|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank Pinewater's mother take him in hopes of curing his drug habit?
2. What one thing does Jim experience with peyote he never experienced with acid?
3. What does Jim tell the police officer he is doing, when he is spotted in his school blazer during the day?
4. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
5. What does Bobby Blake give away on the street that draws a crowd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jim become disillusioned with the peace movement? Why does he believe that leaders are not needed? What type of change does he suggest?
Essay Topic 2
How is Jim a loyal friend? What decisions does he make that show this quality?
Essay Topic 3
In the summer of 1965, what fuels Jim's fears about a bomb dropping on him? How does his location influence that fear? Might he feel differently if he was raised in a small town? Why or why not?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)