|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Poor People's Campaign and Memphis, 1967-1968.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did King suffer while imprisoned?
(c) An ulcer.
2. What was one of the demands that King released?
(a) An education program for college students.
(b) Construction funds for low-income housing.
(c) Allowing demonstrations without arrests.
(d) Higher taxes for whites.
3. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
(b) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(c) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(d) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
4. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
5. The CCCO was based in which city?
(d) Cotton Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
2. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
3. King planned what further action in Memphis?
4. In Chicago, the movement included nine points in their demand about what?
5. In October, the federal Office of Education stopped funding to which city's schools because of segregation?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)