|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bone wants Glen to be a father like the father in what book?
2. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
3. Who did Bone want to see at the hospital that doesn't come?
4. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
5. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bone asks her mother if she looks like her father who she doesn't have contact with. Mama refuses to answer. According to Bone, what she really wants from her mother is her story, "the place where she had made herself different from all her brothers and sisters and shut her mouth on her life." Explain what Bone means by this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Bone and Reese. Why does Glen choose to abuse Bone, but not Reese? With Bone out of the picture at the end of the book, do you think Glen will change? Will he start abusing Reese?
Essay Topic 3
Mama makes many decisions in the book--marrying Glen, leaving him, going back to him, and staying with him in the end. Describe the thoughts she probably had and what her choices are. Choose one of her major decisions and write a supportive argument for what she decides.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)