|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Bone's hair?
(b) Midnight black.
2. Who tells Mama, "Now you look like a Boatwright"?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(c) Aunt Ruth.
(d) Aunt Alma.
3. What does Mama feed the girls when there is little food in the house?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(b) Soda crackers and ketchup.
(d) Cold tomato soup.
4. Who was the nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Myer.
(c) Mrs. Davis.
(d) Mrs. Allison.
5. Who compares Glen to a "junkyard dog waiting to steal a bone"?
6. According to Aunt Madeline, kids are what?
(a) A delight.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) Billy goats.
7. What kind of shoes does Bone long for when she turns nine years old?
(a) Saddle oxfords.
(b) Blue canvas sneakers.
(c) Patent-leather Mary Janes.
(d) Penny loafers.
8. Bone wanted hands as strong as Glen's. How did she exercise them?
(a) By hitting things.
(b) By making fists.
(c) With a punching bag.
(d) With a black rubber ball.
9. Bone is a nickname for Ruth Anne. She is named after whom?
(a) Grandmother and aunt.
(b) Mother and grandmother.
(c) Aunt and mother.
(d) Great aunt and cousin.
10. In Chapter 3, when people talk about Glen, what two things do they mention most often?
(a) His hands and temper.
(b) His family and his arms.
(c) His height and his personality.
(d) His strength and how he loved Mama.
11. Who does Bone tell about her dream to be a gospel singer?
12. In Chapter 5, what does Glen promise Mama?
(a) To get a better job.
(b) To be a better husband.
(c) To adopt Bone and Reese when he has the money.
(d) To buy her a house.
13. Who is Mrs. Parsons?
(a) The woman who runs the diner.
(b) Glen's mother.
(c) Bone's grandmother.
(d) Reese's grandmother.
14. How do Bone and her sister get to Aunt Alma's in Chapter 6?
(a) Mama drops them off.
(c) Ride with Uncle Earle.
15. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
(a) Clip the grass.
(b) Cut each other's hair.
(c) Dig up weeds.
(d) Cut flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says this: "A man who really likes women always has a touch of magic"?
2. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
3. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
4. Who are Marvella and Maybelle?
5. How long did Mama and the kids live away from Glen?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)