|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Birmingham and the March on Washington, 1963.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
2. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
(a) Car insurance.
(b) A voter's registration card.
(c) A Georgia driver's license.
(d) Proof of Insurance.
3. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
(a) The local Masons chapter.
(b) The local NAACP chapter.
(c) The local ACLU chapter.
(d) The local Elks chapter.
4. Who did King marry?
5. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
(a) Stanley Levison.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) The President.
(d) The mayor of Selma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
2. Why did a riot break out?
3. Who advised King to distance himself from Levison?
4. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
5. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)