|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Albany and Lessons for the Future, 1961-1962.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
(a) The local Masons chapter.
(b) The local Elks chapter.
(c) The local ACLU chapter.
(d) The local NAACP chapter.
2. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
(a) They felt he was doing too much in the organization.
(b) He wanted to end the Freedom Rides.
(c) He tried to usurp the president of the group.
(d) They felt he was getting too much credit for the sit-ins.
3. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) December 20.
(b) March 29.
(c) October 14.
(d) June 3.
4. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
(b) 60 Minutes.
(d) Meet the Press.
5. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
(a) Crusade for Sponsors.
(b) Future Program.
(d) Hands across America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
2. What did people blame King for?
3. Which college did King attend?
4. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
5. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)