|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knows the words to every song in the Baptist hymnal?
(c) Shannon Pearl.
(d) Mrs. Pearl.
2. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
(a) Uncle Earle.
3. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
(a) He rolled his own cigarettes.
(b) None; Glen didn't smoke.
(c) Pall Malls.
4. Who is Matthew Parsons?
(a) Mrs. Parsons' brother.
(b) Mrs. Parsons' son.
(c) Mrs. Parsons' husband.
(d) Mrs. Parsons' cousin.
5. Where does Mama go with Bone and Reese when they leave the hospital?
(a) Aunt Raylene's.
(c) Aunt Ruth's.
(d) Aunt Alma's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing does Bone beg from her aunts?
2. What does Mama cook on the sides of the pan with the eggs?
3. Why does Mama go to the courthouse on Bone's birthday each year?
4. Who has many jobs, including one at the RC Cola plant?
5. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aunt Ruth asks Bone if they can talk to each other, meaning she wonders if can they tell each other the truth. Do they?
2. Why does Bone create games like the "Dalton Girls" and the "Mean Sisters"?
3. Why does Glen come to Alma's house?
4. Do you think that Mama cares if people think she burned down the courthouse?
5. What is Mama trying to accomplish when she punishes Bone for stealing? In your opinion, does it work?
6. After Glen beats Bone with a belt for the first time, Mama asks Bone what she did. Why doesn't Bone tell her?
7. How does Aunt Raylene take care of Bone in the hospital?
8. In Chapter 2, Mama tells Bone not to pay any attention to what Granny says because some women love their sons more than their daughters. What do you think the effect of this type of thinking is on female children?
9. Aunt Ruth tells Mama that she looks like a Boatwright after Lyle dies. What does she mean by that?
10. Describe Sheriff Cole. Does he really care what happens to Bone?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)