|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Birmingham and the March on Washington, 1963.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
2. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Good Housekeeping.
3. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
(a) The Albany Movement wanted to crush the bus company.
(b) A judge ordered the continuation of the boycott.
(c) The bus company prefered to go out of business.
(d) The city refused to compromise.
4. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Bayard Rustin.
(c) Rocco Siciliano.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
5. King planned a march to which city?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
2. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
3. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
4. Who did King visit with in New York about the Washington Pilgrimage?
5. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)