|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Alma's children is named Annie, but her nickname is what?
2. What was the first thing Mama did to Glen after he first hit Bone with a belt?
(a) Hugged Glen.
(b) Slapped Glen.
(c) Blamed Bone for the problem.
(d) Wiped away Bone's tears.
3. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
(a) Next door to Beau.
(b) By the JC Penney mill near the railroad tracks.
(c) Close to his brother.
(d) In the next county.
4. What does Bone feel when she passes the Woolworth's windows?
(b) Hunger and hatred.
5. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
(a) Earle, Beau, and Nevil.
(b) Beau, Wade, and Earle.
(c) Wade, Beau, and Travis.
(d) Earle, Nevil, and Travis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bone take roses from?
2. Does Bone ever see her real father?
3. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
4. When Bone is sitting on her aunt's porch, what music does she listen to?
5. According to Mama in Chapter 7, how did she and Aunt Raylene earn money when they were girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Glen chooses different types of houses than the Boatwright aunts. Which type of house does Bone seem to prefer and why?
2. Why does Bone create games like the "Dalton Girls" and the "Mean Sisters"?
3. What are the two things that people talk about when they talk about Glen? How are the two things alike?
4. What is the implied meaning of the word "established" when uttered by the court clerk?
5. In Chapter 2, Mama tells Bone not to pay any attention to what Granny says because some women love their sons more than their daughters. What do you think the effect of this type of thinking is on female children?
6. What do you think of Glen's statement, "You're mine, all of you, mine" after Mama agrees to marry him?
7. Why does Mama find Bone's birth certificate upsetting?
8. Why is Earle Bone's favorite uncle?
9. What does Bone know about her biological father?
10. After Glen beats Bone with a belt for the first time, Mama asks Bone what she did. Why doesn't Bone tell her?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)