|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Albany and Lessons for the Future, 1961-1962.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) Reparations for slavery.
(b) A segregation bill.
(c) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) An apology for Jim Crow.
2. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(d) South Africa.
3. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) A hit and run accident.
(b) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
(c) Stealing from the SCLC.
(d) Unlawful mob action.
4. Why did Rustin resign?
(a) He was recovering from stab wounds after a woman attacked him.
(b) Rustin was caught at a communist meeting.
(c) He was angry with King about the direction of the SCLC.
(d) Clayton threatened to say that Rustin and King were lovers.
5. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
(a) Voter Education Project.
(b) US Justice Project.
(c) Southern Racism Project.
(d) Freedom Riders Project.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on January 30, 1956?
2. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
3. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
4. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
5. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)