|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Bone that Glen is "pure crazy where your mama's concerned"?
2. What does Mama cook on the sides of the pan with the eggs?
(a) Green tomato slices.
3. What does Boone spend her money earned from washing dishes on?
(c) Soda and candy.
(d) Secondhand books.
4. What is the setting in this book?
(a) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(b) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(c) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(d) Greenville, South Carolina.
5. What is the one thing that saves Glen from the Boatwrights' absolute contempt?
(a) His hands.
(b) His temper.
(c) His love for Anney.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Marvella and Maybelle?
2. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
3. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's?
4. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
5. How does Mama's first husband die?
Short Essay Questions
1. The first time Mama leaves Glen is for two weeks. What makes her decide to return?
2. Why is Bone drawn to Shannon Pearl?
3. Bone finally sees a smile in Glen's eyes before he molests her, but it vanishes afterwards. Why?
4. Bone says she doesn't want to go to Shannon's family barbecue, but she ends up going. Why do you think she goes?
5. Bone and her family begin moving frequently in Chapter 5, never staying in one place very long. Why is this?
6. What are the two things that people talk about when they talk about Glen? How are the two things alike?
7. Bone sees two different sides of Glen. Describe them.
8. Aunt Ruth asks Bone if they can talk to each other, meaning she wonders if can they tell each other the truth. Do they?
9. Mama's family doesn't like Glen and don't want him to marry Mama. What are their reasons, and do you agree?
10. How does Bone's relationship with Earle and Grey change after Alma's breakdown?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)