|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(a) Uncle Earle.
(c) Uncle Nevil.
2. Where does the family move to after Bone turned ten years old?
(a) East Greenville.
(b) Out in the country.
(c) West Greenville.
3. What states do the gospel circuit run from?
(a) North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama.
(b) South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Tennessee.
(c) West Virginia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia.
(d) Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina.
4. Who owns Sunshine Dairy?
(a) Danny Yarboro.
(b) Bodine Waddell.
(c) Daryl Boatwright.
(d) Butch James.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Glen promise Mama?
(a) To be a better husband.
(b) To buy her a house.
(c) To get a better job.
(d) To adopt Bone and Reese when he has the money.
6. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
7. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
(a) Glen and Uncle Earle had an argument.
(b) Granny called Glen silly.
(c) Uncle Earle gave Mama money.
(d) The Boatwright uncles made fun of Glen.
8. What does Boone compare the hair of her sick aunt to?
(a) An old dust mop.
(b) A horse's mane.
(c) A porcupine.
(d) Orange straw.
9. Who throws Reese up in the air so high that it looks like she is going to fly?
10. What does Shannon Pearl's father do for a living?
(a) Works at the mill.
(b) Books singers for revivals.
(c) Operates a Christian bookstore.
(d) He is a preacher.
11. Who can't sleep past sunrise?
12. What is the one thing that saves Glen from the Boatwrights' absolute contempt?
(a) His hands.
(b) His temper.
(c) His family.
(d) His love for Anney.
13. What does Shannon Pearl talk about with Bone?
(a) She tells gruesome stories.
(b) The meanness of other children.
(d) God and the Bible.
14. How often do Bone's family visit Glen's family?
(a) Once a year.
(b) About every other month.
(d) A couple of times a month.
15. What does Aunt Alma do that earned her Glen's contempt in Chapter 6?
(a) Abandons her children.
(b) Has an affair.
(c) Gets a job.
(d) Moves out on her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Glen grinning and boasting about in Chapter 4?
2. Bone is a nickname for Ruth Anne. She is named after whom?
3. Why does Mama go to the courthouse on Bone's birthday each year?
4. Bone and Reese make fun of what in Chapter 5?
5. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)