|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
2. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
3. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
4. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
5. What does Bone try to defend herself with against Glen in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Bone being illegitimate? Would it make any difference for any of the main characters if the state had not stamped that information on Bone's birth certificate? Explain the significance of Mama leaving Bone with the unstamped birth certificate as her parting gift.
Essay Topic 2
Both Bone and Shannon Pearl go through periods where they tell horrific tales fulls of violence. Compare and contrast the stories that each girl tells and their reasons for creating these stories.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the five Boatwright sisters: Anney, Raylene, Alma, Carr, and Ruth. Who is the most different and why? Describe the relationship between the five women as children and as adults.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)