|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Alma's children is named Annie, but her nickname is what?
2. Where does Aunt Carr live?
3. What is the setting in this book?
(a) Greenville, South Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
4. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(b) A teacher from school.
(c) An intern at the hospital.
(d) A nurse at the hospital.
5. Bone and Reese make fun of what in Chapter 5?
(a) Butch's hair.
(b) Little Earle's clothes.
(c) Glen's hands.
(d) Gray's voice.
6. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
(a) She lost her job and home.
(b) Her father would make payments on her car.
(c) Her mother was dying.
(d) She just left a bad relationship.
7. Who gets caught stealing a quart of RC Cola from the grocery store?
8. According to Aunt Madeline, kids are what?
(a) Billy goats.
(b) A nuisance.
(d) A delight.
9. What states do the gospel circuit run from?
(a) South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Tennessee.
(b) North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama.
(c) West Virginia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia.
(d) Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina.
10. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
(a) Dig up weeds.
(b) Cut each other's hair.
(c) Clip the grass.
(d) Cut flowers.
11. According to Granny, who is stuck up and full of themselves?
(a) Bone's real father's family.
(b) Lyle's family.
(c) The Waddells.
(d) The preacher's family.
12. According to Mama in Chapter 7, how did she and Aunt Raylene earn money when they were girls?
(a) Baking pies.
(b) Selling junk by the side of the road.
(c) Picking strawberries.
(d) Washing dishes.
13. What does Boone compare the hair of her sick aunt to?
(a) Orange straw.
(b) A porcupine.
(c) A horse's mane.
(d) An old dust mop.
14. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
(a) Reese's grandmother.
(b) Glen's mother.
(c) Bone's grandmother.
(d) The woman who runs the diner.
15. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(b) Hospital clerk.
(c) County office.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bone do in Chapter 9 that upsets Aunt Alma?
2. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
3. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
4. What season of the year does Mama marry Glen?
5. Bone is a nickname for Ruth Anne. She is named after whom?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)