|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim do after History classes on his first day of school?
2. What does Jim say the "old cigar chomping Garden regulars" love to see?
3. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
4. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
5. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jim's performance in the basketball game he plays in New Jersey.
2. Why does Jim feel he has to watch himself in the woods?
3. Why does Jim settle for methadone when he wants dope?
4. Why does Jim dread returning to a Catholic school?
5. Why does Jim run out of the theater during the movie?
6. What does Jim say is the advantage of going to a private school?
7. What does Jim say is the worst part of his addiction?
8. Describe Jim's experience in chapel service on his first day of school.
9. Why does Jim suspect his family receives the Catholic News?
10. Describe the plan Jim's friends execute to deter cops from driving on the paths at the park.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Jim express his confidence over the course of the book? How does he show or hide his weakness?
Essay Topic 2
How do adults positively influence the "characters" in the book? How do they negatively affect them?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jim want to return to public school? How is his Catholic school different than a public school? How is it similar?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)