|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
2. The special item that Bone fishes out of the river is carried home in a sack along with what?
3. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
4. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
5. Whose relationship turns competitive in Chapter 12?
Essay Topic 1
Bone says that "things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies." What are the results when the relatives learn of Bone's physical abuse? Ultimately, is it a good or bad thing? If it had not happened, would Bone have been raped or not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Bone being illegitimate? Would it make any difference for any of the main characters if the state had not stamped that information on Bone's birth certificate? Explain the significance of Mama leaving Bone with the unstamped birth certificate as her parting gift.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the five Boatwright sisters: Anney, Raylene, Alma, Carr, and Ruth. Who is the most different and why? Describe the relationship between the five women as children and as adults.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)