|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
2. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
3. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
4. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
5. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bone says that "things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies." What are the results when the relatives learn of Bone's physical abuse? Ultimately, is it a good or bad thing? If it had not happened, would Bone have been raped or not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of religion in Bone's life. Compare it to the role religion plays in Shannon's life.
Essay Topic 3
Both Bone and Shannon Pearl go through periods where they tell horrific tales fulls of violence. Compare and contrast the stories that each girl tells and their reasons for creating these stories.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)