|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
(a) Penny loafers.
(b) Blue canvas sneakers.
(c) Patent-leather Mary Janes.
(d) Saddle oxfords.
2. How long does Mama date Glen?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two years.
3. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
(a) Earle, Nevil, and Travis.
(b) Beau, Wade, and Earle.
(c) Wade, Beau, and Travis.
(d) Earle, Beau, and Nevil.
4. Whose boots are bought in the boys' department of the Sears and Roebuck?
5. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
(a) The woman who runs the diner.
(b) Bone's grandmother.
(c) Glen's mother.
(d) Reese's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bone is a nickname for Ruth Anne. She is named after whom?
2. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
3. What does Mama feed the girls when there is little food in the house?
4. How many people are in the downstairs apartment, according to Grey?
5. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two things that people talk about when they talk about Glen? How are the two things alike?
2. In Chapter 6, Mama tells the girls about she and her siblings making up foods they would never have or wouldn't want. Why does she do this?
3. What does the love knot that the great-aunts make for Mama and Glen symbolize?
4. What is Mama trying to accomplish when she punishes Bone for stealing? In your opinion, does it work?
5. Describe Bone at age 10.
6. Why does Mama leave Glen only after her siblings find out that he has beaten Bone?
7. Who is Bone's favorite cousin and why?
8. Aunt Ruth tells Mama that she looks like a Boatwright after Lyle dies. What does she mean by that?
9. Describe Sheriff Cole. Does he really care what happens to Bone?
10. How does Bone's obsession with religion begin?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)