Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
2. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
3. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
4. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
5. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
As in "Bastard Out of Carolina," keeping secrets contributes in the continuation of abuse. Explain why people--both adults and children--keep abuse a secret. In your opinion, what is the best time for Bone to expose the secret and why?
Compare and contrast Bone and Reese. Why does Glen choose to abuse Bone, but not Reese? With Bone out of the picture at the end of the book, do you think Glen will change? Will he start abusing Reese?
Hunger is another strong feeling evident in "Bastard Out of Carolina." Compare and contrast Bone's physical hunger when the family has no food with the angry, rage-filled hunger she feels at the Woolworth's and at the Waddell's.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)