|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Marvella and Maybelle?
(b) Mama's friends at the diner.
(c) Glen's sisters.
(d) The Eustis aunts.
2. Who comes to the diner almost everyday for lunch?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(c) The preacher.
3. What color are Shannon Pearl's eyes?
4. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
(a) Visits the library.
(b) Listens to the radio.
(c) Attends church services for young people.
(d) Attends revivals.
5. Who gets caught stealing a quart of RC Cola from the grocery store?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as "black-headed and strange" with a "man-type part"?
2. Who was the nurse at the hospital?
3. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
4. In Chapter 7, who does Mama describe as "just bad all the way through"?
5. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bone climbing over the fence into the Pearl's backyard?
2. What do you think of Glen's statement, "You're mine, all of you, mine" after Mama agrees to marry him?
3. How is the hook changed? What is Bone's reaction?
4. Why is Bone drawn to Shannon Pearl?
5. Why does Mama leave Glen only after her siblings find out that he has beaten Bone?
6. Chapter 8 opens with the love knot disintegrating and being swept away. What does this foretell?
7. Why does Glen come to Alma's house?
8. Explain the significance of Aunt Alma's scrapbook for Bone.
9. Glen's photograph tells a viewer little about him. Bone says his eyes are empty. What might this mean?
10. Do you think that Mama cares if people think she burned down the courthouse?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)