|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
2. Who knows the words to every song in the Baptist hymnal?
(a) Mrs. Pearl.
(b) Shannon Pearl.
3. Who is referred to as "black-headed and strange" with a "man-type part"?
4. How long did Mama and the kids live away from Glen?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
5. Bone is a nickname for Ruth Anne. She is named after whom?
(a) Mother and grandmother.
(b) Aunt and mother.
(c) Great aunt and cousin.
(d) Grandmother and aunt.
6. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
(a) New York.
7. What role does Bone play in the wedding?
(a) Carried the flowers.
(b) Carried the rings.
(c) Gave the bride away.
8. What color are Shannon Pearl's eyes?
9. One of Alma's children is named Annie, but her nickname is what?
10. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Uncle Earle.
11. Where does Mama go with Bone and Reese when they leave the hospital?
(a) Aunt Raylene's.
(b) Aunt Alma's.
(c) Aunt Ruth's.
12. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
(a) Ride with Uncle Earle.
(b) Mama drops them off.
13. Who cleans Bone's house in Chapter 4?
(a) Aunt Ruth.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
14. Who is Matthew Parsons?
(a) Mrs. Parsons' son.
(b) Mrs. Parsons' brother.
(c) Mrs. Parsons' cousin.
(d) Mrs. Parsons' husband.
15. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(a) An intern at the hospital.
(b) A nurse at the hospital.
(d) A teacher from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets caught stealing a quart of RC Cola from the grocery store?
2. What season of the year does Mama marry Glen?
3. Who has many jobs, including one at the RC Cola plant?
4. What does Boone compare the hair of her sick aunt to?
5. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)