|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bone feel when she passes the Woolworth's windows?
(c) Hunger and hatred.
2. Who cleans Bone's house in Chapter 4?
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Aunt Ruth.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
3. In Chapter 5, what about Glen makes Bone nervous?
(a) His temper.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His smile.
4. What causes Glen to sob in Chapter 4?
(a) Mama lost the baby and can't have more.
(b) He is sorry about molesting Bone.
(c) He loses his job.
(d) An argument with his father.
5. Who is Reese's father?
(a) Travis Smith.
(b) Earle Boatwright.
(c) Glen Waddell.
(d) Lyle Parsons.
6. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
(a) She lost her job and home.
(b) Her father would make payments on her car.
(c) She just left a bad relationship.
(d) Her mother was dying.
7. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
(a) By the JC Penney mill near the railroad tracks.
(b) Close to his brother.
(c) Next door to Beau.
(d) In the next county.
8. What is the setting in this book?
(a) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(b) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(c) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(d) Greenville, South Carolina.
9. In Chapter 3, what kind of car does Mama drive?
10. Who tells Bone that Glen is "pure crazy where your mama's concerned"?
11. When and where does the first incident of Glen molesting Bone occur?
(a) In the front seat of the car while Mama was in the hospital.
(b) In the bathroom when he was punishing Bone.
(c) In the back seat of the car after he lost his job.
(d) In Bone's bedroom soon after the honeymoon.
12. Who does Bone tell about her dream to be a gospel singer?
13. What is one of the pretend meals that Bone and Reese make up?
(a) Sugar-glazed turtle meat with poson greens.
(b) Mashed bug meat with pickles.
(c) Peanut butter and steamed daffodils.
(d) Fried rutabagas and jellos.
14. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
(a) His hands and temper.
(b) His family and his arms.
(c) His height and his personality.
(d) His strength and how he loved Mama.
15. According to Aunt Madeline, kids are what?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) Billy goats.
(d) A delight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mama date Glen?
2. Where does Aunt Carr live?
3. After getting off work, what does Mama smell like in Chapter 3?
4. Who is referred to as "black-headed and strange" with a "man-type part"?
5. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)