|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the daily drug use make Jim's eyes feel?
2. Why does Jim suspect the three men in trench coats are narcotics cops, not basketball scouts?
3. What school rule do Jim and his friends frequently break after lunch?
4. What does Jim think about more than Karl Marx?
5. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does being an athlete help Jim fit in? How does a good reputation as an athlete create opportunities for Jim?
Essay Topic 2
What is a "war baby?" Why does Jim believe he is paying for a war he was not alive for? Discuss how war affects future generations.
Essay Topic 3
How do Jim and his friends show respect for each other? Give an example from the text of one person reaching out to help another.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)