Police employment.
(c) Fair housing.
(d) Church equality.
2. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
(a) A White Church.
(b) Public Library.
(c) City Hall.
(d) Police Headquarters.
3. Who rejected the idea that potential voters should sign a book so they could be received in order?
(a) Grant Selma.
(b) James Bevel.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Julian Bond.
4. Who approved several wiretaps on King's personal phone lines?
(a) J. Edgar Hoover.
(b) Robert Kennedy.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
(a) Apologize for the march.
(b) Get off the pavement.
(c) Turn around and go back.
(d) Turn violent so they could be arrested.
6. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
(b) Washington D.C.
7. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
(a) The ruins of a bombed black church.
(b) A police officer beating a black child.
(c) The sheriff using a billyclub on an older black woman.
(d) Police dogs attacking a group of activists.
8. Why did the Chicago Freedom Movement begin to lose momentum?
(a) Demonstrator arrests.
(b) The lack of funds.
(c) The lack of an attainable goal.
(d) The lack of a leader.
9. Where did King go to work on his book?
10. Which SNCC leader presented a Proposal for Action which would develop an army of sorts?
(a) Bob Moses.
(b) Diane Bevel.
(c) John Lewis.
(d) Ella Baker.
11. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Nazi Party.
(b) The KKK.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Masons.
12. Who urged King to run for president?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Dr. Spock.
(d) Nelson Mandela.
13. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
(c) St. Augustine.
14. King learned that the Johnson Administration was taking money from social programs for what?
(a) Aid to Africa.
(b) The war in Vietnam.
(c) Financing a bank bailout.
(d) Adding more police officers.
15. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
Short Answer Questions
1. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
2. What was the main source of racial trouble in Chicago?
3. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
4. Why was there an uproar in the Chicago press about King?
5. What caused King to fall into a depression?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)