|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Bone play in the wedding?
(a) Carried the flowers.
(b) Carried the rings.
(d) Gave the bride away.
2. What is the setting in this book?
(a) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(b) Greenville, South Carolina.
(c) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(d) Charlotte, North Carolina.
3. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
(a) Bury it in the garden.
(b) Near the front door.
(c) In a flower pot.
(d) Under the mattress.
4. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
(a) Saddle oxfords.
(b) Penny loafers.
(c) Blue canvas sneakers.
(d) Patent-leather Mary Janes.
5. In Chapter 7, who does Mama describe as "just bad all the way through"?
(b) Tommy Lee.
(d) Little Earle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
2. How many people are in the downstairs apartment, according to Grey?
3. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
4. Where is Glen when Mama cooks eggs for Bone and Reese?
5. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Glen's photograph tells a viewer little about him. Bone says his eyes are empty. What might this mean?
2. Chapter 8 opens with the love knot disintegrating and being swept away. What does this foretell?
3. Who is Bone's favorite cousin and why?
4. Describe Sheriff Cole. Does he really care what happens to Bone?
5. Do either the Waddells or the Boatwrights respect Glen?
6. Why does Ruth like being pregnant?
7. Why does the world that comes over the radio seem far away to Bone in Chapter 2?
8. Glen is very happy about Mama's pregnancy. What does it mean for him?
9. The first time Mama leaves Glen is for two weeks. What makes her decide to return?
10. Bone finally sees a smile in Glen's eyes before he molests her, but it vanishes afterwards. Why?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)