|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim ask his mom for that makes her angry?
2. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
3. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
4. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
5. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim feel at the end of the diary?
2. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
3. Why do the junkies in the tavern start ordering beer after the cops arrive?
4. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
5. In the winter of 1964, how does Jim try to prove he is not hooked onmarijuana?
6. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
7. Why does Jim get out of saying confession in the winter of 1964?
8. Why does Jim think Melody, his blind date, is strange?
9. Why doesn't Ju-Ju think Jim can pass as his son?
10. Why does Jim say he never liked Bobo from the old Boys' Club bunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the summer of 1965, what fuels Jim's fears about a bomb dropping on him? How does his location influence that fear? Might he feel differently if he was raised in a small town? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is Jim a loyal friend? What decisions does he make that show this quality?
Essay Topic 3
What might Jim's goals be? What is he doing to accomplish them?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)