|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Birmingham and the March on Washington, 1963.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
2. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
(d) San Fransisco.
3. The focus of the Birmingham protests was on what?
(a) A bus station.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Department stores.
(d) A Baptist church.
4. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Communist Party.
(b) Socialist Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Libertarian Party.
5. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
2. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
3. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
4. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
5. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)