|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bone like to listen to on the radio early in the morning?
(a) The Carter Family Special.
(b) Sunrise Gospel Hour.
(c) The Grand Ol' Opry.
(d) Rock and roll.
2. Who is Bone's favorite uncle?
3. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
(a) Cut flowers.
(b) Clip the grass.
(c) Dig up weeds.
(d) Cut each other's hair.
4. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
(a) Her mother was dying.
(b) Her father would make payments on her car.
(c) She just left a bad relationship.
(d) She lost her job and home.
5. What does Aunt Alma do that earned her Glen's contempt in Chapter 6?
(a) Has an affair.
(b) Moves out on her husband.
(c) Gets a job.
(d) Abandons her children.
6. How long did Mama and the kids live away from Glen?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 10 days.
7. Who can't sleep past sunrise?
8. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
(a) Wade, Beau, and Travis.
(b) Earle, Nevil, and Travis.
(c) Beau, Wade, and Earle.
(d) Earle, Beau, and Nevil.
9. Who owns Sunshine Dairy?
(a) Butch James.
(b) Bodine Waddell.
(c) Daryl Boatwright.
(d) Danny Yarboro.
10. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
(a) His strength and how he loved Mama.
(b) His height and his personality.
(c) His family and his arms.
(d) His hands and temper.
11. According to Bone, Glen smells of after-shave, cigarettes, Coca-Cola, and one more thing. What is that one thing?
12. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
(a) Pall Malls.
(b) He rolled his own cigarettes.
(c) None; Glen didn't smoke.
13. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Fried chicken and biscuits.
(b) Ham and watermelon.
(c) Sandwiches and apples.
(d) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
14. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
(a) Visits the library.
(b) Attends church services for young people.
(c) Attends revivals.
(d) Listens to the radio.
15. Who has many jobs, including one at the RC Cola plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
2. Bone is a nickname for Ruth Anne. She is named after whom?
3. According to Earle, every third family in Greenville County swears it's what?
4. Who gets caught stealing a quart of RC Cola from the grocery store?
5. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)