|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
2. What does Jim ask his mom for that makes her angry?
3. What does Jim think a requirement seems to be for attending Communist Party meetings?
4. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
5. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jim's behavior after he smokes a joint with the old Army vet.
2. What does Jim say is the advantage of going to a private school?
3. Why does Jim call local trains lousy transit?
4. Compare Jim's basketball team to the team at Riverdale High.
5. Why is Jimmy Mancole behaving strangely, after he and Jim knock on every door and check every street corner looking for drugs?
6. Why is Jim embarrassed during the game against St. Hilda's?
7. Describe Jim's performance in the basketball game he plays in New Jersey.
8. Why does Jim say he never liked Bobo from the old Boys' Club bunch?
9. Why does Jim say he and his friends are not really breaking into the park to steal basketballs?
10. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is New York a hero for Jim? How might his life writing be different if he grew up in another place?
Essay Topic 2
How is Jim a loyal friend? What decisions does he make that show this quality?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jim's personality. Include characteristics that help him succeed in basketball as well as in his studies.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)