|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the pretend meals that Bone and Reese make up?
(a) Sugar-glazed turtle meat with poson greens.
(b) Peanut butter and steamed daffodils.
(c) Fried rutabagas and jellos.
(d) Mashed bug meat with pickles.
2. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's?
(b) Tootsie Rolls.
(c) Bubble gum.
(d) Hair barette.
3. Why does Mama go to the courthouse on Bone's birthday each year?
(a) She kept losing Bone's birth certificate.
(b) To get a copy of a marriage certificate.
(c) To get a birth certificate without "illegitimate" stamped on it.
(d) She liked the court clerk.
4. What does Bone like to listen to on the radio early in the morning?
(a) The Carter Family Special.
(b) The Grand Ol' Opry.
(c) Rock and roll.
(d) Sunrise Gospel Hour.
5. How often do Bone's family visit Glen's family?
(a) About every other month.
(b) A couple of times a month.
(d) Once a year.
6. What was the first thing Mama did to Glen after he first hit Bone with a belt?
(a) Blamed Bone for the problem.
(b) Slapped Glen.
(c) Wiped away Bone's tears.
(d) Hugged Glen.
7. According to Aunt Madeline, kids are what?
(a) Billy goats.
(c) A delight.
(d) A nuisance.
8. How old is Mama when Bone was born?
9. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
(a) Uncle Earle.
10. In Chapter 5, what about Glen makes Bone nervous?
(a) His hands.
(b) His temper.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His smile.
11. What is Glen grinning and boasting about in Chapter 4?
(a) His new house.
(b) Getting married.
(c) His new job.
(d) Mama is pregnant.
12. What does Bone do in Chapter 9 that upsets Aunt Alma?
(a) Stays by herself.
(b) Beats up her younger cousins.
(c) Tells gruesome stories.
(d) Sets fire to things.
13. What is Bone doing before Glen takes her into the bathroom and whips her with a belt?
(a) Reading a book.
(c) Talking back.
(d) Running through the house.
14. Where does Mama go with Bone and Reese when they leave the hospital?
(a) Aunt Alma's.
(b) Aunt Ruth's.
(d) Aunt Raylene's.
15. Where does the family move to after Bone turned ten years old?
(a) West Greenville.
(b) Out in the country.
(c) East Greenville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Parsons give Mama?
2. How does Mama's first husband die?
3. Who is Reese's father?
4. Who gets caught stealing a quart of RC Cola from the grocery store?
5. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)