|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
(a) Her father would make payments on her car.
(b) She just left a bad relationship.
(c) She lost her job and home.
(d) Her mother was dying.
2. Everyone knows that the Boatwright boys can be mean and have been to jail. How many Boatwright boys are there?
3. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(c) Uncle Nevil.
4. According to Earle, every third family in Greenville County swears it's what?
5. What was Glen's first job after the move in Chapter 8?
(a) Account salesman for a uniform company.
(b) Working for a box company.
(c) Working at the RC Cola plant.
(d) Driving a route for Dr. Pepper.
6. According to Granny, who is stuck up and full of themselves?
(a) Bone's real father's family.
(b) Lyle's family.
(c) The Waddells.
(d) The preacher's family.
7. What is Glen grinning and boasting about in Chapter 4?
(a) Mama is pregnant.
(b) His new job.
(c) Getting married.
(d) His new house.
8. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
9. What happens when Bone is hungry?
(a) Her hands won't stay still.
(b) She sings.
(c) She cries.
(d) She distracts herself with a book.
10. Who cleans Bone's house in Chapter 4?
(b) Aunt Ruth.
(c) Aunt Raylene.
(d) Aunt Alma.
11. Bone is a nickname for Ruth Anne. She is named after whom?
(a) Mother and grandmother.
(b) Great aunt and cousin.
(c) Grandmother and aunt.
(d) Aunt and mother.
12. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Sandwiches and apples.
(b) Fried chicken and biscuits.
(c) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
(d) Ham and watermelon.
13. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
(a) His height and his personality.
(b) His family and his arms.
(c) His strength and how he loved Mama.
(d) His hands and temper.
14. Who does Bone tell about her dream to be a gospel singer?
15. What is Bone doing before Glen takes her into the bathroom and whips her with a belt?
(a) Running through the house.
(c) Talking back.
(d) Reading a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shannon Pearl's father do for a living?
2. Whose boots are bought in the boys' department of the Sears and Roebuck?
3. Who throws Reese up in the air so high that it looks like she is going to fly?
4. Who compares Glen to a "junkyard dog waiting to steal a bone"?
5. Who does Granny call an "ugly, ugly little thing"?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)