|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meredith March, 'Black Power', and the Chicago Open-Housing Protests, 1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the SCLC convention, King suggested which city as the next one for protests?
(c) New Orleans.
2. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) An apology for Jim Crow.
(b) Reparations for slavery.
(c) A segregation bill.
(d) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
3. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
(a) Crusade for Citizenship.
(b) Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
(c) National Youths Against Racism.
(d) Hands Across America.
4. Demonstrations began in which state to test the compliance of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
5. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 9 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
2. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
3. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
4. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
5. The FBI observed meetings between King and whom?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)