|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(b) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
(c) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
(d) For yelling at Glen.
2. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
(b) Wring his hands.
(d) Shuffle his feet.
3. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She walks to her mother's job.
(b) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
(c) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
(d) She goes to the Woolworth's.
4. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
(d) Tommy Lee.
5. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
(a) Aunt Alma.
(b) Mrs. Pearl.
(d) Sheriff Cole.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
2. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
3. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
4. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
5. Who manages the Woolworth's store?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)