|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) Just before Thanksgiving.
(b) The day before school started.
(c) On the hottest day of summer.
(d) Near Easter.
2. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
(a) Swamp Fox.
(b) The Daltons.
(d) Johnny Yuma.
3. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(b) To Alma's house.
(c) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(d) To Raylene's house.
4. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) Hard blue rocks.
(b) A winter storm.
(c) Black granite.
(d) Storm clouds.
5. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
(a) Pieces of a black cupboard.
(b) Clothing ripped to shreds.
(c) Pieces of tire.
(d) 45 rpm record fragments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
2. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
3. When she is little, who "would have given just about anything to be pretty"?
4. According to her mother, who loves babies and is a friend to the less fortunate?
5. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)