|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Bone play in the wedding?
(a) Carried the rings.
(b) Gave the bride away.
(d) Carried the flowers.
2. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
(a) Wade, Beau, and Travis.
(b) Earle, Beau, and Nevil.
(c) Beau, Wade, and Earle.
(d) Earle, Nevil, and Travis.
3. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
(a) New York.
4. Who does Bone try to save from "heathen ways"?
(a) Her aunts.
(d) Her uncles.
5. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
(a) Pall Malls.
(b) None; Glen didn't smoke.
(c) He rolled his own cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what kind of car does Mama drive?
2. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
3. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
4. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
5. What causes Glen to sob in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Mama cares if people think she burned down the courthouse?
2. In Chapter 6, Mama tells the girls about she and her siblings making up foods they would never have or wouldn't want. Why does she do this?
3. How is Aunt Raylene different from her sisters?
4. Mama's family doesn't like Glen and don't want him to marry Mama. What are their reasons, and do you agree?
5. Describe Mama's and Aunt Ruth's relationship.
6. How does Aunt Raylene take care of Bone in the hospital?
7. Glen chooses different types of houses than the Boatwright aunts. Which type of house does Bone seem to prefer and why?
8. In Chapter 2, Mama tells Bone not to pay any attention to what Granny says because some women love their sons more than their daughters. What do you think the effect of this type of thinking is on female children?
9. Describe Aunt Alma's breakdown.
10. Aunt Ruth asks Bone if they can talk to each other, meaning she wonders if can they tell each other the truth. Do they?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)