|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time did Jim spend at Riker's Island?
2. What is Jim's new money-making scheme, in which he uses his lock slapping skills?
3. What does Bobby Blake give away on the street that draws a crowd?
4. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
5. Who offers Jim a ride as far as 181st after his train breaks down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What struggles does Jim face in overcoming his drug use? How has the use affected him physically? How has it affected him mentally?
Essay Topic 2
How does being an athlete help Jim fit in? How does a good reputation as an athlete create opportunities for Jim?
Essay Topic 3
How do Jim and his friends show respect for each other? Give an example from the text of one person reaching out to help another.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)