|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heckled King during his speech?
2. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
(c) St. Augustine.
3. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
(a) Argon Springs.
4. What illnesses did King suffer from in the summer of 1965?
(a) Exhaustion and kidney stones.
(b) Exhaustion and strep throat.
(c) Exhaustion and influenza.
(d) Exhaustion and bronchitis.
5. How did King feel about his meeting with President Johnson?
(a) Depressed about his indifference.
(b) Worried about his stand on voter registration.
(c) Impressed by his commitment to the Civil Rights bill.
(d) Glad that Johnson was a fellow Communist.
6. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The KKK.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The Masons.
7. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
8. Who approved several wiretaps on King's personal phone lines?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) J. Edgar Hoover.
9. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
(a) St. Augustine.
(c) Panama City.
10. Who interrupted King's work on his book?
(a) James Bevel.
(b) Roy Wilkins.
(c) Stanley Levison.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
11. SCLC employees were unhappy about what?
(a) King's schedule.
(b) The violence leaders were advocating.
(c) The death threats they received.
(d) Their pay.
12. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Michael Jury.
(c) James Meredith.
(d) Wayne Johnson.
13. The CCCO was based in which city?
(b) Cotton Springs.
14. One of SNCC's leaders was arrested in Atlanta on what charge?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(b) Killing a police officer.
(c) Instigating a riot.
(d) Breaking into police headquarters.
15. The mayor of Chicago announced a plan to clean up what?
(a) The busing system.
(b) The downtown area.
(c) The slums.
(d) The schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was some of the worst police violence seen through 1964?
2. Where did King go to work on his book?
3. The FBI observed meetings between King and whom?
4. In Chicago, the movement included nine points in their demand about what?
5. CCCO staged a march that ended in how many arrests?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)