|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meredith March, 'Black Power', and the Chicago Open-Housing Protests, 1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tensions between the SCLC and which group grew during 1963 and 1964?
2. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) A segregation bill.
(b) An apology for Jim Crow.
(c) Reparations for slavery.
(d) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
3. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) Coretta King.
4. How many girls were killed in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing?
5. In Chicago, the movement included nine points in their demand about what?
(a) Church equality.
(b) Fair housing.
(c) Bus schedules.
(d) Police employment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what newspaper was an ad taken out to defend MLK, Jr.?
2. What caused King to fall into a depression?
3. Where did the Meredith March end?
4. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
5. Why did Rustin resign?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)