|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
2. Why does Jim say his hair is long?
3. Who offers Jim a ride as far as 181st after his train breaks down?
4. Where does Jim go to play in the National High School All-Star Basketball game?
5. Why does the coach tell Jim and Bax they cannot suit up for the game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jim's personality. Include characteristics that help him succeed in basketball as well as in his studies.
Essay Topic 2
How does Jim express his confidence over the course of the book? How does he show or hide his weakness?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jim become disillusioned with the peace movement? Why does he believe that leaders are not needed? What type of change does he suggest?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)