|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
(a) Cut flowers.
(b) Dig up weeds.
(c) Cut each other's hair.
(d) Clip the grass.
2. After getting off work, what does Mama smell like in Chapter 3?
(a) Salt and fried food.
(c) Sugar and cream.
(d) Coffee and smoke.
3. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(b) Hospital clerk.
(c) County office.
(d) The doctor.
4. Who throws Reese up in the air so high that it looks like she is going to fly?
5. Everyone knows that the Boatwright boys can be mean and have been to jail. How many Boatwright boys are there?
6. What does Glen hope to receive from his brother, James?
(a) A job.
(c) A house.
7. Who is referred to as "black-headed and strange" with a "man-type part"?
8. Why does Mama go to the courthouse on Bone's birthday each year?
(a) She kept losing Bone's birth certificate.
(b) To get a birth certificate without "illegitimate" stamped on it.
(c) To get a copy of a marriage certificate.
(d) She liked the court clerk.
9. How many people are in the downstairs apartment, according to Grey?
10. According to Granny, who is stuck up and full of themselves?
(a) The Waddells.
(b) Bone's real father's family.
(c) The preacher's family.
(d) Lyle's family.
11. In Chapter 5, what does Glen promise Mama?
(a) To adopt Bone and Reese when he has the money.
(b) To buy her a house.
(c) To get a better job.
(d) To be a better husband.
12. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
(a) A percentage from the revivals.
(b) Welfare checks.
(c) Mrs. Pearl's specialty sewing.
(d) An inheritance.
13. What does Bone do on Wednesday nights in Chapter 10?
(a) Attends church services for young people.
(b) Visits the library.
(c) Listens to the radio.
(d) Attends revivals.
14. Where is Butch living in Chapter 7?
(a) New York.
15. Who tells Bone that she isn't a racehorse?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Uncle Earle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mama tell Bone that Granny loves best?
2. What does Aunt Alma do that earned her Glen's contempt in Chapter 6?
3. What is Mama looking for in the box of Alma's chiffarobe?
4. What does Bone feel when she passes the Woolworth's windows?
5. Whose boots are bought in the boys' department of the Sears and Roebuck?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)