|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Albany and Lessons for the Future, 1961-1962.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) An apology for Jim Crow.
(b) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) A segregation bill.
(d) Reparations for slavery.
2. King was stabbed while in which city?
(b) New York.
3. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Rocco Siciliano.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Bayard Rustin.
4. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(a) Hate mail.
(b) A lawsuit over the boycott.
(d) A dead rabbit.
5. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
(a) Ralph D. Abernathy.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) E.D. Nixon.
(d) Jo Ann Robinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
2. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
3. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
4. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
5. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)