|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim threaten to do if the person he robs yells for the cops?
2. Who does Jim get stuck with as a roommate during the National High School All-Star Basketball trip?
3. Why does Jim end up at Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
4. Where does Jim go to play in the National High School All-Star Basketball game?
5. Who catches Bobby Blake on a stool at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a "war baby?" Why does Jim believe he is paying for a war he was not alive for? Discuss how war affects future generations.
Essay Topic 2
How does Jim express his confidence over the course of the book? How does he show or hide his weakness?
Essay Topic 3
How are teachers portrayed in the diaries? How is education portrayed? What feelings or experiences might explain Jim's fantasy of bringing a gun to school?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)