|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reese's father?
(a) Glen Waddell.
(b) Lyle Parsons.
(c) Travis Smith.
(d) Earle Boatwright.
2. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
(a) Glen's mother.
(b) Bone's grandmother.
(c) Reese's grandmother.
(d) The woman who runs the diner.
3. Which aunt does Bone spend her summer helping to take care of?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Aunt Ruth.
(d) Aunt Carr.
4. Where does Mama go with Bone and Reese when they leave the hospital?
(a) Aunt Alma's.
(b) Aunt Raylene's.
(c) Aunt Ruth's.
5. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(a) A nurse at the hospital.
(c) An intern at the hospital.
(d) A teacher from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
3. Who owns Sunshine Dairy?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Glen promise Mama?
5. What does Mrs. Parsons give Mama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the implied meaning of the word "established" when uttered by the court clerk?
2. Describe Mama's and Aunt Ruth's relationship.
3. Why does Glen come to Alma's house?
4. Why is Earle Bone's favorite uncle?
5. Who is Bone's favorite cousin and why?
6. In Chapter 8, Bone begins suffering many injuries at Glen's hands. Does it seem realistic that her mother wouldn't realize what is going on?
7. Why does Mama leave Glen only after her siblings find out that he has beaten Bone?
8. Mama's family doesn't like Glen and don't want him to marry Mama. What are their reasons, and do you agree?
9. Explain the significance of Aunt Alma's scrapbook for Bone.
10. Aunt Ruth asks Bone if they can talk to each other, meaning she wonders if can they tell each other the truth. Do they?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)