|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bone spend her first days at Aunt Raylene's house after the assault?
2. What kinds of fish did the uncles catch at Aunt Raylene's place near the river?
3. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
4. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
5. Bone is giggling at the puppies when a Ford pulled up. Who is in the Ford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fantasy becomes an important part Bone's life. Choose three uses of fantasy, and describe how they help Bone cope with her situation.
Essay Topic 2
As in "Bastard Out of Carolina," keeping secrets contributes in the continuation of abuse. Explain why people--both adults and children--keep abuse a secret. In your opinion, what is the best time for Bone to expose the secret and why?
Essay Topic 3
The book often mentions Glen's empty face or eyes. Explain what this means. Connect this to Glen's need to turn his face away from the camera when family pictures are being taken.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)