|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
(a) Her mother was dying.
(b) She just left a bad relationship.
(c) She lost her job and home.
(d) Her father would make payments on her car.
2. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Ham and watermelon.
(b) Fried chicken and biscuits.
(c) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
(d) Sandwiches and apples.
3. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) Welfare checks.
(c) Mrs. Pearl's specialty sewing.
(d) A percentage from the revivals.
4. Who owns Sunshine Dairy?
(a) Butch James.
(b) Daryl Boatwright.
(c) Bodine Waddell.
(d) Danny Yarboro.
5. Who is Aunt Alma's oldest girl?
(d) Patsy Ruth.
6. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
(a) Saddle oxfords.
(b) Penny loafers.
(c) Blue canvas sneakers.
(d) Patent-leather Mary Janes.
7. From whose point of view is "Bastard Out of Carolina" told?
8. Who has a reputation for "an easy smile and a sharp tongue"?
(b) Uncle Earle.
9. What is Glen grinning and boasting about in Chapter 4?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Mama is pregnant.
(c) His new job.
(d) His new house.
10. Who gives Bone a half-dollar and Reese a quarter?
(c) Uncle Earle.
(d) Bodine Waddell.
11. How long does Mama date Glen?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
12. In Chapter 3, what kind of car does Mama drive?
13. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(a) The doctor.
(c) County office.
(d) Hospital clerk.
14. What does Boone compare the hair of her sick aunt to?
(a) A horse's mane.
(b) An old dust mop.
(c) Orange straw.
(d) A porcupine.
15. What do the Waddell's call Bone and Reese?
(b) Glen's girls.
(d) Anney's girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
2. When Bone is sitting on her aunt's porch, what music does she listen to?
3. What is Bone doing before Glen takes her into the bathroom and whips her with a belt?
4. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
5. What does Bone like to listen to on the radio early in the morning?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)