|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Jim describe as the friendly neighborhood tavern?
2. Why does Jim walk up sixteen flights of stairs to Benny's apartment?
3. What game do Sharron and Lou-Lou want to play with Jim and Kenny?
4. What does Bobby Blake decide to eat at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
5. How does the daily drug use make Jim's eyes feel?
Essay Topic 1
How is Jim a loyal friend? What decisions does he make that show this quality?
Essay Topic 2
How do adults positively influence the "characters" in the book? How do they negatively affect them?
Essay Topic 3
In the summer of 1965, what fuels Jim's fears about a bomb dropping on him? How does his location influence that fear? Might he feel differently if he was raised in a small town? Why or why not?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)