|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bone like to listen to on the radio early in the morning?
(a) The Grand Ol' Opry.
(b) Sunrise Gospel Hour.
(c) The Carter Family Special.
(d) Rock and roll.
2. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
(a) Her own diner.
(b) A yellow Cadillac and a house on Henderson road.
(c) The fanciest house in Greenville.
(d) Beautiful clothes.
3. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
4. Whose boots are bought in the boys' department of the Sears and Roebuck?
5. What is Glen grinning and boasting about in Chapter 4?
(a) His new house.
(b) Mama is pregnant.
(c) Getting married.
(d) His new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. When and where does the first incident of Glen molesting Bone occur?
2. What does Mrs. Parsons give Mama?
3. Who gives Bone a half-dollar and Reese a quarter?
4. In Chapter 7, who does Mama describe as "just bad all the way through"?
5. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mama's and Aunt Ruth's relationship.
2. Glen's photograph tells a viewer little about him. Bone says his eyes are empty. What might this mean?
3. Why does Bone try to scare Reese against hitchhiking while at the same time doing it herself?
4. Why does Bone want to be a singer?
5. Why is Earle Bone's favorite uncle?
6. In Chapter 8, Bone begins suffering many injuries at Glen's hands. Does it seem realistic that her mother wouldn't realize what is going on?
7. Why does the world that comes over the radio seem far away to Bone in Chapter 2?
8. Bone sees two different sides of Glen. Describe them.
9. Why does Glen come to Alma's house?
10. Describe Aunt Alma's breakdown.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)