|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and his team want to do after their victory at Riverdale?
2. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
3. What TV show do Willie and Jim make fun of at their party in the woods?
4. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
5. What does Jim wear to gym class at the park to feel less self-conscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
2. Why does Jim run out of the theater during the movie?
3. How do Jim and his friends end up with the keys to the American Legion?
4. Why does Jim say he and his friends are not really breaking into the park to steal basketballs?
5. Describe the plan Jim's friends execute to deter cops from driving on the paths at the park.
6. Why is Jim embarrassed during the game against St. Hilda's?
7. What does Jim say is the advantage of going to a private school?
8. Why does Jim say the train toward 137th St. suddenly smells like a cattle car?
9. Describe Jim's behavior after he smokes a joint with the old Army vet.
10. What does Jim claim he and his friends have mastered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jim become disillusioned with the peace movement? Why does he believe that leaders are not needed? What type of change does he suggest?
Essay Topic 2
How do adults positively influence the "characters" in the book? How do they negatively affect them?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Jim unwilling to hustle at Yankee Stadium, when he hustles on the street? Discuss the skills he uses in both of these worlds.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)