|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
2. Where does Jim to to attend a Communist Party meeting with Bunty?
3. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
4. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
5. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim's dad respond when he tells him how the government suppresses the proletariat?
2. Why is Chris's story about Willie's injury unlikely?
3. What does Jim claim he and his friends have mastered?
4. Why does Jim suspect his family receives the Catholic News?
5. Why does Jim say the train toward 137th St. suddenly smells like a cattle car?
6. What theory about paying for food do Jim and his friends share while stoned?
7. Why is Jim embarrassed during the game against St. Hilda's?
8. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
9. How are the passersby responding to Freddie C., who is exposing himself, in the Bronx?
10. Why does Lefty leave his players in the Bronx?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Jim unwilling to hustle at Yankee Stadium, when he hustles on the street? Discuss the skills he uses in both of these worlds.
Essay Topic 2
How does the abuse Jim experiences at Riker's compare to the harsh reality of his everyday life on the streets? What psychological problems might he face as a result of his experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jim want to return to public school? How is his Catholic school different than a public school? How is it similar?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)