|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
2. At the end of the spring 1965, who approaches Jim in a Bronx neighborhood?
3. What does Jim describe climbing on the walls at Headquarters?
4. Why does Jim end up at Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
5. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What struggles does Jim face in overcoming his drug use? How has the use affected him physically? How has it affected him mentally?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jim express his confidence over the course of the book? How does he show or hide his weakness?
Essay Topic 3
How is Jim a loyal friend? What decisions does he make that show this quality?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)