|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bone is hungry?
(a) She distracts herself with a book.
(b) She sings.
(c) She cries.
(d) Her hands won't stay still.
2. Who does Bone tell about her dream to be a gospel singer?
3. What does Bone dream of buying her mother after she became a famous singer?
(a) Her own diner.
(b) Beautiful clothes.
(c) A yellow Cadillac and a house on Henderson road.
(d) The fanciest house in Greenville.
4. Who tells Mama, "Now you look like a Boatwright"?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Aunt Ruth.
5. Where is the first place that Glen moves the family to?
(a) By the JC Penney mill near the railroad tracks.
(b) In the next county.
(c) Close to his brother.
(d) Next door to Beau.
6. Who decides that 'illegitimate' should be stamped on Bone's birth certificate?
(a) The doctor.
(c) County office.
(d) Hospital clerk.
7. What does Mama pack for the picnic?
(a) Sandwiches and apples.
(b) Ham and watermelon.
(c) Chicken hash and Jell-O.
(d) Fried chicken and biscuits.
8. Who tells Bone that Glen is "pure crazy where your mama's concerned"?
9. When Bone is sitting on her aunt's porch, what music does she listen to?
(a) Gospel music.
(b) Loretta Lynn.
(c) Kitty Wells and George Jones.
(d) Johnny Cash and June Carter.
10. What was the first thing Mama did to Glen after he first hit Bone with a belt?
(a) Blamed Bone for the problem.
(b) Hugged Glen.
(c) Wiped away Bone's tears.
(d) Slapped Glen.
11. Who cleans Bone's house in Chapter 4?
(a) Aunt Ruth.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
12. What does Bone do in Chapter 9 that upsets Aunt Alma?
(a) Beats up her younger cousins.
(b) Sets fire to things.
(c) Stays by herself.
(d) Tells gruesome stories.
13. Who was the nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Myer.
(d) Mrs. Allison.
14. Who gives Bone a half-dollar and Reese a quarter?
(a) Uncle Earle.
(b) Bodine Waddell.
15. Who is Bone's favorite uncle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Marvella and Maybelle?
2. Whose photographic image is described "as flat and empty as a sheet of tin in the sun"?
3. What is the one thing that saves Glen from the Boatwrights' absolute contempt?
4. What preceded Glen talking badly about Boatwrights in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Bone take roses from?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)