|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bone's favorite uncle?
2. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(a) Hospital clerk.
(c) County office.
(d) The doctor.
3. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Ham and watermelon.
(b) Sandwiches and apples.
(c) Fried chicken and biscuits.
(d) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
4. Who does Granny call an "ugly, ugly little thing"?
(a) Patsy Ruth.
(c) Little Earle.
5. Who gets caught stealing a quart of RC Cola from the grocery store?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
2. After getting off work, what does Mama smell like in Chapter 3?
3. What is one of the pretend meals that Bone and Reese make up?
4. What does Mama cook on the sides of the pan with the eggs?
5. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bone drawn to Shannon Pearl?
2. Why does Bone try to scare Reese against hitchhiking while at the same time doing it herself?
3. Why does Bone create games like the "Dalton Girls" and the "Mean Sisters"?
4. Aunt Ruth tells Mama that she looks like a Boatwright after Lyle dies. What does she mean by that?
5. Aunt Ruth asks Bone if they can talk to each other, meaning she wonders if can they tell each other the truth. Do they?
6. Is Bone happy that Mama finally moves them away from Glen?
7. Why is it important to Bone not to scream when Glen is beating her in Chapter 17?
8. Describe Mama's and Aunt Ruth's relationship.
9. The beginning of Chapter 20 shows the healing of two people. Who are they?
10. Do you think that Mama cares if people think she burned down the courthouse?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)