|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
2. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
3. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
4. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
5. When Sheriff Cole asks Bone who did this to her, what does she say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Bone and Shannon Pearl go through periods where they tell horrific tales fulls of violence. Compare and contrast the stories that each girl tells and their reasons for creating these stories.
Essay Topic 2
When Ruth dies, Mama cries that Ruth's worth was measured by having babies and that Mama's love was never enough for Ruth. Is Bone's love enough for Mama? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Fantasy becomes an important part Bone's life. Choose three uses of fantasy, and describe how they help Bone cope with her situation.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)