|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
2. Bone is giggling at the puppies when a Ford pulled up. Who is in the Ford?
3. When Sheriff Cole asks Bone who did this to her, what does she say?
4. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
5. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
Essay Topic 1
When Ruth dies, Mama cries that Ruth's worth was measured by having babies and that Mama's love was never enough for Ruth. Is Bone's love enough for Mama? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Bone suffers from abuse for years. At first, she doesn't realize she is being sexually abused because there is no penetration. However, her discomfort at Glen holding her close lets the reader understand what's happening. Explain the connection between the abuse and masturbation and violent fantasies.
Essay Topic 3
Mama makes many decisions in the book--marrying Glen, leaving him, going back to him, and staying with him in the end. Describe the thoughts she probably had and what her choices are. Choose one of her major decisions and write a supportive argument for what she decides.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)