Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granny call an "ugly, ugly little thing"?
(b) Little Earle.
(c) Patsy Ruth.
2. How long does Mama date Glen?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
3. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
(a) Mama drops them off.
(d) Ride with Uncle Earle.
4. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(a) An intern at the hospital.
(b) A teacher from school.
(c) A nurse at the hospital.
5. According to Mama in Chapter 7, how did she and Aunt Raylene earn money when they were girls?
(a) Baking pies.
(b) Picking strawberries.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Selling junk by the side of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama cook on the sides of the pan with the eggs?
2. What does Glen hope to receive from his brother, James?
3. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
4. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
5. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bone drawn to Shannon Pearl?
2. How is Aunt Raylene different from her sisters?
3. Chapter 8 opens with the love knot disintegrating and being swept away. What does this foretell?
4. In trying to help Bone understand why her mother hasn't visited her, Aunt Raylene reveals something about herself that Bone didn't know. What is it?
5. Describe the differences between Mama and her girls and the children of Glen's brothers.
6. Why does Bone begin looking at herself in mirrors?
7. What are the two things that people talk about when they talk about Glen? How are the two things alike?
8. In Chapter 2, Mama tells Bone not to pay any attention to what Granny says because some women love their sons more than their daughters. What do you think the effect of this type of thinking is on female children?
9. Aunt Ruth tells Mama that she looks like a Boatwright after Lyle dies. What does she mean by that?
10. How does Bone's obsession with religion begin?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)