|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim to 89th to find a dealer?
2. Where does Jim accompany Brian's Navy friends?
3. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
4. In the fall of 1965, what becomes a regular weekend activity for Jim and his friends?
5. As he nears his 15th birthday, why does Jim start feeling that he should quit drugs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Jim unwilling to hustle at Yankee Stadium, when he hustles on the street? Discuss the skills he uses in both of these worlds.
Essay Topic 2
How does Jim express his confidence over the course of the book? How does he show or hide his weakness?
Essay Topic 3
How is Jim a loyal friend? What decisions does he make that show this quality?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)