|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
2. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
3. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
4. Who is pregnant in Chapter 16?
5. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Bone and Shannon Pearl go through periods where they tell horrific tales fulls of violence. Compare and contrast the stories that each girl tells and their reasons for creating these stories.
Essay Topic 2
Bone suffers from abuse for years. At first, she doesn't realize she is being sexually abused because there is no penetration. However, her discomfort at Glen holding her close lets the reader understand what's happening. Explain the connection between the abuse and masturbation and violent fantasies.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of religion in Bone's life. Compare it to the role religion plays in Shannon's life.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)