|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bobby Blake get into Gussie's Soda Fountain?
2. What does everyone at headquarters chip in to buy after Willie Bender's death?
3. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
4. What is Ju-Ju Johnson's forte, according to Jim?
5. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Jim and his friends show respect for each other? Give an example from the text of one person reaching out to help another.
Essay Topic 2
Why might basketball be the chosen sport for Jim? What factors make this a popular sport with boys in his community?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jim's interactions with people of other cultures. How does he get along with them? What conflicts does he have? What type of language does he use to describe them?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)