|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knows the words to every song in the Baptist hymnal?
(a) Mrs. Pearl.
(d) Shannon Pearl.
2. Where does Aunt Carr live?
3. Who is referred to as "black-headed and strange" with a "man-type part"?
4. How old is Mama when Bone was born?
5. What does Mrs. Parsons give Mama?
(a) Berries for making a pie.
(b) A letter.
(c) Insurance money from the army.
(d) A special keepsake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family move to after Bone turned ten years old?
2. When Bone is sitting on her aunt's porch, what music does she listen to?
3. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
4. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
5. What does Boone spend her money earned from washing dishes on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aunt Alma's breakdown.
2. Why does Mama leave Glen only after her siblings find out that he has beaten Bone?
3. Why does Glen come to Alma's house?
4. Bone sees two different sides of Glen. Describe them.
5. What are the two things that people talk about when they talk about Glen? How are the two things alike?
6. Glen is very happy about Mama's pregnancy. What does it mean for him?
7. Why is Bone climbing over the fence into the Pearl's backyard?
8. Glen's photograph tells a viewer little about him. Bone says his eyes are empty. What might this mean?
9. Why does Ruth like being pregnant?
10. When Mrs. Parson's comes to visit and bring Lyle's insurance money, Mama struggles between being polite and hoping Mrs. Parson leave before Glen returns home. What do you think Glen would do?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)