|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
(a) Under the mattress.
(b) Bury it in the garden.
(c) In a flower pot.
(d) Near the front door.
2. Who is Matthew Parsons?
(a) Mrs. Parsons' cousin.
(b) Mrs. Parsons' husband.
(c) Mrs. Parsons' son.
(d) Mrs. Parsons' brother.
3. How many people are in the downstairs apartment, according to Grey?
4. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
(a) Wade, Beau, and Travis.
(b) Earle, Nevil, and Travis.
(c) Beau, Wade, and Earle.
(d) Earle, Beau, and Nevil.
5. What are the occupations of Glen's brothers?
(a) Lawyer and dentist.
(b) Business owner and builder.
(c) Car salesman and reporter.
(d) Doctor and banker.
6. When Bone is sitting on her aunt's porch, what music does she listen to?
(a) Gospel music.
(b) Kitty Wells and George Jones.
(c) Johnny Cash and June Carter.
(d) Loretta Lynn.
7. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
(a) Attends revivals.
(b) Attends church services for young people.
(c) Visits the library.
(d) Listens to the radio.
8. What was Glen's first job after the move in Chapter 8?
(a) Account salesman for a uniform company.
(b) Working for a box company.
(c) Working at the RC Cola plant.
(d) Driving a route for Dr. Pepper.
9. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(a) An intern at the hospital.
(b) A teacher from school.
(c) A nurse at the hospital.
10. In Chapter 5, what does Glen promise Mama?
(a) To get a better job.
(b) To be a better husband.
(c) To adopt Bone and Reese when he has the money.
(d) To buy her a house.
11. What does Boone spend her money earned from washing dishes on?
(a) Secondhand books.
(c) Soda and candy.
12. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
(a) Pall Malls.
(b) He rolled his own cigarettes.
(c) None; Glen didn't smoke.
13. According to Earle, every third family in Greenville County swears it's what?
14. After getting off work, what does Mama smell like in Chapter 3?
(a) Salt and fried food.
(b) Coffee and smoke.
(d) Sugar and cream.
15. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(c) Uncle Nevil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bone do in Chapter 9 that upsets Aunt Alma?
2. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
3. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
4. What is one of the pretend meals that Bone and Reese make up?
5. What color are Shannon Pearl's eyes?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)