|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what about Glen makes Bone nervous?
(a) His hands.
(b) His temper.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His smile.
2. Everyone knows that the Boatwright boys can be mean and have been to jail. How many Boatwright boys are there?
3. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(a) Hospital clerk.
(b) The doctor.
(d) County office.
4. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
(a) Being clumsy.
(b) Playing rough with her cousins.
(c) Physical abuse from Glen.
(d) Self abuse.
5. What is the setting in this book?
(a) Greenville, South Carolina.
(b) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
6. Who gives Bone a half-dollar and Reese a quarter?
(b) Bodine Waddell.
(c) Uncle Earle.
7. How does Mama's first husband die?
(b) Someone shot him.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Someone stabbed him.
8. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
(a) The fanciest house in Greenville.
(b) Her own diner.
(c) Beautiful clothes.
(d) A yellow Cadillac and a house on Henderson road.
9. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(a) An intern at the hospital.
(b) A teacher from school.
(c) A nurse at the hospital.
10. What does Bone do in Chapter 9 that upsets Aunt Alma?
(a) Sets fire to things.
(b) Stays by herself.
(c) Beats up her younger cousins.
(d) Tells gruesome stories.
11. What does Shannon Pearl talk about with Bone?
(a) God and the Bible.
(b) She tells gruesome stories.
(d) The meanness of other children.
12. In Chapter 3, what kind of car does Mama drive?
13. What does Boone spend her money earned from washing dishes on?
(a) Soda and candy.
(b) Secondhand books.
14. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
15. Where is Mama working when she meets her second husband?
(a) White Horse Cafe.
(b) Sears, Roebuck Auto Outlet.
(c) Textile mill.
(d) Gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season of the year does Mama marry Glen?
2. When and where does the first incident of Glen molesting Bone occur?
3. What does Bone feel when she passes the Woolworth's windows?
4. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
5. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)