* Rosa Parks is arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a Montgomery Bus to a white passenger.
* A number of Civil Rights leaders meet and agree to fight Parks' case in the courts.
* The leaders propose a boycott of the buses and King is called to support the boycott. He agrees.
* A new organization, called the Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA) is formed to oversee the boycott and legal issues.
* King is chosen as the president for the MIA.
* The boycott begins and the MIA creates a carpool system for those who are boycotting.
* The MIA and city officials meet at several points to discuss the boycott and changes in the city.
* King is the son and grandson of two preachers.
* He attended an experimental school and graduated several years early from high school.
* King enrolled in Morehouse College and then...
This section contains 1,594 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)