|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Alma's oldest girl?
(c) Patsy Ruth.
2. Where is Mama working when she meets her second husband?
(a) Gas station.
(b) Sears, Roebuck Auto Outlet.
(c) Textile mill.
(d) White Horse Cafe.
3. What do the Waddell's call Bone and Reese?
(a) Glen's girls.
(d) Anney's girls.
4. Who does Bone try to save from "heathen ways"?
(a) Her uncles.
(b) Her aunts.
5. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
(a) Her mother was dying.
(b) She just left a bad relationship.
(c) She lost her job and home.
(d) Her father would make payments on her car.
6. What does Boone compare the hair of her sick aunt to?
(a) A horse's mane.
(b) A porcupine.
(c) Orange straw.
(d) An old dust mop.
7. How long did Mama and the kids live away from Glen?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
8. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's?
(a) Bubble gum.
(b) Hair barette.
(c) Tootsie Rolls.
9. Who gives Bone a half-dollar and Reese a quarter?
(c) Bodine Waddell.
(d) Uncle Earle.
10. Who does Bone tell about her dream to be a gospel singer?
11. Who does Bone take roses from?
(a) Aunt Madeline.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Aunt Ruth.
(d) Aunt Carr.
12. In Chapter 5, what about Glen makes Bone nervous?
(a) His hands.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His temper.
(d) His smile.
13. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
(b) Uncle Earle.
14. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Uncle Earle.
15. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
(a) He rolled his own cigarettes.
(b) Pall Malls.
(c) None; Glen didn't smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bone wanted hands as strong as Glen's. How did she exercise them?
2. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
3. What does Boone spend her money earned from washing dishes on?
4. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
5. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)