|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main source of racial trouble in Chicago?
(a) The corruption in the justice system.
(b) Job discrimination.
(c) The violence in low-income areas.
(d) The segregation of the schools.
2. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
3. What caused King to fall into a depression?
(a) Kennedy's assassination.
(b) The violence in Birmingham.
(c) Evers' assassination.
(d) The lack of progress in Albany.
4. In October, the federal Office of Education stopped funding to which city's schools because of segregation?
5. King blamed the riots on what cause?
(a) The failure of leaders to meet with movement organizations in these cities.
(b) The demonstrations in Georgia.
(c) The Feminist Movement.
(d) Taking money from social programs for the war.
6. Where did King go to work on his book?
7. CCCO staged a march that ended in how many arrests?
8. Who urged King to run for president?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Dr. Spock.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
9. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
(a) Michael Jury.
(b) James Meredith.
(c) Wayne Johnson.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
10. Violence broke out in what city as activists tried to desegregate local schools?
(a) New Orleans.
11. The judge ruled that the march to Montgomery had to have less than what number of marchers?
12. How did King feel about his meeting with President Johnson?
(a) Impressed by his commitment to the Civil Rights bill.
(b) Depressed about his indifference.
(c) Worried about his stand on voter registration.
(d) Glad that Johnson was a fellow Communist.
13. Why was King concerned about the direction of SNCC?
(a) It seemed to be declining.
(b) It seemed to be compromising too much on racial issues.
(c) It seemed to be backing away from conflicts.
(d) It seemed to be becoming more violent.
14. The mayor of Chicago announced a plan to clean up what?
(a) The slums.
(b) The busing system.
(c) The schools.
(d) The downtown area.
15. Demonstrations began in which state to test the compliance of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Democratic Convention took place in which city?
2. King felt that "black power" had what implication?
3. The grand jury in St. Augustine said they would agree to form a biracial committee after the Civil Rights activists did what?
4. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
5. What was added to the activities in Chicago?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)