|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Birmingham and the March on Washington, 1963.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) An apology for Jim Crow.
(b) Reparations for slavery.
(c) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) A segregation bill.
2. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 years.
3. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
(a) National Youths Against Racism.
(b) Hands Across America.
(c) Crusade for Citizenship.
(d) Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
4. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Roy Wilkins.
(d) Medgar Evers.
5. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) Bus desegregation.
(b) Voter registration.
(c) A civil rights bill.
(d) School desegregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
2. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
3. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
4. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
5. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)