|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the diner almost everyday for lunch?
(a) Uncle Earle.
(d) The preacher.
2. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
(a) Beautiful clothes.
(b) A yellow Cadillac and a house on Henderson road.
(c) The fanciest house in Greenville.
(d) Her own diner.
3. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
(a) Her father would make payments on her car.
(b) She lost her job and home.
(c) She just left a bad relationship.
(d) Her mother was dying.
4. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
(a) Pall Malls.
(c) None; Glen didn't smoke.
(d) He rolled his own cigarettes.
5. Who tells Mama, "Now you look like a Boatwright"?
(a) Aunt Alma.
(b) Aunt Ruth.
(c) Aunt Raylene.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
2. What do the Waddell's call Bone and Reese?
3. Who has many jobs, including one at the RC Cola plant?
4. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
5. Which aunt does Bone spend her summer helping to take care of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shannon Pearl.
2. As a young child, why does Bone idolize her uncles and want to be like them?
3. In trying to help Bone understand why her mother hasn't visited her, Aunt Raylene reveals something about herself that Bone didn't know. What is it?
4. How is Aunt Raylene different from her sisters?
5. Describe Aunt Alma's breakdown.
6. Chapter 8 opens with the love knot disintegrating and being swept away. What does this foretell?
7. How is the hook changed? What is Bone's reaction?
8. In Chapter 6, Mama tells the girls about she and her siblings making up foods they would never have or wouldn't want. Why does she do this?
9. Why does Mama leave Glen only after her siblings find out that he has beaten Bone?
10. Glen chooses different types of houses than the Boatwright aunts. Which type of house does Bone seem to prefer and why?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)