|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns Sunshine Dairy?
(a) Bodine Waddell.
(b) Daryl Boatwright.
(c) Danny Yarboro.
(d) Butch James.
2. What does Aunt Alma do that earned her Glen's contempt in Chapter 6?
(a) Gets a job.
(b) Moves out on her husband.
(c) Abandons her children.
(d) Has an affair.
3. According to Aunt Madeline, kids are what?
(a) Billy goats.
(c) A delight.
(d) A nuisance.
4. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
5. Where is Mama working when she meets her second husband?
(a) Textile mill.
(b) White Horse Cafe.
(c) Gas station.
(d) Sears, Roebuck Auto Outlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bone's favorite uncle?
2. What was the first thing Mama did to Glen after he first hit Bone with a belt?
3. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
4. Who does Bone take roses from?
5. Who cleans Bone's house in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two things that people talk about when they talk about Glen? How are the two things alike?
2. Describe the changes in Reese in Chapter 12.
3. In Chapter 8, Bone begins suffering many injuries at Glen's hands. Does it seem realistic that her mother wouldn't realize what is going on?
4. Describe the regrets that Bone has after Ruth dies.
5. Explain the significance of Aunt Alma's scrapbook for Bone.
6. Glen's photograph tells a viewer little about him. Bone says his eyes are empty. What might this mean?
7. In Chapter 6, Mama tells the girls about she and her siblings making up foods they would never have or wouldn't want. Why does she do this?
8. How does Bone's relationship with Earle and Grey change after Alma's breakdown?
9. How is the hook changed? What is Bone's reaction?
10. After Glen beats Bone with a belt for the first time, Mama asks Bone what she did. Why doesn't Bone tell her?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)