|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mama gets Bone to the car, what does she do?
2. Where is Aunt Alma when Glen shows up to talk to Boone?
3. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
4. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
5. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Dorothy Allison makes several references to looking like a Boatwright. Bone watches for this and looks for the Boatwright birthright in both her appearance and her behavior as she tries to figure out who she is. Find both positive and negative examples of what being a Boatwright means. By the end of the book, is Bone glad she's a Boatwright?
Essay Topic 2Both Bone and Shannon Pearl go through periods where they tell horrific tales fulls of violence. Compare and contrast the stories that each girl tells and their reasons for creating these stories.
Essay Topic 3Compare and contrast Bone and Reese. Why does Glen choose to abuse Bone, but not Reese? With Bone out of the picture at the end of the book, do you think Glen will change? Will he start abusing Reese?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)