|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bobby Blake get into Gussie's Soda Fountain?
2. Where does Jim go when he decides to skip school at the start of spring 1965?
3. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
4. How much time did Jim spend at Riker's Island?
5. How long has Jim been holed up at Headquarters at the end of Summer 66?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is New York a hero for Jim? How might his life writing be different if he grew up in another place?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jim's interactions with people of other cultures. How does he get along with them? What conflicts does he have? What type of language does he use to describe them?
Essay Topic 3
How are teachers portrayed in the diaries? How is education portrayed? What feelings or experiences might explain Jim's fantasy of bringing a gun to school?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)