|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bone's favorite uncle?
2. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(c) Uncle Earle.
(d) Uncle Nevil.
3. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
(a) Mrs. Pearl's specialty sewing.
(b) Welfare checks.
(c) A percentage from the revivals.
(d) An inheritance.
4. What season of the year does Mama marry Glen?
5. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's?
(b) Tootsie Rolls.
(c) Hair barette.
(d) Bubble gum.
6. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
(a) Attends revivals.
(b) Visits the library.
(c) Listens to the radio.
(d) Attends church services for young people.
7. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
(a) Bury it in the garden.
(b) In a flower pot.
(c) Near the front door.
(d) Under the mattress.
8. Who tells Bone that Glen is "pure crazy where your mama's concerned"?
9. How long did Mama and the kids live away from Glen?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
(a) Granny called Glen silly.
(b) Glen and Uncle Earle had an argument.
(c) Uncle Earle gave Mama money.
(d) The Boatwright uncles made fun of Glen.
11. Who compares Glen to a "junkyard dog waiting to steal a bone"?
12. How often do Bone's family visit Glen's family?
(a) A couple of times a month.
(b) Once a year.
(c) About every other month.
13. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
(c) Mama drops them off.
(d) Ride with Uncle Earle.
14. Why does Mama go to the courthouse on Bone's birthday each year?
(a) To get a copy of a marriage certificate.
(b) She liked the court clerk.
(c) She kept losing Bone's birth certificate.
(d) To get a birth certificate without "illegitimate" stamped on it.
15. In Chapter 5, what about Glen makes Bone nervous?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His smile.
(c) His temper.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boone spend her money earned from washing dishes on?
2. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
3. What does Bone like to listen to on the radio early in the morning?
4. Bone worships her uncles. Who are they?
5. What type of cigarette does Glen smoke in Chapter 4?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)