|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim see directing traffic at a six-way intersection?
2. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
3. How does the daily drug use make Jim's eyes feel?
4. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
5. Where does Jim go when he decides to skip school at the start of spring 1965?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a "war baby?" Why does Jim believe he is paying for a war he was not alive for? Discuss how war affects future generations.
Essay Topic 2
What might Jim's goals be? What is he doing to accomplish them?
Essay Topic 3
How is New York a hero for Jim? How might his life writing be different if he grew up in another place?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)