|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
(a) Cut flowers.
(b) Clip the grass.
(c) Cut each other's hair.
(d) Dig up weeds.
2. What clothing does Bone beg from her aunts?
(a) Her cousin's jeans.
(b) T-shirts from Bone's uncles.
(c) Mama's dresses.
(d) Earle and Beau's old denim workshirts.
3. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
4. What do the Waddell's call Bone and Reese?
(b) Glen's girls.
(c) Anney's girls.
5. How long does Mama date Glen?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
2. How many people are in the downstairs apartment, according to Grey?
3. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
4. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
5. In Chapter 3, what kind of car does Mama drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the love knot that the great-aunts make for Mama and Glen symbolize?
2. Describe Aunt Alma's breakdown.
3. In Chapter 8, Bone begins suffering many injuries at Glen's hands. Does it seem realistic that her mother wouldn't realize what is going on?
4. What are the two things that people talk about when they talk about Glen? How are the two things alike?
5. How does Aunt Raylene take care of Bone in the hospital?
6. Is Bone happy that Mama finally moves them away from Glen?
7. Do you think that Mama cares if people think she burned down the courthouse?
8. In Chapter 2, Mama tells Bone not to pay any attention to what Granny says because some women love their sons more than their daughters. What do you think the effect of this type of thinking is on female children?
9. How does Bone's obsession with religion begin?
10. Bone says she doesn't want to go to Shannon's family barbecue, but she ends up going. Why do you think she goes?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)