|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Birmingham and the March on Washington, 1963.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Freedom Riders feel disappointed in King?
(a) He spent some of the money they had planned on using.
(b) He failed to mention them in a speech in Washington DC.
(c) He refused to go along with them, citing his probation problems.
(d) He did not want to serve on their advisory panel.
2. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
(a) Medgar Evers.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Roy Wilkins.
3. King planned a march to which city?
(b) New York.
(c) Washington D.C.
4. What organization removed King from office?
(a) National Baptist Convention.
5. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
(a) A motel restaurant.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Police headquarters.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
2. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
3. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
4. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
5. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)