|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meredith March, 'Black Power', and the Chicago Open-Housing Protests, 1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the SCLC convention, King suggested which city as the next one for protests?
(a) New Orleans.
2. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
3. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
(a) South Atlanta Methodist.
(b) Ebenezer Baptist.
(c) Second Methodist.
(d) Emmanuel Baptist.
4. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
(a) Apologize for the march.
(b) Get off the pavement.
(c) Turn around and go back.
(d) Turn violent so they could be arrested.
5. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
Short Answer Questions
1. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
2. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
3. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
4. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
5. Which SNCC leader presented a Proposal for Action which would develop an army of sorts?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)