|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
2. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
(c) St. Augustine.
(d) Panama City.
3. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
(a) The Nazi Party.
(b) The KKK.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Masons.
4. King learned of whose death as he left for a fundraising trip?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) Malcolm X.
5. Where did King go to work on his book?
6. The Democratic Convention took place in which city?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Atlantic City.
7. James Meredith announced his intention to walk from where to where?
(a) New Orleans to Boston.
(b) Chicago to Atlanta.
(c) Memphis to Jackson.
(d) Biloxi to Washington DC.
8. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
9. In October, the federal Office of Education stopped funding to which city's schools because of segregation?
10. Where did the Meredith March end?
11. What were the marchers attacked with in Canton?
(a) Police dogs.
(c) Machine guns.
(d) Tear gas.
12. How did King feel about the agreement in Chicago?
13. In Selma, King was suffering from what?
(d) Chicken pox.
14. What did Meredith want to encourage with this walk?
(a) Black voter turnout.
(b) Ending bus segregation.
(c) Black poverty.
(d) The war in Vietnam.
15. Bevel convinced King that the focus in Chicago should shift from segregation to what?
(a) Welfare in the black neighborhoods.
(b) Hiring practices.
(c) Economic disadvantages of the black community.
(d) Sexism in the city offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
2. Why did the Chicago Freedom Movement begin to lose momentum?
3. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
4. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
5. What was the first march to the bridge nicknamed?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)