|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets caught stealing a quart of RC Cola from the grocery store?
2. What was the first thing Mama did to Glen after he first hit Bone with a belt?
(a) Hugged Glen.
(b) Blamed Bone for the problem.
(c) Slapped Glen.
(d) Wiped away Bone's tears.
3. What causes Glen to sob in Chapter 4?
(a) Mama lost the baby and can't have more.
(b) He is sorry about molesting Bone.
(c) An argument with his father.
(d) He loses his job.
4. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
(a) Reese's grandmother.
(b) Bone's grandmother.
(c) Glen's mother.
(d) The woman who runs the diner.
5. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
(c) Ride with Uncle Earle.
(d) Mama drops them off.
6. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A percentage from the revivals.
(c) Mrs. Pearl's specialty sewing.
(d) Welfare checks.
7. Who tells Mama that Bone is being beaten?
(a) A teacher from school.
(c) An intern at the hospital.
(d) A nurse at the hospital.
8. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
(d) Uncle Earle.
9. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Ham and watermelon.
(b) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
(c) Sandwiches and apples.
(d) Fried chicken and biscuits.
10. What is Mama looking for in the box of Alma's chiffarobe?
(a) Mama's marriage license.
(b) Bone's birth certificates.
(c) Reese's birth certificate.
(d) Mama's wedding ring.
11. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
(a) Attends church services for young people.
(b) Attends revivals.
(c) Visits the library.
(d) Listens to the radio.
12. What is one of the pretend meals that Bone and Reese make up?
(a) Mashed bug meat with pickles.
(b) Fried rutabagas and jellos.
(c) Peanut butter and steamed daffodils.
(d) Sugar-glazed turtle meat with poson greens.
13. What does Shannon Pearl talk about with Bone?
(a) God and the Bible.
(c) She tells gruesome stories.
(d) The meanness of other children.
14. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
(d) New York.
15. According to Granny, who is stuck up and full of themselves?
(a) The preacher's family.
(b) Lyle's family.
(c) The Waddells.
(d) Bone's real father's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Earle, every third family in Greenville County swears it's what?
2. Who compares Glen to a "junkyard dog waiting to steal a bone"?
3. Does Bone ever see her real father?
4. Bone wanted hands as strong as Glen's. How did she exercise them?
5. What color is Bone's hair?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)