|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as "black-headed and strange" with a "man-type part"?
2. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
(a) The woman who runs the diner.
(b) Glen's mother.
(c) Bone's grandmother.
(d) Reese's grandmother.
3. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Fried chicken and biscuits.
(b) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
(c) Sandwiches and apples.
(d) Ham and watermelon.
4. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
(a) Cut flowers.
(b) Clip the grass.
(c) Cut each other's hair.
(d) Dig up weeds.
5. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
(a) Visits the library.
(b) Attends revivals.
(c) Attends church services for young people.
(d) Listens to the radio.
6. What is Mama looking for in the box of Alma's chiffarobe?
(a) Bone's birth certificates.
(b) Reese's birth certificate.
(c) Mama's marriage license.
(d) Mama's wedding ring.
7. Who is Reese's father?
(a) Glen Waddell.
(b) Earle Boatwright.
(c) Lyle Parsons.
(d) Travis Smith.
8. What does Glen hope to receive from his brother, James?
(b) A job.
(d) A house.
9. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
(a) In a flower pot.
(b) Under the mattress.
(c) Bury it in the garden.
(d) Near the front door.
10. What role does Bone play in the wedding?
(a) Carried the rings.
(b) Carried the flowers.
(c) Gave the bride away.
11. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
(a) Glen and Uncle Earle had an argument.
(b) Uncle Earle gave Mama money.
(c) The Boatwright uncles made fun of Glen.
(d) Granny called Glen silly.
12. How does Mama's first husband die?
(b) Someone stabbed him.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Someone shot him.
13. Who was the nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Allison.
(d) Mrs. Myer.
14. Whose boots are bought in the boys' department of the Sears and Roebuck?
15. Who does Bone try to save from "heathen ways"?
(b) Her uncles.
(d) Her aunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
2. Where does the family move to after Bone turned ten years old?
3. Who throws Reese up in the air so high that it looks like she is going to fly?
4. According to Aunt Madeline, kids are what?
5. Who tells Mama, "Now you look like a Boatwright"?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)