|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what kind of car does Mama drive?
2. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
(a) Near the front door.
(b) Bury it in the garden.
(c) Under the mattress.
(d) In a flower pot.
3. What season of the year does Mama marry Glen?
4. According to Granny, who is stuck up and full of themselves?
(a) Lyle's family.
(b) The Waddells.
(c) The preacher's family.
(d) Bone's real father's family.
5. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(c) Uncle Earle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
2. Who is Matthew Parsons?
3. What causes Glen to sob in Chapter 4?
4. What does Boone compare the hair of her sick aunt to?
5. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bone begin looking at herself in mirrors?
2. Bone finally sees a smile in Glen's eyes before he molests her, but it vanishes afterwards. Why?
3. Mama's family doesn't like Glen and don't want him to marry Mama. What are their reasons, and do you agree?
4. Explain the significance of Aunt Alma's scrapbook for Bone.
5. In Chapter 8, Bone begins suffering many injuries at Glen's hands. Does it seem realistic that her mother wouldn't realize what is going on?
6. How is Aunt Raylene different from her sisters?
7. Describe the differences between Mama and her girls and the children of Glen's brothers.
8. After Glen beats Bone with a belt for the first time, Mama asks Bone what she did. Why doesn't Bone tell her?
9. Why does Bone want to be a singer?
10. Do you think that Mama cares if people think she burned down the courthouse?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)