|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
2. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
3. How does the school nurse solve most ailments, according to Jim?
4. What fake name does Brian give when he purchases codeine?
5. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim think Melody, his blind date, is strange?
2. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
3. How does Jim manage to hide his report card from his parents?
4. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
5. What does Jim claim he and his friends have mastered?
6. In the winter of 1964, how does Jim try to prove he is not hooked onmarijuana?
7. Why doesn't Ju-Ju think Jim can pass as his son?
8. What prank does Mancole play on a neighbor?
9. Why is Chris's story about Willie's injury unlikely?
10. Describe Jim's experience in chapel service on his first day of school.
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jim want to return to public school? How is his Catholic school different than a public school? How is it similar?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jim show his identity? How does his identity change over the course of his teen years?
Essay Topic 3
How is New York a hero for Jim? How might his life writing be different if he grew up in another place?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)