|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
(a) Granny called Glen silly.
(b) Uncle Earle gave Mama money.
(c) The Boatwright uncles made fun of Glen.
(d) Glen and Uncle Earle had an argument.
2. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
(a) Earle, Beau, and Nevil.
(b) Earle, Nevil, and Travis.
(c) Beau, Wade, and Earle.
(d) Wade, Beau, and Travis.
3. What does Mama feed the girls when there is little food in the house?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Soda crackers and ketchup.
(d) Cold tomato soup.
4. What role does Bone play in the wedding?
(a) Carried the flowers.
(c) Gave the bride away.
(d) Carried the rings.
5. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Ham and watermelon.
(b) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
(c) Fried chicken and biscuits.
(d) Sandwiches and apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Matthew Parsons?
2. Bone is a nickname for Ruth Anne. She is named after whom?
3. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
4. After getting off work, what does Mama smell like in Chapter 3?
5. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the changes in Reese in Chapter 12.
2. Why does Bone create games like the "Dalton Girls" and the "Mean Sisters"?
3. Why is Bone drawn to Shannon Pearl?
4. Aunt Ruth asks Bone if they can talk to each other, meaning she wonders if can they tell each other the truth. Do they?
5. In trying to help Bone understand why her mother hasn't visited her, Aunt Raylene reveals something about herself that Bone didn't know. What is it?
6. Why does it take Mama two years of dating Glen before she married him?
7. Why is Bone climbing over the fence into the Pearl's backyard?
8. Who is Bone's favorite cousin and why?
9. What does the love knot that the great-aunts make for Mama and Glen symbolize?
10. Chapter 8 opens with the love knot disintegrating and being swept away. What does this foretell?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)