|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose boots are bought in the boys' department of the Sears and Roebuck?
2. What was the first thing Mama did to Glen after he first hit Bone with a belt?
(a) Blamed Bone for the problem.
(b) Hugged Glen.
(c) Wiped away Bone's tears.
(d) Slapped Glen.
3. Who can't sleep past sunrise?
4. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
(b) New York.
5. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
(a) Beautiful clothes.
(b) Her own diner.
(c) A yellow Cadillac and a house on Henderson road.
(d) The fanciest house in Greenville.
6. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
7. Who is Reese's father?
(a) Travis Smith.
(b) Earle Boatwright.
(c) Lyle Parsons.
(d) Glen Waddell.
8. Who are Marvella and Maybelle?
(a) Glen's sisters.
(b) Mama's friends at the diner.
(d) The Eustis aunts.
9. What is one of the pretend meals that Bone and Reese make up?
(a) Peanut butter and steamed daffodils.
(b) Fried rutabagas and jellos.
(c) Sugar-glazed turtle meat with poson greens.
(d) Mashed bug meat with pickles.
10. How does Mama's first husband die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Someone stabbed him.
(d) Someone shot him.
11. Where does the family move to after Bone turned ten years old?
(b) Out in the country.
(c) West Greenville.
(d) East Greenville.
12. Which aunt does Bone spend her summer helping to take care of?
(a) Aunt Ruth.
(b) Aunt Carr.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
13. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
(a) Granny called Glen silly.
(b) Glen and Uncle Earle had an argument.
(c) The Boatwright uncles made fun of Glen.
(d) Uncle Earle gave Mama money.
14. Who throws Reese up in the air so high that it looks like she is going to fly?
15. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
(a) Mrs. Pearl's specialty sewing.
(b) Welfare checks.
(c) A percentage from the revivals.
(d) An inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bone like to listen to on the radio early in the morning?
2. What clothing does Bone beg from her aunts?
3. What happens when Bone is hungry?
4. Who is Matthew Parsons?
5. What was Glen's first job after the move in Chapter 8?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)