|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
(a) Wade, Beau, and Travis.
(b) Earle, Beau, and Nevil.
(c) Earle, Nevil, and Travis.
(d) Beau, Wade, and Earle.
2. What clothing does Bone beg from her aunts?
(a) Earle and Beau's old denim workshirts.
(b) Mama's dresses.
(c) Her cousin's jeans.
(d) T-shirts from Bone's uncles.
3. Who hopes that Anney can give Glen a son?
4. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
(a) New York.
5. What does Mrs. Parsons give Mama?
(a) A letter.
(b) Berries for making a pie.
(c) A special keepsake.
(d) Insurance money from the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mama date Glen?
2. What color is Bone's hair?
3. What does Mama feed the girls when there is little food in the house?
4. What is Glen grinning and boasting about in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Mama go to the courthouse on Bone's birthday each year?
Short Essay Questions
1. The beginning of Chapter 20 shows the healing of two people. Who are they?
2. The first time Mama leaves Glen is for two weeks. What makes her decide to return?
3. Bone finally sees a smile in Glen's eyes before he molests her, but it vanishes afterwards. Why?
4. Why does Glen come to Alma's house?
5. Why does Bone want to be a singer?
6. How is Aunt Raylene different from her sisters?
7. Describe the regrets that Bone has after Ruth dies.
8. As a young child, why does Bone idolize her uncles and want to be like them?
9. Glen chooses different types of houses than the Boatwright aunts. Which type of house does Bone seem to prefer and why?
10. Mama is so angry about her children going hungry that after yelling at Glen, she gets dressed and made up. Where does she go and why?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)