|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bone tell about her dream to be a gospel singer?
2. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(a) The doctor.
(c) County office.
(d) Hospital clerk.
3. Who has many jobs, including one at the RC Cola plant?
4. Who does Mama tell Bone that Granny loves best?
(a) Her granddaughters.
(b) Her three boys.
(c) Her grandsons.
(d) Her five girls.
5. What does Mama cook on the sides of the pan with the eggs?
(a) Green tomato slices.
6. In Chapter 5, what does Glen promise Mama?
(a) To get a better job.
(b) To be a better husband.
(c) To buy her a house.
(d) To adopt Bone and Reese when he has the money.
7. Where is Mama working when she meets her second husband?
(a) White Horse Cafe.
(b) Sears, Roebuck Auto Outlet.
(c) Textile mill.
(d) Gas station.
8. Who is Matthew Parsons?
(a) Mrs. Parsons' husband.
(b) Mrs. Parsons' brother.
(c) Mrs. Parsons' cousin.
(d) Mrs. Parsons' son.
9. Who can't sleep past sunrise?
10. Who knows the words to every song in the Baptist hymnal?
(a) Mrs. Pearl.
(b) Shannon Pearl.
11. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
(a) His height and his personality.
(b) His strength and how he loved Mama.
(c) His hands and temper.
(d) His family and his arms.
12. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
(a) The woman who runs the diner.
(b) Glen's mother.
(c) Reese's grandmother.
(d) Bone's grandmother.
13. Who does Bone love best of all her cousins?
(c) Patsy Ruth.
14. What is the setting in this book?
(a) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(b) Greenville, South Carolina.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
15. What is Glen grinning and boasting about in Chapter 4?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Mama is pregnant.
(c) His new house.
(d) His new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's?
2. Bone wanted hands as strong as Glen's. How did she exercise them?
3. Who cleans Bone's house in Chapter 4?
4. Who does Granny call an "ugly, ugly little thing"?
5. When Bone is sitting on her aunt's porch, what music does she listen to?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)