|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
2. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
3. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
4. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
5. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the five Boatwright sisters: Anney, Raylene, Alma, Carr, and Ruth. Who is the most different and why? Describe the relationship between the five women as children and as adults.
Essay Topic 2
When Ruth dies, Mama cries that Ruth's worth was measured by having babies and that Mama's love was never enough for Ruth. Is Bone's love enough for Mama? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The book often mentions Glen's empty face or eyes. Explain what this means. Connect this to Glen's need to turn his face away from the camera when family pictures are being taken.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)