|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
2. When Sheriff Cole asks Bone who did this to her, what does she say?
3. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
4. Who did Bone want to see at the hospital that doesn't come?
5. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the five Boatwright sisters: Anney, Raylene, Alma, Carr, and Ruth. Who is the most different and why? Describe the relationship between the five women as children and as adults.
Essay Topic 2
Both Bone and her mother have an obsession about being thought of or treated as "trash." What does being trash mean to each of them? Find three instances each of Mama and Bone's concern over their social status.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of religion in Bone's life. Compare it to the role religion plays in Shannon's life.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)