Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granny call an "ugly, ugly little thing"?
(b) Little Earle.
(c) Patsy Ruth.
2. How long does Mama date Glen?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
3. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
(a) Mama drops them off.
(d) Ride with Uncle Earle.
4. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(a) An intern at the hospital.
(b) A teacher from school.
(c) A nurse at the hospital.
5. According to Mama in Chapter 7, how did she and Aunt Raylene earn money when they were girls?
(a) Baking pies.
(b) Picking strawberries.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Selling junk by the side of the road.
6. What does Mama cook on the sides of the pan with the eggs?
(b) Green tomato slices.
7. What does Glen hope to receive from his brother, James?
(a) A house.
(d) A job.
8. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
(a) In the next county.
(b) Close to his brother.
(c) By the JC Penney mill near the railroad tracks.
(d) Next door to Beau.
9. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
10. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Sandwiches and apples.
(b) Ham and watermelon.
(c) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
(d) Fried chicken and biscuits.
11. Who does Bone love best of all her cousins?
(d) Patsy Ruth.
12. What are the occupations of Glen's brothers?
(a) Business owner and builder.
(b) Doctor and banker.
(c) Lawyer and dentist.
(d) Car salesman and reporter.
13. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
(a) Mrs. Pearl's specialty sewing.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A percentage from the revivals.
(d) Welfare checks.
14. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(a) County office.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Hospital clerk.
15. Which aunt does Bone spend her summer helping to take care of?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Aunt Ruth.
(c) Aunt Carr.
(d) Aunt Alma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the nurse at the hospital?
2. Bone wanted hands as strong as Glen's. How did she exercise them?
3. In Chapter 7, who does Mama describe as "just bad all the way through"?
4. What is the setting in this book?
5. Where does Aunt Carr live?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)