|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the package delivered to the King home contain?
(a) Photos of King at a communist meeting.
(b) A bomb.
(c) Recording from FBI wiretaps.
(d) A letter from King to Stalin.
2. Demonstrations began in which state to test the compliance of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
3. What caused King to fall into a depression?
(a) The lack of progress in Albany.
(b) Kennedy's assassination.
(c) The violence in Birmingham.
(d) Evers' assassination.
4. Who was to lead the march in Selma?
(a) Malcolm X.
5. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Stokley Carmichael.
6. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Masons.
(b) The KKK.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Nazi Party.
7. What was added to the activities in Chicago?
(a) Speeches on equality.
(b) A march to Detroit.
(c) Voter registration.
(d) Boycott of downtown stores.
8. King abandoned a writing campaign about peace in which country?
9. King learned of whose death as he left for a fundraising trip?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) President Johnson.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Rosa Parks.
10. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Malcolm X.
11. What caused tension between the SCLC and SNCC?
(a) King's leadership.
(b) Credit for demonstrations.
(c) A letter by Abernathy.
(d) Sharing of finances.
12. What did Meredith want to encourage with this walk?
(a) Ending bus segregation.
(b) The war in Vietnam.
(c) Black poverty.
(d) Black voter turnout.
13. In October, the federal Office of Education stopped funding to which city's schools because of segregation?
14. How did King feel about the agreement in Chicago?
15. The mayor of Chicago announced a plan to clean up what?
(a) The downtown area.
(b) The busing system.
(c) The slums.
(d) The schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. King's vacation to Puerto Rico was interrupted by news of what event?
2. SCLC employees were unhappy about what?
3. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
4. Who heckled King during his speech?
5. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)