|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
2. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
3. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
4. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
5. Where is Aunt Alma when Glen shows up to talk to Boone?
Essay Topic 1
Bone suffers from abuse for years. At first, she doesn't realize she is being sexually abused because there is no penetration. However, her discomfort at Glen holding her close lets the reader understand what's happening. Explain the connection between the abuse and masturbation and violent fantasies.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the five Boatwright sisters: Anney, Raylene, Alma, Carr, and Ruth. Who is the most different and why? Describe the relationship between the five women as children and as adults.
Essay Topic 3
Granny is a frequent presence early in the book, but she is hardly heard from in the last half of the book. Why do you believe the author chooses to do this? What is Granny's purpose in the book?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)