Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
2. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
3. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
4. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
5. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
When Ruth dies, Mama cries that Ruth's worth was measured by having babies and that Mama's love was never enough for Ruth. Is Bone's love enough for Mama? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Compare and contrast Bone and Reese. Why does Glen choose to abuse Bone, but not Reese? With Bone out of the picture at the end of the book, do you think Glen will change? Will he start abusing Reese?
Mama makes many decisions in the book--marrying Glen, leaving him, going back to him, and staying with him in the end. Describe the thoughts she probably had and what her choices are. Choose one of her major decisions and write a supportive argument for what she decides.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)