|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Poor People's Campaign and Memphis, 1967-1968.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
(a) The President.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Stanley Levison.
(d) The mayor of Selma.
2. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
(b) St. Louis.
3. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Green Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
4. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The ego of the leaders.
(b) The bomb that was found.
(c) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(d) The small number of people who attended.
5. What did Meredith want to encourage with this walk?
(a) Black poverty.
(b) Black voter turnout.
(c) Ending bus segregation.
(d) The war in Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In St. Augustine, King was arrested for what?
2. Who heckled King during his speech?
3. In 1964, King learned that he had won what?
4. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
5. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)