|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Poor People's Campaign and Memphis, 1967-1968.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
(a) It met expectations.
(b) It was less than expectations.
(c) It exceeded expectations.
(d) It was much less than expectations.
2. What compromise in Selma was King criticized for?
(a) Going on to Edmund Pettus Bridge.
(b) Turning around and returning to Brown Chapel.
(c) Not attending the march to the bridge.
(d) Stopping the march until a settlement could be reached.
3. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) The mayor of Albany.
(b) A well-dressed black man.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) A group of students.
4. What happened on January 30, 1956?
(a) The King home was bombed.
(b) The MIA filed a federal court case against segregation.
(c) King was killed.
(d) The boycott ended.
5. As King went to register at a local hotel, who attacked him?
(a) A KKK member.
(b) A Nazi.
(c) An old white woman.
(d) The hotel owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
2. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
3. What illnesses did King suffer from in the summer of 1965?
4. Who interrupted King's work on his book?
5. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)