|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim go after the game against Horace Mann?
2. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
3. What do Jim and his team want to do after their victory at Riverdale?
4. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
5. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
2. Why does Jim say he and his friends are not really breaking into the park to steal basketballs?
3. How does Jim end up playing on a new team at the summer league championship game?
4. What prank does Mancole play on a neighbor?
5. How does Jim react to seeing his friend Bobby Sachs's dead body?
6. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
7. Describe Jim's performance in the basketball game he plays in New Jersey.
8. How do both teams win the summer league championship game?
9. Why does Lefty leave his players in the Bronx?
10. Why does Pedro stay home from the basketball game?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jim become disillusioned with the peace movement? Why does he believe that leaders are not needed? What type of change does he suggest?
Essay Topic 2
In the summer of 1965, what fuels Jim's fears about a bomb dropping on him? How does his location influence that fear? Might he feel differently if he was raised in a small town? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jim's interactions with people of other cultures. How does he get along with them? What conflicts does he have? What type of language does he use to describe them?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)