|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bone and Reese make fun of what in Chapter 5?
(a) Gray's voice.
(b) Little Earle's clothes.
(c) Glen's hands.
(d) Butch's hair.
2. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
(a) A yellow Cadillac and a house on Henderson road.
(b) Beautiful clothes.
(c) The fanciest house in Greenville.
(d) Her own diner.
3. Who knows the words to every song in the Baptist hymnal?
(a) Mrs. Pearl.
(c) Shannon Pearl.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Glen promise Mama?
(a) To adopt Bone and Reese when he has the money.
(b) To get a better job.
(c) To buy her a house.
(d) To be a better husband.
5. Whose photographic image is described "as flat and empty as a sheet of tin in the sun"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
2. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
3. What causes Glen to sob in Chapter 4?
4. Everyone knows that the Boatwright boys can be mean and have been to jail. How many Boatwright boys are there?
5. What color are Shannon Pearl's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Mama cares if people think she burned down the courthouse?
2. Why does Bone want to be a singer?
3. Bone says she doesn't want to go to Shannon's family barbecue, but she ends up going. Why do you think she goes?
4. Why does it take Mama two years of dating Glen before she married him?
5. How does Bone's obsession with religion begin?
6. Do either the Waddells or the Boatwrights respect Glen?
7. Describe Aunt Alma's breakdown.
8. Chapter 8 opens with the love knot disintegrating and being swept away. What does this foretell?
9. Why is Earle Bone's favorite uncle?
10. Why is Bone drawn to Shannon Pearl?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)