|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
(a) Playing rough with her cousins.
(b) Physical abuse from Glen.
(c) Being clumsy.
(d) Self abuse.
2. Where is Mama working when she meets her second husband?
(a) White Horse Cafe.
(b) Sears, Roebuck Auto Outlet.
(c) Textile mill.
(d) Gas station.
3. Who does Bone try to save from "heathen ways"?
(b) Her uncles.
(c) Her aunts.
4. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(b) The doctor.
(c) County office.
(d) Hospital clerk.
5. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
6. Who is Reese's father?
(a) Glen Waddell.
(b) Earle Boatwright.
(c) Lyle Parsons.
(d) Travis Smith.
7. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
(a) Near the front door.
(b) Under the mattress.
(c) Bury it in the garden.
(d) In a flower pot.
8. What role does Bone play in the wedding?
(a) Gave the bride away.
(b) Carried the rings.
(d) Carried the flowers.
9. Who are Marvella and Maybelle?
(a) The Eustis aunts.
(b) Mama's friends at the diner.
(d) Glen's sisters.
10. Bone and Reese make fun of what in Chapter 5?
(a) Gray's voice.
(b) Butch's hair.
(c) Glen's hands.
(d) Little Earle's clothes.
11. One of Alma's children is named Annie, but her nickname is what?
12. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
(c) Uncle Earle.
13. Where does the family move to after Bone turned ten years old?
(a) East Greenville.
(b) West Greenville.
(d) Out in the country.
14. What color is Bone's hair?
(d) Midnight black.
15. What does Bone do in Chapter 9 that upsets Aunt Alma?
(a) Stays by herself.
(b) Beats up her younger cousins.
(c) Sets fire to things.
(d) Tells gruesome stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Glen's first job after the move in Chapter 8?
2. How many people are in the downstairs apartment, according to Grey?
3. Where is Glen when Mama cooks eggs for Bone and Reese?
4. Who is Aunt Alma's oldest girl?
5. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)