|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meredith March, 'Black Power', and the Chicago Open-Housing Protests, 1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
(b) Argon Springs.
2. King felt that "black power" had what implication?
(a) Black cooperation.
(b) Black violence.
(c) Black separation.
(d) Black suffrage.
3. Tensions between the SCLC and which group grew during 1963 and 1964?
4. In what newspaper was an ad taken out to defend MLK, Jr.?
(a) The Atlanta Gazette.
(b) The Alabama Reporter.
(c) The Chicago Defender.
(d) The New York Times.
5. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) Stealing from the SCLC.
(b) Unlawful mob action.
(c) A hit and run accident.
(d) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1964, King learned that he had won what?
2. Shortly after the March on Washington, racial tensions heated up in which city?
3. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
4. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
5. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)