|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
(a) He rolled his own cigarettes.
(b) Pall Malls.
(c) None; Glen didn't smoke.
2. What does Mrs. Parsons give Mama?
(a) Berries for making a pie.
(b) A letter.
(c) Insurance money from the army.
(d) A special keepsake.
3. Where is Mama working when she meets her second husband?
(a) Gas station.
(b) Sears, Roebuck Auto Outlet.
(c) White Horse Cafe.
(d) Textile mill.
4. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
(b) Sandwiches and apples.
(c) Ham and watermelon.
(d) Fried chicken and biscuits.
5. What role does Bone play in the wedding?
(b) Carried the flowers.
(c) Gave the bride away.
(d) Carried the rings.
6. What does Shannon Pearl talk about with Bone?
(a) God and the Bible.
(b) She tells gruesome stories.
(c) The meanness of other children.
7. How long does Mama date Glen?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
8. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
(a) The fanciest house in Greenville.
(b) Her own diner.
(c) A yellow Cadillac and a house on Henderson road.
(d) Beautiful clothes.
9. Where does Mama go with Bone and Reese when they leave the hospital?
(b) Aunt Raylene's.
(c) Aunt Alma's.
(d) Aunt Ruth's.
10. What does Glen hope to receive from his brother, James?
(c) A job.
(d) A house.
11. Who does Granny call an "ugly, ugly little thing"?
(b) Little Earle.
(c) Patsy Ruth.
12. Who does Bone love best of all her cousins?
(c) Patsy Ruth.
13. According to Granny, who is stuck up and full of themselves?
(a) The Waddells.
(b) The preacher's family.
(c) Bone's real father's family.
(d) Lyle's family.
14. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
(a) His height and his personality.
(b) His family and his arms.
(c) His strength and how he loved Mama.
(d) His hands and temper.
15. Who owns Sunshine Dairy?
(a) Bodine Waddell.
(b) Butch James.
(c) Danny Yarboro.
(d) Daryl Boatwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Bone that Glen is "pure crazy where your mama's concerned"?
2. How old is Mama when Bone was born?
3. Why does Mama go to the courthouse on Bone's birthday each year?
4. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
5. What color is Bone's hair?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)