|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama feed the girls when there is little food in the house?
(b) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Cold tomato soup.
(d) Soda crackers and ketchup.
2. According to Aunt Madeline, kids are what?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) Billy goats.
(c) A delight.
3. Who does Bone love best of all her cousins?
(a) Patsy Ruth.
4. According to Granny, who is stuck up and full of themselves?
(a) Bone's real father's family.
(b) Lyle's family.
(c) The Waddells.
(d) The preacher's family.
5. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
(a) Saddle oxfords.
(b) Penny loafers.
(c) Patent-leather Mary Janes.
(d) Blue canvas sneakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
2. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
3. Who is Bone's favorite uncle?
4. What is the one thing that saves Glen from the Boatwrights' absolute contempt?
5. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of Aunt Alma's scrapbook for Bone.
2. Bone and her family begin moving frequently in Chapter 5, never staying in one place very long. Why is this?
3. Aunt Ruth tells Mama that she looks like a Boatwright after Lyle dies. What does she mean by that?
4. How does Bone's obsession with religion begin?
5. Is Bone happy that Mama finally moves them away from Glen?
6. Mama's family doesn't like Glen and don't want him to marry Mama. What are their reasons, and do you agree?
7. How is the hook changed? What is Bone's reaction?
8. Why does Mama find Bone's birth certificate upsetting?
9. Why does Bone want to be a singer?
10. In Chapter 8, Bone begins suffering many injuries at Glen's hands. Does it seem realistic that her mother wouldn't realize what is going on?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)