|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(c) Uncle Earle.
(d) Uncle Nevil.
2. The instructions for the love knot say that Mama should keep it where?
(a) In a flower pot.
(b) Bury it in the garden.
(c) Near the front door.
(d) Under the mattress.
3. Where is Mama working when she meets her second husband?
(a) Gas station.
(b) White Horse Cafe.
(c) Textile mill.
(d) Sears, Roebuck Auto Outlet.
4. Who hopes that Anney can give Glen a son?
5. According to Granny, who is stuck up and full of themselves?
(a) Bone's real father's family.
(b) The preacher's family.
(c) Lyle's family.
(d) The Waddells.
6. What does Glen hope to receive from his brother, James?
(c) A job.
(d) A house.
7. What does Mama feed the girls when there is little food in the house?
(b) Soda crackers and ketchup.
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
(d) Cold tomato soup.
8. Who does Bone try to save from "heathen ways"?
(a) Her aunts.
(c) Her uncles.
9. In Chapter 8, Mama expresses concern over Bone being accident prone. What causes Bone's injuries?
(a) Self abuse.
(b) Being clumsy.
(c) Physical abuse from Glen.
(d) Playing rough with her cousins.
10. In Chapter 5, what about Glen makes Bone nervous?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His smile.
(c) His temper.
(d) His hands.
11. Bone and Reese make fun of what in Chapter 5?
(a) Butch's hair.
(b) Gray's voice.
(c) Glen's hands.
(d) Little Earle's clothes.
12. When and where does the first incident of Glen molesting Bone occur?
(a) In the front seat of the car while Mama was in the hospital.
(b) In the bathroom when he was punishing Bone.
(c) In the back seat of the car after he lost his job.
(d) In Bone's bedroom soon after the honeymoon.
13. Why does Deedee agree to come home and help care for her mother?
(a) She lost her job and home.
(b) Her father would make payments on her car.
(c) She just left a bad relationship.
(d) Her mother was dying.
14. What role does Bone play in the wedding?
(a) Carried the rings.
(b) Gave the bride away.
(c) Carried the flowers.
15. According to Earle, every third family in Greenville County swears it's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Mama and the kids live away from Glen?
2. When Bone is sitting on her aunt's porch, what music does she listen to?
3. What season of the year does Mama marry Glen?
4. What causes Glen to sob in Chapter 4?
5. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)