|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He beats her with a belt.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He throws her against the wall.
2. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
(a) Aunt Alma.
(c) Mrs. Pearl.
(d) Sheriff Cole.
3. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(b) For yelling at Glen.
(c) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
(d) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
4. What does Bone try to defend herself with against Glen in Chapter 20?
(a) A rock.
(b) Aunt Alma's razor.
(c) A butter knife.
(d) A jar of peanut butter.
5. When Glen starts having trouble with his father and at work, where does Mama send the girls in the afternoons?
(a) Aunt Ruth's.
(b) Aunt Raylene's.
(c) Aunt Alma's.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mama gets Bone to the car, what does she do?
2. Who says that Alma has "gone crazy as a milk cow"?
3. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
4. What happens to Bone after the funeral?
5. How does Bone spend her first days at Aunt Raylene's house after the assault?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)