|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Albany and Lessons for the Future, 1961-1962.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) The mayor of Albany.
(b) A group of students.
(c) A well-dressed black man.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
2. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
(a) The Albany Movement.
(b) Students for Change.
(d) The Southern Christian Coordinating Committee.
3. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(a) Hate mail.
(c) A lawsuit over the boycott.
(d) A dead rabbit.
4. Who advised King to distance himself from Levison?
(a) Coretta Scott King.
(b) Robert Kennedy.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
5. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
(a) Ended bus segregation only.
(b) Established a Civil Rights commission.
(c) Dismissed all protest charges.
(d) Ended all segregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
2. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
3. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
4. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
5. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)