|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Albany and Lessons for the Future, 1961-1962.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
2. Why did the Freedom Riders feel disappointed in King?
(a) He did not want to serve on their advisory panel.
(b) He refused to go along with them, citing his probation problems.
(c) He spent some of the money they had planned on using.
(d) He failed to mention them in a speech in Washington DC.
3. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
(a) He wanted to end the Freedom Rides.
(b) They felt he was doing too much in the organization.
(c) They felt he was getting too much credit for the sit-ins.
(d) He tried to usurp the president of the group.
4. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) A segregation bill.
(c) An apology for Jim Crow.
(d) Reparations for slavery.
5. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Libertarian Party.
(b) Communist Party.
(c) Socialist Party.
(d) Republican Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
2. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
3. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
4. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
5. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)