|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
2. What is one of the pretend meals that Bone and Reese make up?
(a) Peanut butter and steamed daffodils.
(b) Sugar-glazed turtle meat with poson greens.
(c) Fried rutabagas and jellos.
(d) Mashed bug meat with pickles.
3. What does Shannon Pearl talk about with Bone?
(a) The meanness of other children.
(b) She tells gruesome stories.
(c) God and the Bible.
4. What does Aunt Alma do that earned her Glen's contempt in Chapter 6?
(a) Moves out on her husband.
(b) Abandons her children.
(c) Has an affair.
(d) Gets a job.
5. Does Bone ever see her real father?
(b) Yes; when she was two years old.
(c) Yes; when she was five years old.
(d) Yes; eight days after she was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who compares Glen to a "junkyard dog waiting to steal a bone"?
2. What does Bone do in Chapter 9 that upsets Aunt Alma?
3. Who gives Bone a half-dollar and Reese a quarter?
4. Who gets caught stealing a quart of RC Cola from the grocery store?
5. Whose photographic image is described "as flat and empty as a sheet of tin in the sun"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the hook changed? What is Bone's reaction?
2. Why does it take Mama two years of dating Glen before she married him?
3. Glen is very happy about Mama's pregnancy. What does it mean for him?
4. What do you think of Glen's statement, "You're mine, all of you, mine" after Mama agrees to marry him?
5. Why does Bone create games like the "Dalton Girls" and the "Mean Sisters"?
6. Describe Bone at age 10.
7. Aunt Ruth asks Bone if they can talk to each other, meaning she wonders if can they tell each other the truth. Do they?
8. Why does Bone begin looking at herself in mirrors?
9. Bone and her family begin moving frequently in Chapter 5, never staying in one place very long. Why is this?
10. Why does Bone want to be a singer?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)