Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
2. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
3. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
4. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
5. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
The book often mentions Glen's empty face or eyes. Explain what this means. Connect this to Glen's need to turn his face away from the camera when family pictures are being taken.
Describe the role of religion in Bone's life. Compare it to the role religion plays in Shannon's life.
Bone says that "things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies." What are the results when the relatives learn of Bone's physical abuse? Ultimately, is it a good or bad thing? If it had not happened, would Bone have been raped or not? Explain your answer.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)