|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
2. Who beats Jim up at the Bucket of Blood?
3. As he nears his 15th birthday, why does Jim start feeling that he should quit drugs?
4. Why does Jim end up at Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
5. Why does Jim say his hair is long?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jim's personality. Include characteristics that help him succeed in basketball as well as in his studies.
Essay Topic 2
How are teachers portrayed in the diaries? How is education portrayed? What feelings or experiences might explain Jim's fantasy of bringing a gun to school?
Essay Topic 3
How do adults positively influence the "characters" in the book? How do they negatively affect them?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)