|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
2. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
3. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
4. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
5. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Ju-Ju think Jim can pass as his son?
2. Describe the plan Jim's friends execute to deter cops from driving on the paths at the park.
3. Why is Jimmy Mancole behaving strangely, after he and Jim knock on every door and check every street corner looking for drugs?
4. What does Jim say is the worst part of his addiction?
5. How do both teams win the summer league championship game?
6. Why does Jim feel Gums's family is being dramatic about him leaving for the Army?
7. How does Jim's body feel when he tries heroin for the first time?
8. Why does Jim run out of the theater during the movie?
9. Why does Jim think the little girl he meets might drop out of her class?
10. How do Jim and his friends end up with the keys to the American Legion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Jim and his friends show respect for each other? Give an example from the text of one person reaching out to help another.
Essay Topic 2
What is a "war baby?" Why does Jim believe he is paying for a war he was not alive for? Discuss how war affects future generations.
Essay Topic 3
How do priests and brothers show their power at Jim's school? How do the students interact with them?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)