|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say just delays the little voice controlling his drug use?
2. What is Jim looking for when he opens a door to find a young German couple on the floor?
3. What does Jim say when asked if he thinks Christ was God?
4. Why does Jim visit his girlfriend, Hedi, every Friday?
5. What is Ju-Ju Johnson's forte, according to Jim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What struggles does Jim face in overcoming his drug use? How has the use affected him physically? How has it affected him mentally?
Essay Topic 2
How are teachers portrayed in the diaries? How is education portrayed? What feelings or experiences might explain Jim's fantasy of bringing a gun to school?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jim express his confidence over the course of the book? How does he show or hide his weakness?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)