|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boone spend her money earned from washing dishes on?
(a) Secondhand books.
(c) Soda and candy.
2. Where does Aunt Carr live?
3. How often do Bone's family visit Glen's family?
(b) About every other month.
(c) Once a year.
(d) A couple of times a month.
4. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
5. Who comes to the diner almost everyday for lunch?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(d) The preacher.
6. Who is Bone's favorite uncle?
7. Who are Marvella and Maybelle?
(a) Glen's sisters.
(b) Mama's friends at the diner.
(d) The Eustis aunts.
8. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
(a) His strength and how he loved Mama.
(b) His height and his personality.
(c) His hands and temper.
(d) His family and his arms.
9. In Chapter 7, who does Mama describe as "just bad all the way through"?
(a) Little Earle.
(c) Tommy Lee.
10. Everyone knows that the Boatwright boys can be mean and have been to jail. How many Boatwright boys are there?
11. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(a) A nurse at the hospital.
(c) An intern at the hospital.
(d) A teacher from school.
12. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
13. According to Mama in Chapter 7, how did she and Aunt Raylene earn money when they were girls?
(a) Picking strawberries.
(b) Selling junk by the side of the road.
(c) Baking pies.
(d) Washing dishes.
14. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
(b) Uncle Earle.
15. Who is referred to as "black-headed and strange" with a "man-type part"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bone feel when she passes the Woolworth's windows?
2. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
3. Who takes photos of everyone with a camera in Chapter 3?
4. What does Shannon Pearl's father do for a living?
5. What does Shannon Pearl talk about with Bone?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)