|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Bone that Glen is "pure crazy where your mama's concerned"?
2. Who was the nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Myer.
(c) Mrs. Allison.
(d) Mrs. Davis.
3. Who tells Mama, "Now you look like a Boatwright"?
(b) Aunt Ruth.
(c) Aunt Raylene.
(d) Aunt Alma.
4. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
(a) Glen and Uncle Earle had an argument.
(b) Granny called Glen silly.
(c) Uncle Earle gave Mama money.
(d) The Boatwright uncles made fun of Glen.
5. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
(a) Saddle oxfords.
(b) Patent-leather Mary Janes.
(c) Penny loafers.
(d) Blue canvas sneakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hopes that Anney can give Glen a son?
2. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
3. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
4. According to Earle, every third family in Greenville County swears it's what?
5. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mama trying to accomplish when she punishes Bone for stealing? In your opinion, does it work?
2. Bone says she doesn't want to go to Shannon's family barbecue, but she ends up going. Why do you think she goes?
3. Do either the Waddells or the Boatwrights respect Glen?
4. What is the implied meaning of the word "established" when uttered by the court clerk?
5. Bone finally sees a smile in Glen's eyes before he molests her, but it vanishes afterwards. Why?
6. Why does Mama find Bone's birth certificate upsetting?
7. Why is Bone drawn to Shannon Pearl?
8. Mama's family doesn't like Glen and don't want him to marry Mama. What are their reasons, and do you agree?
9. How does Bone's obsession with religion begin?
10. Why is Bone climbing over the fence into the Pearl's backyard?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)