|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Bone ever see her real father?
(a) Yes; when she was two years old.
(b) Yes; when she was five years old.
(d) Yes; eight days after she was born.
2. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
(a) Dig up weeds.
(b) Cut flowers.
(c) Cut each other's hair.
(d) Clip the grass.
3. Who comes to the diner almost everyday for lunch?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(c) The preacher.
4. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
5. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
(a) Beau, Wade, and Earle.
(b) Earle, Nevil, and Travis.
(c) Wade, Beau, and Travis.
(d) Earle, Beau, and Nevil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
2. Where is Glen when Mama cooks eggs for Bone and Reese?
3. How many people are in the downstairs apartment, according to Grey?
4. What does Glen hope to receive from his brother, James?
5. Who can't sleep past sunrise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bone create games like the "Dalton Girls" and the "Mean Sisters"?
2. Describe Shannon Pearl.
3. What is the implied meaning of the word "established" when uttered by the court clerk?
4. Why is Earle Bone's favorite uncle?
5. Why is Bone drawn to Shannon Pearl?
6. Bone says she doesn't want to go to Shannon's family barbecue, but she ends up going. Why do you think she goes?
7. How is the hook changed? What is Bone's reaction?
8. Bone finally sees a smile in Glen's eyes before he molests her, but it vanishes afterwards. Why?
9. Who is Bone's favorite cousin and why?
10. Why does Mama leave Glen only after her siblings find out that he has beaten Bone?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)