|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
2. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
3. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
4. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
5. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim feel he has to watch himself in the woods?
2. What does Jim say is the worst part of his addiction?
3. How does Jim manage to hide his report card from his parents?
4. How are the passersby responding to Freddie C., who is exposing himself, in the Bronx?
5. According to Jim, how is the game "chickie" played?
6. Why isn't Jim going to tell anyone he was in a baby powder commercial?
7. Why is Chris's story about Willie's injury unlikely?
8. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
9. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
10. Why does Jim say the train toward 137th St. suddenly smells like a cattle car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jim want to return to public school? How is his Catholic school different than a public school? How is it similar?
Essay Topic 2
How do priests and brothers show their power at Jim's school? How do the students interact with them?
Essay Topic 3
Why might basketball be the chosen sport for Jim? What factors make this a popular sport with boys in his community?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)